IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - xhxcfyhv  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

xhxcfyhv

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: xhxcfyhv
    Posted: 20 April 2018 at 10:41am
xttudkfhgu
Muslimah82 View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslimah82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 11:06pm
Assalam walaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu, sister. It's your right to get married. Alhamdulillah you have found the right man to marry. Please go to your local masjid and talk to the imam to see if he can serve as your wali as your father is not a practicing Muslim. Don't let your disturbed mother's pride get in the way of your marrying the man you love and who has blessed you with his presence and better undestanding of the Deen. Please don't think about your messed up and misguided family. Avoid fitnah and get married right away.

Many years ago, I didn't marry the guy my father wanted me to marry nor will I marry any guy from our country of origin. Now I am 35 and I will marry the man I like insha Allah. He has some bad habits such as smoking but I will try to help him overcome it. That's what Islam is about. Being good and following The Quran and Sunnah and being true to The Truth and helping others do the same, whether they are loved ones or complete strangers. I want to marry the man I like because he has a good heart and genuinely cares about me. We haven't met in person yet. I don't care what my family might have to say. They are hardly ever there for me. Please keep us and others suffering from longing and heartache in your prayers, brothers and sisters! Listen to your heart and reason when it comes to matters of love. At least I try to do that. May Allah guide and help us in all matters. May Allah grant us Jannat and protect us from An Nar.
Lunarious View Drop Down

Male Shia Sufi
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lunarious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 11:56am
The Quran says: Do not say off to them (your parents) and shove them away, and be friend to them in this life and say to them good things. I can find the exact verse later if you want.

Talk to your Imam. I don't know if Sunni Imams interfere with the Peoples affairs, except leading in Prayer. I honestly don't know. However Shia Imams are leaders both in Prayer and Life matters, their usually very experienced like Psychologists and Philosophers and Politicians. The imaams will take your needs in consideration and show you the best plan of action.

Imam Ali say: He who is disowned by his family, he/she finds compassion with strangers.

The Quran says in Surat Nuh: Kafir parents bear Kafir astray Children.

It is your destiny that Allah has decreed for you whatever it is, you must be friends to your Parents wheither you are Muslim or Convert. The Quran says obey them in everything, EXCEPT commiting Shirk or Polytheism. Do you know Shirk? Your future husbands family, have asked for your hand. Confront his Parents as friends, and advisors, they want to help you and they see further than you do. Keep talking to them, from time to time, even if you feel you don't need to, they will set you straight if you deviate. Allah says remember me, I will remember you. So keep remebering Allah and his people, and keep seeing them. The Prophet Muhammed says make the masjids your (as if) houses.

Peace
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 11:56pm
If he is the right man for you he will be the right man in a year.

If you are being rash and typical of a 17 year old then a year will allow you to make a better decision.

Sometime the old people are right.

It's a frustrating world. Sometimes you have to wait for the right time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic