IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Thoughts on Islamic education  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoughts on Islamic education

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilal1116 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thoughts on Islamic education
    Posted: 15 May 2018 at 10:21pm
Happy Ramadan brothers,

I’ve been feeling this way for many years now, and my friend feels the same: Islamic leaders, Imams, teachers, etc focus too much on the specifics. How your hands are angled when praying. How your toes go in certain positions. How you can only eat with your right hand instead of your left. How this is halal, but add x and it’s haram. This very specific thing is HARAM! “Hey, you didn’t pronounce that with the right tone. Why did you break the fast with an apple and not a date, don’t you know it’s sunnah? Astarghfilallah! Don’t do X, it’s forbidden!”. They focus on these unimportant details instead of actual faith, and it’s borderline revolting and makes me want to stop listening to this. I feel as if every little detail doesn’t have to be down to a tee as long as your intentions are good and you’re a good person. Thoughts?
Hopefully the mods don’t remove this post again for 0 reason and with 0 response when asked why.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic