IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups – Youth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is becoming a fan of celebrity haram in Islam?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridazuhdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is becoming a fan of celebrity haram in Islam?
    Posted: 13 July 2018 at 10:23am
Assalamu'alaikum everyone,

I am from Indonesia. I hope you guys can help to explain to me my confusion here.

Lately, i've become a fan from one of kpop idol group, I did so many things that every other fan did too, like listened to all their music, bought their album, saved their picture on social media, watched their previous video, watched their concert, and even i've memorized all of their profile and habits.

And yesterday, my father sent me this hadits :

Ibn Umar reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, โ€œWhoever imitates a people is one of them.โ€

Source: Sunan Abu Dawud 4031

Grade: Hasan (fair) according to Ibn Hajar

ุนูŽู†ู’ ุงุจู’ู†ู ุนูู…ูŽุฑูŽ ู‚ูŽุงู„ูŽ ู‚ูŽุงู„ูŽ ุฑูŽุณููˆู„ู ุงู„ู„ูŽู‘ู‡ู ุตูŽู„ูŽู‘ู‰ ุงู„ู„ูŽู‘ู‡ู ุนูŽู„ูŽูŠู’ู‡ู ูˆูŽุณูŽู„ูŽู‘ู…ูŽ ู…ูŽู†ู’ ุชูŽุดูŽุจูŽู‘ู‡ูŽ ุจูู‚ูŽูˆู’ู…ู ููŽู‡ููˆูŽ ู…ูู†ู’ู‡ูู…ู’

4031 ุณู†ู† ุ£ุจูŠ ุฏุงูˆุฏ ูƒูุชูŽุงุจ ุงู„ู„ูู‘ุจูŽุงุณู ู…ู† ุชุดุจู‡ ุจู‚ูˆู… ูู‡ูˆ ู…ู†ู‡ู…

ุงู„ู…ุญุฏุซ ุงุจู† ุญุฌุฑ ุงู„ุนุณู‚ู„ุงู†ูŠ ุฎู„ุงุตุฉ ุญูƒู… ุงู„ู…ุญุฏุซ ุฅุณู†ุงุฏู‡ ุญุณู†

My father sent that with the mention 'you must read this hadits, it's haram for you to be a fan of non-muslims celebrity, if you included to be one of them, it's means you can't get the jannah, and what makes me so sad is you said you want us to be together again in jannah'.

My heart feels so broken after read that text. I cried a lot. Is it true that islam not allow us to be a fan of non-muslims celebrity because it means we are the one of them in the hereafter?

Thanks in advance,

Wassalam.
Sponsored Links

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2018 at 6:23am
Salaams Rida, and welcome. Please don't feel bad and discuss with your father your feelings and seek further clarification concerning his advice to you. I believe you will certainly find he didn't mean your faith is nullified by association with celebrity.

A man asked the Prophet (๏ทบ) about the Hour (i.e. Day of Judgment) saying, "When will the Hour be?" The Prophet (๏ทบ) said, "What have you prepared for it?" The man said, "Nothing, except that I love Allah and His Apostle." The Prophet (๏ทบ) said, "You will be with those whom you love."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic