IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A question from a Christian young lady
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


A question from a Christian young lady

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message
MIAW View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 17 January 2018
Status: Offline
Points: 196
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A question from a Christian young lady
    Posted: 13 June 2018 at 6:14am

A question from a Christian young lady: Why did this man leave Christianity (Catholicism) for Islam?

Here is the reply (in English):
Back to Top
Al Masihi View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 March 2018
Status: Offline
Points: 141
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Masihi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 3:22pm
That’s the funniest and saddest videos I’ve ever seen, the Roman Catholic Church didn’t come into the picture until about 600 years after Christ and after many splits with the one true Orthodox Church. Alexander the Great never reached Italy and he most certainly never even went to Rome in his lifetime. The birth date of Jesus was some time in the winter although the date is not specified neither is December 25 the date of the birth of Mithras or Sol Invictus, you may check all historical records on Mithras or Sol Invictus none however show his birth being on December 25. As for images in the Church, if Yusuf Estes was infact a Catholic priest, he’d know God ordered images of the Cherubim to be made in Exodus, so is Moses am idol worshipper? Images in the Church are not graven images because they are to worshipped as gods. The Bible defines graven images as things taken as gods when they are not however both we Orthodox and Catholics recognize them as nothing more then simple objects or representations of real people. If we broke the first and second commandment for doing that, then the Muslims really must have annihilated it with the black stone. Since he mentions the Shahada as the first commandment I’d like to ask a questions to Yusuf Estes and all Muslims, where does The Biblical God reffer to himself as Allah as his personal name, if you don’t have that then you can’t even talk about the first commandment. Catholic converts to Islam sacrifice their lives to convert to Islam, first time I heard that, Catholics don’t murder apostates anymore however converts to Christianity like myself have to face death penalty for conversion to Islam. I’ve seen Imams, Sheikhs, ulema, Hafizis of the Quran, you name it risk their lives for Jesus Christ.
Back to Top
airmano View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 31 March 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 864
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2018 at 1:51pm
Yeah, 

had a good laugh watching it but after a couple of minutes it became boring.

Airmano
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
Back to Top
JerryMyers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 21 September 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 65
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JerryMyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 7:22am
That’s the funniest and saddest response I’ve ever heard coming from you too. Why ?? Well, let’s see what you said :

Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

the Roman Catholic Church didn’t come into the picture until about 600 years after Christ and after many splits with the one true Orthodox Church.


What does this tell us ? It tells us for certain Jesus Christ never started Christianity. In fact, Jesus NEVER knew what is a Christian or what is Christianity for that matter.

Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

Alexander the Great never reached Italy and he most certainly never even went to Rome in his lifetime.

So ??

Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

The birth date of Jesus was some time in the winter although the date is not specified


The Bible NEVER even indicated that Jesus was born ‘some time in the winter time’. In fact, Luke 2:8 clearly said the shepherds were out in the fields keeping watch of their flocks at the time Jesus was born. Well, shepherds never went out to the fields in winter times. So, who told you Jesus was born ‘some time in the winter time’ ??

Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

neither is December 25 the date of the birth of Mithras or Sol Invictus, you may check all historical records on Mithras or Sol Invictus none however show his birth being on December 25.


So said you. Fact is, Christian holidays are mostly influenced by pagans practices and Christmas is no difference – December 25 is highly connected with the sun-god, Mithras’ birth - https://owlcation.com/humanities/The-Pagan-Traditions-and-Elements-Within-Christianity
Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

As for images in the Church, if Yusuf Estes was infact a Catholic priest, he’d know God ordered images of the Cherubim to be made in Exodus, so is Moses am idol worshipper?


Cherubim are angels (or angel-like) who worship only the one and only God Almighty and no Christian, as far as I know, ever worship cherubim as God. In other words, graven images of cherubim are not images of God. Question is, don’t the Christians took Jesus as God ?? If so, then, images of Jesus in churches, homes, etc are direct violation of Commandment 1 and 2.

Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

Images in the Church are not graven images because they are to worshipped as gods. The Bible defines graven images as things taken as gods when they are not however both we Orthodox and Catholics recognize them as nothing more then simple objects or representations of real people. If we broke the first and second commandment for doing that, then the Muslims really must have annihilated it with the black stone.


If the graven images represent God, then, the Orthodox and Catholic Christians have broken the first and second commandments.
And the Muslims NEVER worship the Black Stone nor does the Black Stone represents God Almighty.

Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

Since he mentions the Shahada as the first commandment I’d like to ask a questions to Yusuf Estes and all Muslims, where does The Biblical God reffer to himself as Allah as his personal name, if you don’t have that then you can’t even talk about the first commandment.


You do realize "Allah" just means “THE God", and "elah" means ‘god’ and also the Arabic form of Hebrew/Aramaic "El"/"Eloi"?? In Mark 15:34, Jesus was said to cry out “Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?” which tells us that in the times of Jesus, ‘god/gods’ in Hebrew/Aramaic is ‘el/eloi’ and THE God, God Almighty is generally referred to as ‘Elohim’ or in the Arabic form, ‘Allah’. This is why Christian Arabs today still call God Almighty, Allah. So, it’s not about ‘where does The Biblical God refer to Himself as Allah as His personal name”, it’s about what language are you calling God Almighty in.

If you understand your Bible, God Almighty is not concern with His personal name and that’s why when Moses asked God Almighty what name should he tell his people if they ask him of Him, God told Moses to tell them that He will be what He will be/I am what I am. In other words, God was telling Moses to tell his people not to be concern over who He is as He is beyond the capability of the human mind to understand but just tell them He will be what He will be/I Am what I Am and that He’s the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Exodus 3:13-15). One thing I can tell you for certain, Jesus Christ is NOT God Almighty.

Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

Catholic converts to Islam sacrifice their lives to convert to Islam, first time I heard that, Catholics don’t murder apostates anymore however converts to Christianity like myself have to face death penalty for conversion to Islam. I’ve seen Imams, Sheikhs, ulema, Hafizis of the Quran, you name it risk their lives for Jesus Christ.


Yup, first time too I’ve heard ‘Imams, Sheikhs, ulema, Hafizis of the Quran, you name it risk their lives for Jesus Christ.’ Where have you seen that ???
Back to Top
Al Masihi View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 March 2018
Status: Offline
Points: 141
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Masihi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by JerryMyers JerryMyers wrote:

That’s the funniest and saddest response I’ve ever heard coming from you too. Why ?? Well, let’s see what you said :

Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

the Roman Catholic Church didn’t come into the picture until about 600 years after Christ and after many splits with the one true Orthodox Church.


What does this tell us ? It tells us for certain Jesus Christ never started Christianity. In fact, Jesus NEVER knew what is a Christian or what is Christianity for that matter.

Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

Alexander the Great never reached Italy and he most certainly never even went to Rome in his lifetime.

So ??

Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

The birth date of Jesus was some time in the winter although the date is not specified


The Bible NEVER even indicated that Jesus was born ‘some time in the winter time’. In fact, Luke 2:8 clearly said the shepherds were out in the fields keeping watch of their flocks at the time Jesus was born. Well, shepherds never went out to the fields in winter times. So, who told you Jesus was born ‘some time in the winter time’ ??

Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

neither is December 25 the date of the birth of Mithras or Sol Invictus, you may check all historical records on Mithras or Sol Invictus none however show his birth being on December 25.


So said you. Fact is, Christian holidays are mostly influenced by pagans practices and Christmas is no difference – December 25 is highly connected with the sun-god, Mithras’ birth - https://owlcation.com/humanities/The-Pagan-Traditions-and-Elements-Within-Christianity
Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

As for images in the Church, if Yusuf Estes was infact a Catholic priest, he’d know God ordered images of the Cherubim to be made in Exodus, so is Moses am idol worshipper?


Cherubim are angels (or angel-like) who worship only the one and only God Almighty and no Christian, as far as I know, ever worship cherubim as God. In other words, graven images of cherubim are not images of God. Question is, don’t the Christians took Jesus as God ?? If so, then, images of Jesus in churches, homes, etc are direct violation of Commandment 1 and 2.

Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

Images in the Church are not graven images because they are to worshipped as gods. The Bible defines graven images as things taken as gods when they are not however both we Orthodox and Catholics recognize them as nothing more then simple objects or representations of real people. If we broke the first and second commandment for doing that, then the Muslims really must have annihilated it with the black stone.


If the graven images represent God, then, the Orthodox and Catholic Christians have broken the first and second commandments.
And the Muslims NEVER worship the Black Stone nor does the Black Stone represents God Almighty.

Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

Since he mentions the Shahada as the first commandment I’d like to ask a questions to Yusuf Estes and all Muslims, where does The Biblical God reffer to himself as Allah as his personal name, if you don’t have that then you can’t even talk about the first commandment.


You do realize "Allah" just means “THE God", and "elah" means ‘god’ and also the Arabic form of Hebrew/Aramaic "El"/"Eloi"?? In Mark 15:34, Jesus was said to cry out “Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?” which tells us that in the times of Jesus, ‘god/gods’ in Hebrew/Aramaic is ‘el/eloi’ and THE God, God Almighty is generally referred to as ‘Elohim’ or in the Arabic form, ‘Allah’. This is why Christian Arabs today still call God Almighty, Allah. So, it’s not about ‘where does The Biblical God refer to Himself as Allah as His personal name”, it’s about what language are you calling God Almighty in.

If you understand your Bible, God Almighty is not concern with His personal name and that’s why when Moses asked God Almighty what name should he tell his people if they ask him of Him, God told Moses to tell them that He will be what He will be/I am what I am. In other words, God was telling Moses to tell his people not to be concern over who He is as He is beyond the capability of the human mind to understand but just tell them He will be what He will be/I Am what I Am and that He’s the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Exodus 3:13-15). One thing I can tell you for certain, Jesus Christ is NOT God Almighty.

[QUOTE=Al Masihi]Catholic converts to Islam sacrifice their lives to convert to Islam, first time I heard that, Catholics don’t murder apostates anymore however converts to Christianity like myself have to face death penalty for conversion to Islam. I’ve seen Imams, Sheikhs, ulema, Hafizis of the Quran, you name it risk their lives for Jesus Christ.

I’m middle eastern christian we only call God Allah because of arabization, Eloi is a generic term meaning god like the Arabic term اله. The problem with this argument is that the average low temperature in Bethlehem in December is in the low-to-mid-forties—the same as Jacksonville, Florida. Southern Israel's weather pattern in December is about 50-60 degrees. At night it will get down to about 43-45 degrees. Late December in reality is quite mild and a great opportunity for sheep herders to graze their flocks. The commands says not to make any graven images whether of anything in heaven or on Earth, which would include angels. However understanding the term graven image which is an image meant to be taken above God or as God which isn’t what Catholics or Orthodox do. There is no proof Mithras had any celebration occurring on December 25 occording to scholars of the religion of Mirthaism. Jesus merely called his followers his disciples, Christian means followers of the Messiah as in Arabic مسيحي. So even though Jesus never explicitly called his followers Christians they were always Christians as they were followers of the Messiah and Jesus called them his followers so he knew what was a Christian a follower of the Christos or Masih. Yusuf Estes is a comedian nothing more. As for Imams becoming Christian:

Preachers, Clerics, Scholars and Missionaries[edit]
Dr. Mustafa (now Dr. Mark Gabriel) - Former Muslim Imam, Ex-Professor in Al Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt (Most prestigious Islamic school of theology), and author of several well-known books discussing Islam.
Dr. Muhammed Rahoumy (now Dr. Samuel Paul) - Former Dean in Al Azhar Islamic University in Cairo Egypt.
El-Faqi - Ex-Imam and lawyer.
Hajji Husman Mohamed - Former Ethiopian Muslim Imam.
Hamran Ambrie - Indonesian Ex-Muslim cleric.
Mohammed Amin - Former Ethiopian Islamic cleric.
El-Akkad - Former Muslim preacher from Egypt.
Ak-Beket - Former Imam from Kazakhstan.
Mullah Assad Ullah - Former mullah from Afganistan.
Indonesian Imam who left Islam - Has led 3000 Muslims to Christ.
Fahmir - A Mullah started to preach the Gospel in Afghanistan.
Mischa - Mullah converts and becomes a church planter
Sudanese Muslim Imam - Converts to Christianity.
Rahman - Convert from Kosovo leads Mullah to Christ.
Imam - Decides to follow Christ after seeing Jesus film.
Mosque Teacher - Leaves Islam and launches Christian Radio Ministry.
Dr. Imad ud-Din Lahiz (Rev. Mawlawi) - Was a prolific Islamic Writer, Preacher, Qur'anic Translator.
Khalif Majid Hassan - Former Islamic preacher, and minister in the Nation of Islam.
Jeremiah Fard Muhammad - Muslim minister, now Christian evangelist.
Saleh Hussaini - Former Nigerian Muslim cleric.
Sam Solomon - Former Muslim scholar who trained in Shari'ah law for 15 years.
Yusuf Roni - Former Islamic Dawah Missionary, Islamic Youth Organization Chairman in Indonesia. Now a Christian preacher.
Jamal Zarka - Former Muslim Imam, Now Evangelist
Sheikh Mohamed Mansour - Prominent Egyptian Muslim Sheikh and Islamic Scholar.
Hamza - Former Islamic scholar.
Timothy Abraham - Former Muslim preacher and fundamentalist, now Christian Preacher.
Daniel Shayestah - Former Qur'anic teacher and scholar.
Ahmed Abdullahi - Former Muslim cleric.
Emmanuel (formerly Mohammed) - Former Muslim scholar.
Zak Gariba - Former Muslim Imam.
Mr. Moro S. Franci - Former Imam.
Mario Joseph (Moulvi Sulaiman) - Former Muslim cleric from India.
Back to Top
Al Masihi View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 March 2018
Status: Offline
Points: 141
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Masihi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 1:54pm
The article you posted doesn’t prove Christianity copied anything from paganism. The Virgin Mary and baby Jesus being compared to Isis and Horus is a fallacy since the stories of their pregnancy and birth of their children are completely diffferent. Healing water is common with all religions it doesn’t necessarily mean Christianity copied any of that from Pagan religions. December 25 was never a pagan celebration, even if it was a pagan celebration, the only way to prove Christians copied it from Paganism is if the Bible said he was born on December 25, while his birthday isn’t specifically stated. We Orthodox celebrate his birthday on the month of January.
Back to Top
JerryMyers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 21 September 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 65
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerryMyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2018 at 9:07am
My apologies, @Al Masihi, for totally missing your last 2 responses to me. I was just browsing thru some old postings and realized I did not respond to these postings of yours. I think we tend to miss some posters’ posting because the forum moderators’ validation for approvals sometimes take too long and by the time they are approved, we have a long list of new posts. Anyway, let’s go thru your comments :

Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

I’m middle eastern christian we only call God Allah because of arabization, Eloi is a generic term meaning god like the Arabic term اله. The problem with this argument is that the average low temperature in Bethlehem in December is in the low-to-mid-forties—the same as Jacksonville, Florida. Southern Israel's weather pattern in December is about 50-60 degrees. At night it will get down to about 43-45 degrees. Late December in reality is quite mild and a great opportunity for sheep herders to graze their flocks.


I am quite sure the December temperature in ancient-time Bethlehem or Jacksonville was much, much colder back then than it is today in the 21st Century. I am sure there's no such thing as Global warming back then. It’s long been accepted, even by Biblical scholars, that “this would be an unlikely practice in the month of December, for the weather conditions would be too cold to live outside or tend to a flock of sheep”.
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Pagan_Beliefs_Surrounding_Christmas/The_Date_Jesus_was_Born

Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

The commands says not to make any graven images whether of anything in heaven or on Earth, which would include angels. However understanding the term graven image which is an image meant to be taken above God or as God which isn’t what Catholics or Orthodox do.


Well, the Command CLEARLY said “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below”, meaning if you make yourself an image of anything/anyone that resembled anything in heaven, earth or sea, you would have sin against God.

Secondly, the Command CLEARLY said “You shall not bow down to them or worship them”, meaning, if do make these images, you should not bow down to them and worship them. If you do, then, you would have sin TWICE against God.

So, even if you said Catholics and Orthodox do not worship or take these images above God, you would still have sin and have gone against God because you have made images that resembled something or someone in heaven, earth or sea.

Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

There is no proof Mithras had any celebration occurring on December 25 occording to scholars of the religion of Mirthaism.


You mean, just as there is no proof that Jesus was born December 25, but that don’t stop the Christians from celebrating his birthday on that day. Why ??

Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

Jesus merely called his followers his disciples, Christian means followers of the Messiah as in Arabic مسيحي. So even though Jesus never explicitly called his followers Christians they were always Christians as they were followers of the Messiah and Jesus called them his followers so he knew what was a Christian a follower of the Christos or Masih.


Not really. Jesus NEVER KNEW or EVER HEARD OF THE TERM ‘Christian’ in his life and that’s why he NEVER called his followers ‘Christians’. According to the Bible, Christians were those who studied under Paul and Barnabas in Antioch (Acts 11:25-26). So, it was Paul and/or Barnabas who coined up the term ‘Christian’, NOT Jesus.

Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

Yusuf Estes is a comedian nothing more.


Hmmm, I do admit Yusuf Estes have a great sense of humor, but, to call him a comedian ?? Well, after reading your postings in this forum, I think you are the real comedian here no less.

Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

As for Imams becoming Christian:

Preachers, Clerics, Scholars and Missionaries[edit]
Dr. Mustafa (now Dr. Mark Gabriel) - Former Muslim Imam, Ex-Professor in Al Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt (Most prestigious Islamic school of theology), and author of several well-known books discussing Islam.
Dr. Muhammed Rahoumy (now Dr. Samuel Paul) - Former Dean in Al Azhar Islamic University in Cairo Egypt.
El-Faqi - Ex-Imam and lawyer.
Hajji Husman Mohamed - Former Ethiopian Muslim Imam.
Hamran Ambrie - Indonesian Ex-Muslim cleric.
Mohammed Amin - Former Ethiopian Islamic cleric.
El-Akkad - Former Muslim preacher from Egypt.
Ak-Beket - Former Imam from Kazakhstan.
Mullah Assad Ullah - Former mullah from Afganistan.
Indonesian Imam who left Islam - Has led 3000 Muslims to Christ.
Fahmir - A Mullah started to preach the Gospel in Afghanistan.
Mischa - Mullah converts and becomes a church planter
Sudanese Muslim Imam - Converts to Christianity.
Rahman - Convert from Kosovo leads Mullah to Christ.
Imam - Decides to follow Christ after seeing Jesus film.
Mosque Teacher - Leaves Islam and launches Christian Radio Ministry.
Dr. Imad ud-Din Lahiz (Rev. Mawlawi) - Was a prolific Islamic Writer, Preacher, Qur'anic Translator.
Khalif Majid Hassan - Former Islamic preacher, and minister in the Nation of Islam.
Jeremiah Fard Muhammad - Muslim minister, now Christian evangelist.
Saleh Hussaini - Former Nigerian Muslim cleric.
Sam Solomon - Former Muslim scholar who trained in Shari'ah law for 15 years.
Yusuf Roni - Former Islamic Dawah Missionary, Islamic Youth Organization Chairman in Indonesia. Now a Christian preacher.
Jamal Zarka - Former Muslim Imam, Now Evangelist
Sheikh Mohamed Mansour - Prominent Egyptian Muslim Sheikh and Islamic Scholar.
Hamza - Former Islamic scholar.
Timothy Abraham - Former Muslim preacher and fundamentalist, now Christian Preacher.
Daniel Shayestah - Former Qur'anic teacher and scholar.
Ahmed Abdullahi - Former Muslim cleric.
Emmanuel (formerly Mohammed) - Former Muslim scholar.
Zak Gariba - Former Muslim Imam.
Mr. Moro S. Franci - Former Imam.
Mario Joseph (Moulvi Sulaiman) - Former Muslim cleric from India.


I can bet that these personalities came from a harsh society and thus, they viewed the harshness of their society as a testimony to the faith of that society which they were born into. They can be Imams, Quranic teachers or with other religious tittles, BUT, if your heart is not truly with God Almighty, then, your decisions, your choices will not be guided by the Spirit of God, but will be easily inspired by Satan. It’s the same how today we see popes, priests, clergymen, etc, got involved in sexual crimes – their hearts are not with God too, altho’ their tittles suggest otherwise. I guess that’s why Jesus said “only the one who does the Will of the Father (God Almighty will enter the kingdom of heaven” – Matthew 7:21.

Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

The article you posted doesn’t prove Christianity copied anything from paganism. The Virgin Mary and baby Jesus being compared to Isis and Horus is a fallacy since the stories of their pregnancy and birth of their children are completely diffferent. Healing water is common with all religions it doesn’t necessarily mean Christianity copied any of that from Pagan religions. December 25 was never a pagan celebration, even if it was a pagan celebration, the only way to prove Christians copied it from Paganism is if the Bible said he was born on December 25, while his birthday isn’t specifically stated. We Orthodox celebrate his birthday on the month of January.


So, since the date or month of Jesus' birth is not in the Bible, so where does this idea that Jesus was born on December 25 or in the month of January as celebrated by the Orthodox really came from ??
Back to Top
Al Masihi View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 March 2018
Status: Offline
Points: 141
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Masihi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2018 at 11:59am
This was only 2000 years ago, the temperature hasn’t changed much since then. Flocks were kept outside during winter since there was no large indoor spaces to keep them in back then. Again you repeat a common allegation made by Protestants, the next verses in exodus shows God telling to make images on the Ark. Also it means Graven images not images of any kind, graven images are images worshipped above God. If this passage were taken in your interpretation God would have contradicted himself in the next few verses by telling Moses to make images on the Ark. As for Pagan origins of Christmas the only way we can prove that is to find mention of a pagan deity that came before Christianity which had its celebration on December 25 so far the pre Christian birthday of Mithras and Sol Invictus has been unknown. Second, although most Christians today celebrate Christ’s birth on December 25, this was not the only date proposed. Biblical scholars tend to have varying opinions so you can’t base a claim based on authority alone. Around A.D. 194, Clement of Alexandria stated Christ was born November 18. Other early proposals included January 10, April 19 or 20, and May 20 (Jack Finegan, Handbook of Biblical Chronology, 2nd ed., §488, §553). By far the most common proposals, however, were January 6 (ibid., §§554–61) and December 25 (ibid., §§562–68). There are also a few answers here:

https://www.catholic.com/magazine/online-edition/why-december-25

Biblical chronologer Jack Finegan writes:

William Hendriksen quotes a letter dated Jan. 16, 1967, received from the New Testament scholar Harry Mulder, then teaching in Beirut, in which the latter tells of being in Shepherd Field at Bethlehem on the just-passed Christmas Eve, and says: “Right near us a few flocks of sheep were nestled. Even the lambs were not lacking. . . . It is therefore definitely not impossible that the Lord Jesus was born in December” [Jack Finnegan, Handbook of Biblical Chronology (2nd ed.), no. 569, quoting Hendriksen, New Testament Commentary: Matthew (Grand Rapids: Baker, 1973), 1:182].


The month of January or December or something along the same lines was something proposed and early adopted by the early Church. Christian literally means follower of the Christ and since the followers of Jesus were called his disciples, Jesus knew what it meant. Further more No one is *absolutely * sure when His birth was. HOWEVER, St. Augustine wrote in the 4th century that the celebration of St. John the Baptist’s birthday (on June 24th) was already a long standing tradition during his time. Then, referencing the beginning of Luke’s Gospel, which states that John the Baptist and Jesus had an age difference of 6 months. As for converts to Christianity from Islam, their reasons for conversion are there own, I was just posting it to prove converts to a religion who had a high title in their previous faiths don’t prove the absolute truth of their new faith.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd.