IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What is the scientific explanation of Quranic vers  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is the scientific explanation of Quranic vers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the scientific explanation of Quranic vers
    Posted: 09 August 2018 at 2:23am
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

Originally posted by asep garut asep garut wrote:

Originally posted by rehan.asiddiqui rehan.asiddiqui wrote:

I need to know the scientific explanations of this Quranic verse 35:27. Can anybody help me?
"Do you not see that Allah sends down rain from the sky, and We produce thereby fruits of varying colors? And in the mountains are tracts, white and red of varying shades and [some] extremely black."

Wa’alaikumussalam, Rehan,

I am not an expert in the field of natural sciences, but I also want to participate in sharing knowledge according to what I have about the Qur'an verse 35:27 as follows:

�£َلَمْ تَرَ �£َنَّ اللَّهَ �£َنزَلَ مِنَ السَّمَاءِ مَاءً فَ�£َخْرَجْنَا بِهِ ثَمَرَاتٍ مُّخْتَلِفاً �£َلْوَانُهَا وَمِنَ الْجِبَالِ جُدَدٌ بِيضٌ وَحُمْرٌ مُّخْتَلِفٌ �£َلْوَانُهَا وَغَرَابِيبُ سُودٌ.

“See you not that Allah sends down water (rain) from the sky, and We produce therewith fruits of various colors, and among the mountains are streaks white and red, of varying colors and (others) very black.”

In that verse there is a sentence:

�£َلَمْ تَرَ �£َنَّ اللَّهَ �£َنزَلَ مِنَ السَّمَاءِ

The purpose of the sentence is that humans who have been given brain must pay attention to rainwater, because it is impossible for Allah to make all of that without any 'Hikmah' behind the rain for human life.

In my mind that the 35:27 Qur'an proves the power of Allah and invites people to think and pay attention to His creation, that Allah sends down the rain from the sky then with rain it can produce various kinds of fruits of various colors, shapes, flavors, etc. including mountain that have lines of lines that look white, red and other colors and even very black even though that are all come from one source (rainwater) and the materials that are on the surface and in the bowels of the earth.

The word  جُدَدٌ (Judadu) that is the plural form of the word Juddatun which means road, the word بِيْضٌ  (Bidhun) that is the plural from of the word Abyadun which means white, the wordحُمْرٌ (Khumrun) that is the plural of the word Akhmar which means red, the word غَرَابِيْبُ (Gharabibu) that is the plural from of the word  Ghirbib which means very thick/bold, the word سُوْدٌ (Sudun) that is the plural from of the word Aswad which means black.

And what you asked about "Black" in this verse according to my understanding is that it is concrete (not figurative or hidden) by the reason that such two syllables غَرَابِيبُسُودٌ more inclined to material that is easily seen by the eye without using a tool (only Allah is the Knower).

And to prove it, please visit what Tim the plumber said or you can also visit The Zhangxia Danxia National Geological Park in China.

Jazakallahu Khair.

Wassalam.

As I said the desert around Petra is very striking and beautiful. It has very vivid colours including reds, purples, white and green/black in the exposed stones.

I don't see how that makes any scientific claim at all though.

Yes you're right, because according to His word that it is the material that is easy to see.

Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2018 at 9:20am
Originally posted by asep garut asep garut wrote:

I need to know the scientific explanations of this Quranic verse 35:27. Can anybody help me?
"Do you not see that Allah sends down rain from the sky, and We produce thereby fruits of varying colors? And in the mountains are tracts, white and red of varying shades and [some] extremely black."

I am not an expert in the field of natural sciences, but I also want to participate in sharing knowledge according to what I have about the Qur'an verse 35:27 as follows:

�£َلَمْ تَرَ �£َنَّ اللَّهَ �£َنزَلَ مِنَ السَّمَاءِ مَاءً فَ�£َخْرَجْنَا بِهِ ثَمَرَاتٍ مُّخْتَلِفاً �£َلْوَانُهَا وَمِنَ الْجِبَالِ جُدَدٌ بِيضٌ وَحُمْرٌ مُّخْتَلِفٌ �£َلْوَانُهَا وَغَرَابِيبُ سُودٌ.

“See you not that Allah sends down water (rain) from the sky, and We produce therewith fruits of various colors, and among the mountains are streaks white and red, of varying colors and (others) very black.”

The purpose of the sentence is that humans who have been given brain must pay attention to rainwater, because it is impossible for Allah to make all of that without any 'Hikmah' behind the rain for human life.

In my mind that the 35:27 Qur'an proves the power of Allah and invites people to think and pay attention to His creation, that Allah sends down the rain from the sky then with rain it can produce various kinds of fruits of various colors, shapes, flavors, etc. including mountain that have lines of lines that look white, red and other colors and even very black even though that are all come from one source (rainwater) and the materials that are on the surface and in the bowels of the earth.

The word  جُدَدٌ (Judadu) that is the plural form of the word Juddatun which means road, the word بِيْضٌ  (Bidhun) that is the plural from of the word Abyadun which means white, the wordحُمْرٌ (Khumrun) that is the plural of the word Akhmar which means red, the word غَرَابِيْبُ (Gharabibu) that is the plural from of the word  Ghirbib which means very thick/bold, the word سُوْدٌ (Sudun) that is the plural from of the word Aswad which means black.

And what you asked about "Black" in this verse according to my understanding is that it is concrete (not figurative or hidden) by the reason that such two syllables غَرَابِيبُسُودٌ more inclined to material that is easily seen by the eye without using a tool (only Allah is the Knower).

And to prove it, please visit what Tim the plumber said or you can also visit The Zhangxia Danxia National Geological Park in China.

Jazakallahu Khair.

Wassalam.

As I said the desert around Petra is very striking and beautiful. It has very vivid colours including reds, purples, white and green/black in the exposed stones.

I don't see how that makes any scientific claim at all though.

asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2018 at 1:50pm

Jazakallahu Khair.

Wassalam.

Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2018 at 7:12am

I reccomend a hoilday in Jordan. The desert there is especially beautiful. The colours of the rocks are very vivid and spectacular. The ancient city of Petra is a must see. Well worth it.
rehan.asiddiqui View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rehan.asiddiqui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 9:28pm
All praise goes to Allah (SWT) Who has rewarded us with a brilliant mind and thinking capacity. Thanks to all of you for your valuable comments and precious time.

I am a student of Biology and I was told about this Quranic verse (35:27) by my supervisor. As far as my understanding is concerned, the words "the mountains are streak white, and red of varying shades, and [some] are extremely black" means:

1. When we talk about colors it means wavelength. Change in the wavelengths will result in a change in colors and vice versa.

2. White means visible colors like VIBGOYR.

3. "Red of varying shades" indicates infrared region. It has a wide range of wavelength indicating varying shades of red color.

4. If you do the infra-red (IR) spectroscopy of any substance found in the universe, you will get specific wavelength spectral pattern like fingerprints. If you inverse the spectra with the help of a software, it will look like "mountains".

5. What is meant by black? I don't know. It may be x-rays or gamma rays.

I want to go in deep, that's why i asked this question to know about different perspectives.

Indeed, what is written in the Quran, has more than several meanings. The Quran invites its readers to think in deep and deep. Infact, there is always a sign for those who understand.

If you find any other explanation, please share.

(Allah knows better)

Jazak Allah!
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 7:52pm
Wa alaikum salam
It simply means that Allah has programmed the water, clouds and winds in a manner that can produce rain when the combination is right. It also means that the physical laws are created by Allah in the process of production.
Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
rehan.asiddiqui View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rehan.asiddiqui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2018 at 2:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic