IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Working with a music company as software developer  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Working with a music company as software developer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btistaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Working with a music company as software developer
    Posted: 12 May 2018 at 9:33am
AoA, I am working on a music platform where people can upload their audio music files and share with their friends. Or organize the music for themselves to listen. It's mostly tunes, not proper songs with lyrics.
So my main role is of a developer and manager to make sure all other developers are working and coding properly. I am related to the development field. I am working and I am getting paid for that. I have employees as well who are getting paid by this mean. I pay them. 

The company is of non-Muslims and is in USA I am supposed to go there to do a contract with them properly for the development work. They have spent money on bringing me there etc etc. And if I leave suddenly it will become a huge problem for them as I have done commitments with them. Moreover, from what I get paid from them I pay to my employees and I have contracts with my employees that I cannot fire them without letting them know a month before firing. 

So basically my field is a technical field and I am not related to any kind of music production thing. I just have to develop and maintain the platform. 

I want to know that either this income is halal or haram. Please elaborate properly. 
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:50am
Music in my opinion based on the Quran and sunnah cannot be declared haram. If the music is promoting profanity, nudity, and defiance of Allah through lyrics, than it is not allowed. But the music that soothes the soul and uplift human spirit and connect people to the divinely created world is not considered haram. 

Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
CarolineMay View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male Ortodox
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarolineMay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2021 at 4:19pm
You work in a really interesting organization. I wish I could get a similar job. Do you think I can still find a similar workplace?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic