IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What Quran tells about Religion of Ibraham  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What Quran tells about Religion of Ibraham

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Masihi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 11:01pm
Wrong Zoroastrianism is considered Monotheistic so is Hinduism in a way, yet all are pagan religions. Yeah I’ve researched all Islamic claims of Christianity habeing pagan roots in my days as a Muslim, I challenge you to bring me proofs of paganism that I cannot refute. Baha’i and Mani submitted to the will to Hod weren’t they Muslims? Islam doesn’t mean total submission to God, the only way to actually enter Islam is not to just swear God is one, but also swear mohammed is his prophet. To enter Islam you cannot just swear God is one without swearing Mohammed’s prophethood. Not to mention you mention his name in every prayer and have to continuously say peace be upon him when ever his name is mentioned. Jesus did the will of the God the Father not a pagan god of Arabia. On the contrary the name matters since all the prophets were Muslims, I’ll now ask for historical proof that Islam isn’t just Judeo-Christian mythology mixed with pagan practices and Zoroastrian theology, also the Quran mentions the prophets were Muslims and said la ilah ila Allah and were Muslims, the website of Osama Abdullah also says the prophets preached in Arabic. Can you give me verses in the Bible where the prophets were saying la ilah ila Allah wa Mohammed rasul Allah in those clear words, since your saying they were Muslims and Muslims usually always say these words, and your talking about the prophets so if this is what they were preaching then why is there no mention of it until an Arab pagan comes way after and claims prophethood?
Peace maker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 11:12am
Originally posted by JerryMyers JerryMyers wrote:

Originally posted by Peace maker Peace maker wrote:

Let me help you out here Abram did not have a religion he had a relationship with God.
If Abram was a muslim then all the jews must be muslims and Isreal been an islamic state, and the world would have already been dominated by muslims then there wouldn't be the need of any other prophet after Abram.

You are right – there’s no such thing as ‘a religion’ or ‘a Muslim’ or ‘a Christian’ in the time of Abraham or Jesus – what they had was a relationship with God.

However, Islam by definition means submission to the Will of God and a Muslim is one who do and submit to the Will of God. In other words, the name does not define who you are, BUT, the action does. So when Jesus said “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven” – Matthew 7:21, he’s actually saying only the Muslims (those who do the Will of God) will enter the kingdom of heaven.

Did Abraham and Jesus do and submit themselves to the Will of God ? Yes, they did, so, by definition, they are Muslims.

Well then Muhammad didn't hear that Christians,Jews.Nabteans and Sabaens said to him that were already muslims.

He don't have to hear from them – he knows those who believe in the true oneness of God and do/submit to the Will of God are Muslims.

I thought Muhammad was thee founder of islam sorry.
asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 6:36pm

Let me help you out here Abram did not have a religion he had a relationship with God.
If Abram was a muslim then all the jews must be muslims and Isreal been an islamic state, and the world would have already been dominated by muslims then there wouldn't be the need of any other prophet after Abram.

You are right – there’s no such thing as ‘a religion’ or ‘a Muslim’ or ‘a Christian’ in the time of Abraham or Jesus – what they had was a relationship with God.

However, Islam by definition means submission to the Will of God and a Muslim is one who do and submit to the Will of God. In other words, the name does not define who you are, BUT, the action does. So when Jesus said “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven” – Matthew 7:21, he’s actually saying only the Muslims (those who do the Will of God) will enter the kingdom of heaven.

Did Abraham and Jesus do and submit themselves to the Will of God ? Yes, they did, so, by definition, they are Muslims.

Well then Muhammad didn't hear that Christians,Jews.Nabteans and Sabaens said to him that were already muslims.

He don't have to hear from them – he knows those who believe in the true oneness of God and do/submit to the Will of God are Muslims.

Prophet Muhammad is not the founder of Islam, but he is the recipient of the teachings of Islam (the Tawheed religion) ie worship only to one God, just as the religion was given to all Prophets before.

إِنَّ هٰذِهِۦٓ �£ُمَّتُكُمْ �£ُمَّةً وٰحِدَةً وَ�£َنَا۠ رَبُّكُمْ فَاعْبُدُونِ ﴿ال�£نبياء:٩٢

“Verily, this Tauheed religion is one religion, and I am your Lord, so worship Me (Alone). – (Al Anbiya 21:92)

وَمَآ �£َرْسَلْنَا مِن قَبْلِكَ مِن رَّسُولٍ إِلَّا نُوحِىٓ إِلَيْهِ �£َنَّهُۥ لَآ إِلٰهَ إِلَّآ �£َنَا۠ فَاعْبُدُونِ ﴿ال�£نبياء:٢٥

“And We did not send any Messenger before you (O Muhammad), but We revealed to him: La ilaha illa ana (none has the right to be worshipped but I (Allah), so worship Me (Alone and none else).” (Al Anbiya 21:25)

The word 'Islam' comes from the word "Aslama" which is surrendered to Allah, and from the word Salima "that is to obtain salvation from Allah. Thus Islam implies surrender to Allah, and who is worshiped only Allah in order to obtain salvation, both in the world and in the hereafter. And those who practice Islam are called Muslims or people of Islam. Here is some evidence that the Prophets were Muslims:

Prophet Ibrahim and Prophet Ya'qub.

وَوَصَّىٰ بِهَآ إِبْرٰهِيْمُ بَنِيهِ وَيَعْقُوبُ يٰبَنِىَّ إِنَّ اللهَ اصْطَفَىٰ لَكُمُ الدِّينَ فَلَا تَمُوتُنَّ إِلَّا وَ�£َنتُم مُّسْلِمُونَ :١�£٢

“And this (submission to Allah, Islam) was enjoined by Ibrahim (Abraham) upon his sons and by Ya’qub (Jacob) (saying: ‘O my sons! Allah has chosen for you the true religion, then die not except in the Faith of Islam.” (Al Baqarah 2:132)

Prophet Noah has asked his people to become Muslims, here is the authentic proof.

فَإِن تَوَلَّيْتُمْ فَمَا سَ�£َلْتُكُم مِّنْ �£َجْرٍ ۖ إِنْ �£َجْرِىَ إِلَّا عَلَى اللهِ ۖ وَ�£ُمِرْتُ �£َنْ �£َكُونَ مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ ﴿يونس:٧٢

“But if you turn away from accepting my doctrine of Islamic Monotheism, then no reward have I asked of you, my reward is only from Allah, and I have been commanded to be of the Muslims.” (Yunus 10:72)

Prophet Moses:

وَقَالَ مُوسَىٰ يٰقَوْمِ إِن كُنتُمْ ءَامَنتُم بِاللهِ فَعَلَيْهِ تَوَكَّلُوٓا۟ إِن كُنتُم مُّسْلِمِينَ ﴿يونس:٨٤

“And Moses said: O my people! If you have believed in Allah, then put your trust in Him if you are Muslims.”

(Yunus 10:84)

Prophet Isa (Jesus):

وَقَالَ الْمَسِيحُ يٰبَنِىٓ إِسْرٰٓءِيلَ اعْبُدُوا۟ اللهَ رَبِّى وَرَبَّكُمْ ۖ إِنَّهُۥ مَن يُشْرِكْ بِاللهِ فَقَدْ حَرَّمَ اللهُ عَلَيْهِ الْجَنَّةَ وَمَ�£ْوَىٰهُ النَّارُ ۖ وَمَا لِلظّٰلِمِينَ مِنْ �£َنصَارٍ ﴿المائدة:٧٢

“And Jesus said: ‘O Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.’ Verily, whosoever sets up partners in worship with Allah, the Allah has forbidden Paradise to him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the wrong-doers there are no helpers.” (Al Maidah 5:72)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 5:32am
Originally posted by asep garut asep garut wrote:

Prophet Muhammad is not the founder of Islam, but he is the recipient of the teachings of Islam (the Tawheed religion) ie worship only to one God, just as the religion was given to all Prophets before.

إِنَّ هٰذِهِۦٓ �£ُمَّتُكُمْ �£ُمَّةً وٰحِدَةً وَ�£َنَا۠ رَبُّكُمْ فَاعْبُدُونِ ﴿ال�£نبياء:٩٢

“Verily, this Tauheed religion is one religion, and I am your Lord, so worship Me (Alone). – (Al Anbiya 21:92)

وَمَآ �£َرْسَلْنَا مِن قَبْلِكَ مِن رَّسُولٍ إِلَّا نُوحِىٓ إِلَيْهِ �£َنَّهُۥ لَآ إِلٰهَ إِلَّآ �£َنَا۠ فَاعْبُدُونِ ﴿ال�£نبياء:٢٥

“And We did not send any Messenger before you (O Muhammad), but We revealed to him: La ilaha illa ana (none has the right to be worshipped but I (Allah), so worship Me (Alone and none else).” (Al Anbiya 21:25)

The word 'Islam' comes from the word "Aslama" which is surrendered to Allah, and from the word Salima "that is to obtain salvation from Allah. Thus Islam implies surrender to Allah, and who is worshiped only Allah in order to obtain salvation, both in the world and in the hereafter. And those who practice Islam are called Muslims or people of Islam. Here is some evidence that the Prophets were Muslims:

Prophet Ibrahim and Prophet Ya'qub.

وَوَصَّىٰ بِهَآ إِبْرٰهِيْمُ بَنِيهِ وَيَعْقُوبُ يٰبَنِىَّ إِنَّ اللهَ اصْطَفَىٰ لَكُمُ الدِّينَ فَلَا تَمُوتُنَّ إِلَّا وَ�£َنتُم مُّسْلِمُونَ :١�£٢

“And this (submission to Allah, Islam) was enjoined by Ibrahim (Abraham) upon his sons and by Ya’qub (Jacob) (saying: ‘O my sons! Allah has chosen for you the true religion, then die not except in the Faith of Islam.” (Al Baqarah 2:132)

Prophet Noah has asked his people to become Muslims, here is the authentic proof.

فَإِن تَوَلَّيْتُمْ فَمَا سَ�£َلْتُكُم مِّنْ �£َجْرٍ ۖ إِنْ �£َجْرِىَ إِلَّا عَلَى اللهِ ۖ وَ�£ُمِرْتُ �£َنْ �£َكُونَ مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ ﴿يونس:٧٢

“But if you turn away from accepting my doctrine of Islamic Monotheism, then no reward have I asked of you, my reward is only from Allah, and I have been commanded to be of the Muslims.” (Yunus 10:72)

Prophet Moses:

وَقَالَ مُوسَىٰ يٰقَوْمِ إِن كُنتُمْ ءَامَنتُم بِاللهِ فَعَلَيْهِ تَوَكَّلُوٓا۟ إِن كُنتُم مُّسْلِمِينَ ﴿يونس:٨٤

“And Moses said: O my people! If you have believed in Allah, then put your trust in Him if you are Muslims.”

(Yunus 10:84)

Prophet Isa (Jesus):

وَقَالَ الْمَسِيحُ يٰبَنِىٓ إِسْرٰٓءِيلَ اعْبُدُوا۟ اللهَ رَبِّى وَرَبَّكُمْ ۖ إِنَّهُۥ مَن يُشْرِكْ بِاللهِ فَقَدْ حَرَّمَ اللهُ عَلَيْهِ الْجَنَّةَ وَمَ�£ْوَىٰهُ النَّارُ ۖ وَمَا لِلظّٰلِمِينَ مِنْ �£َنصَارٍ ﴿المائدة:٧٢

“And Jesus said: ‘O Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.’ Verily, whosoever sets up partners in worship with Allah, the Allah has forbidden Paradise to him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the wrong-doers there are no helpers.” (Al Maidah 5:72)

You said

Who was then the first muslim or first muslim Prophet if Muhammad wasn't the founder of Islam.
Was Adam the first muslim?

According to several passages in the Quran, Muhammad was the first Muslim.

Say: Shall I choose for a protecting friend other than Allah, the Originator of the heavens and the earth, Who feedeth and is never fed? Say: I am ordered to be the first to surrender [aslama] (unto Him). And be not thou (O Muhammad) of the idolaters. S. 6:14 Pickthall

Say, verily my Lord hath directed me into a right way, a true religion, the sect of Abraham the orthodox; and he was no idolater. Say, verily my prayers, and my worship, and my life, and my death are dedicated unto God, the Lord of all creatures: He hath no companion. This have I been commanded: I am the first Moslem (Wa 'Ana 'Awwalu Al-Muslimin). S. 6:161-163 Sale

He hath no associate. This am I commanded, and I am the first of the Muslims. S. 6:163

This is contradicted by both the Quran and various Islamic traditions which refer to the presence of true believers both before and during Muhammad’s alleged "call" to prophethood. The Quran mentions that Adam, Noah, the Patriarchs, the twelve tribes of Israel, Moses, Jesus etc., were all believers and many of them even messengers who lived a long time before Muhammad:

asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2018 at 1:59pm

[QUOTE=asep garut][QUOTE=Peace maker][QUOTE=JerryMyers]

Sorry, I just can reply because of busyness in the month of Ramadan.

I say once again that Prophet Muhammad was not the first inventor and founder of Islam.

In this case you must know and understand what is the meaning of the word Islam?

The word 'Islam' is derived from the word "Aslama" which is surrendered to Allah, and from the word "Salima" is to obtain salvation from Allah. Thus Islam implies:

Submission to Allah, and worship only to Allah in order to obtain salvation from Him.

And those who practice Islamic sharia are called "Muslims"

From the Prophet Adam to the Prophet Muhammad, they were the messengers of Allah who invite his people to Allah and surrender only to Allah. (Quran 21:92)

Truly! This Tauheed religion (Islamic Monotheism) is the religion of your ummah (followers), the one religion, and I am your Lord, therefore worship Me.”

Here are some evidence that the Prophets were people who submitted to Allah (Muslim):

Prophet Noah, he has invited his people to be Muslims, (Quran 10:72)

“But if you turn away (from accepting my doctrine of Islamic Monotheism, i.e. to worship none but Allah), then no reward have I asked of you, my reward is only from Allah, and I have been commanded to be of the Muslims (i.e. those who submit to Allah’s Will).”

Prophet Abraham and Prophet Jacob. (Quran 2:132)

And this submission to Allah (Islam) was enjoined by Ibrahim (Abraham) upon his sons and by Ya’qub (Jacob) saying: ‘O my sons! Allah has chosen for you the true religion, then die not except in the Faith of Islam’.”

Prophet Ibrahim is known as the father of the Prophets, automatically, his 'Tauheed' will also followed by the next Prophets.

Prophet Musa (Moses). (Quran 10:84)

“And Musa (Moses) said: ’O my people! If you have believed in Allah, then put your trust in Him if you are Muslims’.”

Prophet Isa (Jesus). (Quran 5:72)

“....But the Messiah Isa (Jesus) said: ‘ O Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Verily, whosoever sets up partners (in worship) with Allah, then Allah has forbidden Paradise to him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the wrong-doers there are no helpers’.”

In conclusion, all the Prophets are those who submit to Allah and who are worshiped only Allah, means they are Muslims.

That's all my belief in the Qur'an, anyone can have other opinion, therefore, one's faith should not be forced because only Allah who has the “Hidayah" (Guidance).

My principle in religion is, firstly I must understand the Quran to always follow the truth from Allah. (6:153)

“And verily, this Quran is My Straight Path, so follow it, and follow not other paths, for there will separate you away from His Path. This He has ordained for you that you may become Al-Muttaqun (the pious).”

The Quran 39:9

“.....say: ‘Are those who know equal to those who know not? verily, only those who have common sense are willing to accept the lesson (get lesson from Allah’s Signs and Verses of the Quran).”

So, Prophet Muhammad is not a liar.

ajzhyder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajzhyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2018 at 8:38pm
Allah ask Mohammad to say :

46:9  Say (O' Mohammad) "I am no bringer of new doctrine among the Messengers, nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I follow but that which is revealed to me by inspiration; I am but a Warner open and clear."

When the Ayats/signs of God,  comes to one and he believes and submits to them without hesitation, then he becomes the first to submit/become muslim to these Ayas/signs and this process keeps on repeating in all times.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by asep garut asep garut wrote:

[QUOTE=asep garut][QUOTE=Peace maker][QUOTE=JerryMyers]

Sorry, I just can reply because of busyness in the month of Ramadan.

I say once again that Prophet Muhammad was not the first inventor and founder of Islam.

In this case you must know and understand what is the meaning of the word Islam?

The word 'Islam' is derived from the word "Aslama" which is surrendered to Allah, and from the word "Salima" is to obtain salvation from Allah. Thus Islam implies:

Submission to Allah, and worship only to Allah in order to obtain salvation from Him.

And those who practice Islamic sharia are called "Muslims"

From the Prophet Adam to the Prophet Muhammad, they were the messengers of Allah who invite his people to Allah and surrender only to Allah. (Quran 21:92)

Truly! This Tauheed religion (Islamic Monotheism) is the religion of your ummah (followers), the one religion, and I am your Lord, therefore worship Me.”

Here are some evidence that the Prophets were people who submitted to Allah (Muslim):

Prophet Noah, he has invited his people to be Muslims, (Quran 10:72)

“But if you turn away (from accepting my doctrine of Islamic Monotheism, i.e. to worship none but Allah), then no reward have I asked of you, my reward is only from Allah, and I have been commanded to be of the Muslims (i.e. those who submit to Allah’s Will).”

Prophet Abraham and Prophet Jacob. (Quran 2:132)

And this submission to Allah (Islam) was enjoined by Ibrahim (Abraham) upon his sons and by Ya’qub (Jacob) saying: ‘O my sons! Allah has chosen for you the true religion, then die not except in the Faith of Islam’.”

Prophet Ibrahim is known as the father of the Prophets, automatically, his 'Tauheed' will also followed by the next Prophets.

Prophet Musa (Moses). (Quran 10:84)

“And Musa (Moses) said: ’O my people! If you have believed in Allah, then put your trust in Him if you are Muslims’.”

Prophet Isa (Jesus). (Quran 5:72)

“....But the Messiah Isa (Jesus) said: ‘ O Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Verily, whosoever sets up partners (in worship) with Allah, then Allah has forbidden Paradise to him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the wrong-doers there are no helpers’.”

In conclusion, all the Prophets are those who submit to Allah and who are worshiped only Allah, means they are Muslims.

That's all my belief in the Qur'an, anyone can have other opinion, therefore, one's faith should not be forced because only Allah who has the “Hidayah" (Guidance).

My principle in religion is, firstly I must understand the Quran to always follow the truth from Allah. (6:153)

“And verily, this Quran is My Straight Path, so follow it, and follow not other paths, for there will separate you away from His Path. This He has ordained for you that you may become Al-Muttaqun (the pious).”

The Quran 39:9

“.....say: ‘Are those who know equal to those who know not? verily, only those who have common sense are willing to accept the lesson (get lesson from Allah’s Signs and Verses of the Quran).”

So, Prophet Muhammad is not a liar.

Let me remind you the Quran was revealed in the month of ramadan which was already a well established pagan ritual long before Muhammad's time which he incorparated into islam to make it a holy so called godly practise what he have stolen from the pagans.
The rest is not God's word a k a Allah.
The Quran is not the truth of Allah or any god, but it was only from Muhammad.
No Angel of God would dare to start a new religion after Jesus except the Satan.
JerryMyers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerryMyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 7:00am

Let me remind you the Quran was revealed in the month of ramadan which was already a well established pagan ritual long before Muhammad's time which he incorparated into islam to make it a holy so called godly practise what he have stolen from the pagans.
The rest is not God's word a k a Allah.
The Quran is not the truth of Allah or any god, but it was only from Muhammad.
No Angel of God would dare to start a new religion after Jesus except the Satan.

What makes you think Islam is a new religion ?? Can you prove the basic teaching of Jesus (or the prophets before him) are different from Islam ?? Did Jesus preach that God Almighty is a ‘3-in-1’ God ?? Did Jesus (or the prophets before him) preach the concept of original sin ??
If Jesus and none of the prophets before him ever preached a ‘3-in-1’ God nor did they preach the concept of original sin, then, it’s clear that whoever started Christianity was inspired by Satan whose main objective is to draw mankind away from God Almighty and in Christianity, Satan succeeded in doing just that as billions of Christians took Jesus Christ as their savior when they should turn to God Almighty as their only sole savior – “I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from Me there is no savior” – Isaiah 43:11
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
  Share Topic