IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Medication  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Medication

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Medication
    Posted: 07 May 2018 at 11:27pm
Good day Dr Aslam

I trust this finds you well.
I am newly reverted to Islam and am unsure of many things. I get most of my information on Islam from the internet, though I have been told it's not a good source.

My question is with regard to the use of medication. I am struggling very badly with Hypothyroidism. I have been told that my body does not convert the T4 into the much needed T3. Different medication is thus needed.

NDT's are supposed to be very effective in treatment.
I would like to know the acceptibility of using such medication as I do not want to go against religion.

Could you kindly inform me on what will be correct?
Regards
Cammy
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 9:38pm
salam,
If medical experts have suggested a medicine to cure your situation, then you accept that because you should take care of your conditions without any hesitation and delay. Just check with them if there is a better alternative available.
Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
Cammy View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 11:48am
Salam Dr Aslam
Thank you for your reply.

The medication needed is made from pig's thyroid gland. The bovine medication are said to not be so successful and higher dosages are needed.

Would it still be allowed?
Regards
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 3:32pm
If the medicine is working and doctors have advised that and there is no alternative, then Allah is all knowing and all aware.

Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
Cammy View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 11:50am
Good day Dr Aslam

Thank you very much for the guidance and assistance provided. I appreciate it. May Allah bless you.

Regards
C
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic