IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Visiting Muslim Country  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visiting Muslim Country

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zakeria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visiting Muslim Country
    Posted: 22 May 2018 at 4:00pm
Asalamu Alaykum,
My family and I are living in Canada right now and we are expecting tso visit Somalia this summer. I've been getting ready and getting my courses all sorted out for this summer. My Dad just told md that he spoke with his sibling in Somalia, and realized that if we come, everyone around us are going to ask for money. My Dad felt scared of going, so he's thinking about cancelling our trip. Even though, we all know that going to Somalia is crucial for my siblings and I because we were raised outside our home. We barely know our culture, even our own language. I feel disappointed for my brothers and sisters in Somalia, but yet determined to do something about it, but i dont know what right now. Please I need any help that could be useful in this situation.
Jazak allahu khayran.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 10:55pm
Wa alaikum salam.
Perhaps that's not the exactly what will happen.
Sometime we just generalize things. Let say that's happen, you just need to say you don't have money to spare, they will not force you or anything.
Moreover we as Muslim we  should not prejudice.
So in my opinion yes you guys should go, so you can see other world, you see how blessed you are compare many other people out there. Hopefully youl be more thank full to God, and more compassionate.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic