IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marrying into a Family who don't Fast Ramadan  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marrying into a Family who don't Fast Ramadan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MASH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marrying into a Family who don't Fast Ramadan
    Posted: 31 May 2018 at 9:37am
Hi,

I'm a Muslim woman who is soon to be Married to a Muslim Man.

During this Ramadan, I've realised that his family don't actively participate in Ramadan, as in they don't fast, or I feel don't make the effort to try.

I've been fasting Alhamduliliah since I was 8 years old (now 27). My soon to be husband is also fasting, and fasted Last year for which he told me that it was the longest he had ever fasted Ramadan, his excuses were Work being stressful etc, but last year and this year he has fasted longer than he has ever done.

I am not happy about the fact that his family don't actively participate in Ramadan, as for me it's very important. Do you think it's something I should be worrying about? Or should I just worry about myself and my furture husband fasting and leave his family to do what they want?

I'm confused as to how I should feel about this.

Thanks in advance

M
Muslimah82 View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslimah82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 7:14am
Assalam walaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu. I can understand how your future husband's family not fasting nor observing Ramadan is upsetting to you. However, as he is finally fasting, then you should be okay with that. If you are satisfied with him, then forget his family and go ahead with the marriage. You can't expect every Muslim family to be perfect and full of practing believers. Perhaps you are the catalyst The Creator chose for them to become fully observant Muslims. Give them books and videos on the importance of fasting and talk to your future husband about it. In the end, you are only responsible for yourself and any children you may have.   
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2018 at 1:45pm
Wa alaikum Salam,
You are not responsible for the words and deeds of his family.

Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
alexmerchant View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexmerchant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 2:30am
You should only care for yourself and your husband to be. His family is not actually your responsibility. Although you can preach them only, yet the decision is their own. You cannot force anyone for anything.
RobertGreenez View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertGreenez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 3:37am
Obviously you must worrying about this reality fact, being a Muslim you should confirm that your future husband fasting in the month of Ramadan or not and don't sacrifice with this terms and conditions that his family what they want,what they do.You must choose your partner who fasting in the month of Ramadan.Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic