IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is becoming a fan of celebrity haram in Islam?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is becoming a fan of celebrity haram in Islam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridazuhdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is becoming a fan of celebrity haram in Islam?
    Posted: 13 July 2018 at 10:23am
Assalamu'alaikum everyone,

I am from Indonesia. I hope you guys can help to explain to me my confusion here.

Lately, i've become a fan from one of kpop idol group, I did so many things that every other fan did too, like listened to all their music, bought their album, saved their picture on social media, watched their previous video, watched their concert, and even i've memorized all of their profile and habits.

And yesterday, my father sent me this hadits :

Ibn Umar reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.”

Source: Sunan Abu Dawud 4031

Grade: Hasan (fair) according to Ibn Hajar

عَنْ ابْنِ عُمَرَ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ مَنْ تَشَبَّهَ بِقَوْمٍ فَهُوَ مِنْهُمْ

4031 سنن �£بي داود كِتَاب اللِّبَاسِ من تشبه بقوم فهو منهم

المحدث ابن حجر العسقلاني خلاصة حكم المحدث إسناده حسن

My father sent that with the mention 'you must read this hadits, it's haram for you to be a fan of non-muslims celebrity, if you included to be one of them, it's means you can't get the jannah, and what makes me so sad is you said you want us to be together again in jannah'.

My heart feels so broken after read that text. I cried a lot. Is it true that islam not allow us to be a fan of non-muslims celebrity because it means we are the one of them in the hereafter?

Thanks in advance,

Wassalam.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2018 at 6:23am
Salaams Rida, and welcome. Please don't feel bad and discuss with your father your feelings and seek further clarification concerning his advice to you. I believe you will certainly find he didn't mean your faith is nullified by association with celebrity.

A man asked the Prophet (ﷺ) about the Hour (i.e. Day of Judgment) saying, "When will the Hour be?" The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "What have you prepared for it?" The man said, "Nothing, except that I love Allah and His Apostle." The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "You will be with those whom you love."
ridazuhdi View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridazuhdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 1:50am
Thank you for your advise. And thank you for the reply. It'll really help me.

I'll try to discuss this topic with my father as soon as possible. And I will try to fade my obsession for kpop step by step for my sake.

Thank you @abuayisha. Barakallah.
Rabiyaafreen8 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabiyaafreen8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2019 at 1:11pm
Assalamualaikum sister, I'm also going through the same problem.
I've been watching videos of them, listening to their songs and I'm not able to get over them.
I would be really happy if you could give me some advice.
@ridazuhdi
icforumadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2019 at 10:38pm
It's not haram, but as long as not too much ("exceed the boundary") and not make them as "idol" .
asep garutea View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2019 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by ridazuhdi ridazuhdi wrote:

Assalamu'alaikum everyone,

I am from Indonesia. I hope you guys can help to explain to me my confusion here.

Lately, i've become a fan from one of kpop idol group, I did so many things that every other fan did too, like listened to all their music, bought their album, saved their picture on social media, watched their previous video, watched their concert, and even i've memorized all of their profile and habits.

And yesterday, my father sent me this hadits :

Ibn Umar reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.”

Source: Sunan Abu Dawud 4031

Grade: Hasan (fair) according to Ibn Hajar

عَنْ ابْنِ عُمَرَ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ مَنْ تَشَبَّهَ بِقَوْمٍ فَهُوَ مِنْهُمْ

4031 سنن �£بي داود كِتَاب اللِّبَاسِ من تشبه بقوم فهو منهم

المحدث ابن حجر العسقلاني خلاصة حكم المحدث إسناده حسن

My father sent that with the mention 'you must read this hadits, it's haram for you to be a fan of non-muslims celebrity, if you included to be one of them, it's means you can't get the jannah, and what makes me so sad is you said you want us to be together again in jannah'.

My heart feels so broken after read that text. I cried a lot. Is it true that islam not allow us to be a fan of non-muslims celebrity because it means we are the one of them in the hereafter?

Thanks in advance,

Wassalam.
Wa'alaykum salam, ridazuhdi..
I'm from Indonesia too.
If you are a Muslim, liking someone is not prohibited because it is human nature as long as it is not excessive. The point is not to exceed your love for Allah and the Messenger of Allah.
Please contemplate the Words of Allah Subhanahu wata'ala and the hadith of the Prophet Muhammad Shallallahu 'alaihi wasallam below:
Allah says:
لَقَدْ كَانَ لَكُمْ فِيْ رَسُوْلِ اللّٰهِ اُسْوَةٌ حَسَنَةٌ لِّمَنْ كَانَ يَرْجُوا اللّٰهَ وَالْيَوْمَ الْاٰخِرَ وَذَكَرَ اللّٰهَ كَثِيْرًا   
"Indeed, the Prophet Muhammad was a good role model for you (ie) for those who hope for (the mercy) of Allah and the coming of the Day of Judgment and who remember Allah a lot. "
(Al-Ahzab 33: 21)

It means that the Prophet Muhammad was the best human idol. If Allah gives information like that, then what you have to idolize is him, because Allah who created man knows better His intentions and positive value for human. Even Allah praised him.
وَاِنَّكَ  لَعَلٰى خُلُقٍ عَظِيْمٍ
"And in fact you are truly virtuous."
(Al-Qalam 68: 4)

In the hadith narration of Ath Thobroni, from ‘Aisyah radhiyallahu‘ anha, Rasulullah sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said:
لَا يُحِبّ �£َحَد قَوْمًا إِلَّا حُشِرَ مَعَهُمْ يَوْم الْقِيَامَة
"It is not someone who loves a people but he will be gathered with them on the Day of Judgment"

That is if you idolize kpop to excess, then you will gather with those who do not know whether they will gather in Heaven or Hell? while the Prophets / Apostles are guaranteed to be in Heaven. Please like someone but do not exceed your love for Allah and His Messenger.
Love for Allah and His Messenger is everything, surely you will get protection and safety in the hereafter.
Allah says:
قُلْ اِنْ كُنْتُمْ تُحِبُّوْنَ اللّٰهَ فَاتَّبِعُوْنِيْ  يُحْبِبْكُمُ اللّٰهُ وَيَغْفِرْ لَـكُمْ ذُنُوْبَكُمْ ۗ  وَاللّٰهُ غَفُوْرٌ رَّحِيْمٌ
"Say (Muhammad), If you love Allah, follow me, surely Allah loves you and forgives your sins. Allah is Forgiving, Most Merciful"
(Ali 'Imran 3: 31)

The Prophet Muhammad said:
�£َوْثَقُ عُرَى الْإِيمَانِ الْحُبُّ فِي اللَّهِ ، وَالْبُغْضُ فِي اللَّهِ
"The strongest rope of faith is love because of Allah and hate because of Allah.
(Narrated by Ahmad 4/286)

Hopefully it will be an afterthought for you.

Asep garutea.

Ifrah02 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ifrah02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2020 at 2:31am
Asselamwalaikum warehmatulla hiwabarakatuhu,..in islam you should follow those who are steadfast in deen, those who contain great knowledge of islam and those who are contributing their time towards poor and orphans,.the person who is not trangressing or doing haram things...while spoken about celebrities, firstly note that music, singing,dancing and acting is Haram and strictly prohibited in islam, as music deviates us from true path and remembrance of Allah as it is the tool of shaitaan to misguide us, and dancing acting also involves vulgarity ,alcohol ,and foul words which are no where related to deen,..As prophet pbuh said : Those who follow immoral men /women will be amongst them,and on the day of judgement Allah swt will question us about whom we followed in dunya and when a slave answers the name of a celebrity or a person then that person will hold no responsibility of misguiding him and Allah swt will tell both of them to enter hell fire as the celeb diverted their mind and they took them as their heros,..
Always follow or be a fan of those who are a true celebrity of jannah,,and the best of all the persons and prophets i.e prophet Muhammad pbuh,..be a fan of him and it will bring you a huge success in sha Allah,.never follow celebs who are not steadfast in deen and who promote haram things as they are misguiding majority of people ,they are the puppets of shaitaan by whom he makes us follow and indulge in haram activities, like drinking alcohol, dancing,singing,kissing and ultimately zina .
I hope my answer helped you, jazak Allah khair
jamin View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2020 at 9:00am
Originally posted by ridazuhdi ridazuhdi wrote:

Thank you for your advise. And thank you for the reply. It'll really help me.

I'll try to discuss this topic with my father as soon as possible. And I will try to fade my obsession for kpop step by step for my sake.

Thank you @abuayisha. Barakallah.

Thank You For Asking This Question!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic