IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wants a proof that Quran is God's word !!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wants a proof that Quran is God's word !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 27>
Author
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by airmano airmano wrote:

@Asep

Thanks for your open reply. Now I come to my point.  For me, the definition of an "open discussion" implies:

1) The people participating in the discussion put their feelings and/or state of knowledge on the table without deforming or hiding [part of] the information they have.   
2) Each participant accepts the idea that he/she [himself] may also be proven wrong [change his mind] provided somebody else comes along with a deeper understanding or more convincing arguments.

From what you wrote I'd state that you probably conform to 1) but not to 2). 

In this context I feel it as ironic to ask me "to read the Quran with an open mind" when there is no ability to comply to this very principle on the other side. 

Airmano
@ Airmano

(Thanks for your open reply.)

Answer:
You're welcome Airmano.

1) The people participating in the discussion put their feelings and/or state of knowledge on the table without deforming or hiding [part of] the information they have.   

Answer:
Yes you're right, after I studied many other books that exist today, then I match them with scientific knowledge of humans.
And only the Qoran has a lot of information about things related to science.

2) Each participant accepts the idea that he/she [himself] may also be proven wrong [change his mind] provided somebody else comes along with a deeper understanding or more convincing arguments.

Answer:
I think not all participants will follow a more convincing understanding because it returns to one's reasoning or way of thinking about proof of a truth.

From what you wrote I'd state that you probably conform to 1) but not to 2). 

Answer:
Yes you're right for no. 1, but for no. 2 is relative.

In this context I feel it as ironic to ask me "to read the Quran with an open mind" when there is no ability to comply to this very principle on the other side. 

Answer:
In this case it is up to someone's curiosity whether they want to read the Koran or not (there is no compulsion), and for all of that, there is already the Almighty and the Most Decisive.

asep garutea View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2020 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

Originally posted by asep garutea asep garutea wrote:

Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

Do the water of rivers, fresh water, mix easily with the salt water of the seas?

Has the moon ever been split in 2?
@ Tim the plumber

(Do the water of rivers, fresh water, mix easily with the salt water of the seas?)

Answer:
I have never done an experiment about what you are asking because I am not a scientist.
But your question reminds me of someone named Jacques Yves Costeau, he is a leading oceanographer and diving expert from France, he does underwater exploration.
When he found a collection of freshwater springs that did not mix with sea water. As if there is a wall or membrane that borders both (not mixed). And it turns out he found the word of Allah in the Qoran 55: verses 19 and 20 as follows:
Allah Said:
مَرَجَ الْبَحْرَيْنِ  يَلْتَقِيٰنِ 
بَيْنَهُمَا بَرْزَخٌ لَّا يَبْغِيٰنِ 
"He (Allah) let two seas flowing which (later) the two met, "" between them there is a limit that is not exceeded by each." (Qoran 55: 19,20)

Jacques Yves Costeau passed away on June 26, 1997 in Paris, France.

(Has the moon ever been split in 2?)

Answer:
I found NASA photos from Apollo 10 in 1969. Rima Ariadaeus, one of the rille's appearance on the surface of the moon.
The photo reads:
"This location of the split extends across the length of the moon."

In a separate explanation, scientist Tom Watters of the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum said, "there is a fault on the moon called the Lobate Scarp. It is believed that this fracture was caused by the material of the crust that pushes each other so that cracks occur.
"So that indicates that something causes the moon to contract or shrink, "Tom said. He added: "some researchers believe that the moon has a geological history."
Allah Said:

اِقْتَـرَبَتِ السَّاعَةُ وَانْشَقَّ الْقَمَرُ
وَاِنْ يَّرَوْا اٰيَةً يُّعْرِضُوْا وَيَقُوْلُوْا  سِحْرٌ مُّسْتَمِرٌّ
"When (the Day of Judgment) approaches, the moon will be divided. "
"And if they (the idolaters) see a sign (miracle), they turn and say, (This is) continuous magic."
(Qoran 54: verses 1 and 2)

But there is also a NASA scientist who denies Tom's statement, his name is Brad Bailey, he said, "My recommendation is to not believe everything you read on the internet."

I believe more in Tom's statement.

1, Go to the sea side and look at any stream or river entering the sea. It will mix very easily. The water in say the Thames estury where the river's valley has been flooded by sea level rise 12,000 years ago when the great ice sheets melted, will be 100% fresh above the tidal zone but gradually change to 100% salt water with a gradual increase in salinity as you go along it. Try it out for yourself you don't need to be qualified to do this.

2, The Moon may well have a geologic history. It indeed does. That does not mean that the thing was ever split during the last couple of billion years. So no human could have possibly witnessed sucha thing. You know that the Quoran say it happened.
@ Tim the plumber

(1, Go to the sea side and look at any stream or river entering the sea. It will mix very easily. The water in say the Thames estury where the river's valley has been flooded by sea level rise 12,000 years ago when the great ice sheets melted, will be 100% fresh above the tidal zone but gradually change to 100% salt water with a gradual increase in salinity as you go along it. Try it out for yourself you don't need to be qualified to do this.)

Answer:
Sorry Tim, what I mean in the Qoran is not all rivers that flow into the sea, but certain places as proof of God's power.
A proven example is the Strait of Gibraltar which can be explained scientifically. The Strait of Gibraltar is a meeting between the Mediterranean Sea and Atlantic Sea.

Cousteau said:
"We studied the statements of certain researchers about the barriers that separate the oceans and observed that the Mediterranean Sea has different salinity and density as well as being a dwelling place for the flora and fauna that are typical of that place."

He added:
"The two seas showed different characteristics even though they were side by side. This is very surprising. "A magic veil prevents the two from mixing. A similar veil is also observed in Bab Al Mandab in the Gulf of Aden which meets the Red Sea."

The boundary between the meeting of these two types of water was explained about 14 centuries ago in one verse of the Qoran.

"And it was He (Allah) who let the two seas flow (side by side); this one is tasteless and fresh and the other is very salty and bitter; and He makes between the two walls and the boundary which is not transparent."
(Qoran 25: verse 53)

(2, The Moon may well have a geologic history. It indeed does. That does not mean that the thing was ever split during the last couple of billion years. So no human could have possibly witnessed sucha thing. You know that the Quoran say it happened.)

Answer:
No one in this age will be able to witness because it happened around 14 centuries ago.
However, historical evidence is still exist today that at the time it was witnessed by many people.

airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2020 at 1:28pm
@ Asep

"In this case it is up to someone's curiosity whether they want to read the Koran or not (there is no compulsion)"

I did read the Quran  at least a good part of it and even with an open mind. It is not to insult, but I classify it among the 10 most pointless books I've ever read (sure my eyes must be sealed).

From my side it reads as:
Funny fairy tales about 
beings out of smokeless fire, 7 Heavens (why not 8 ?), rivers of wine (but devoid of alcohol)  stories of a huge ship built by one guy without decent tools; so big that it could take all species; so much rain that the ship could even end up on top of a mountain (strange that the water didn't flow away), Allah creating humans which interestingly enough share 98% of their genes with monkeys, us made out of water ?  or dust ? or hold on, was it clay after all ?  Never mind, nobody will notice the difference anyway.

Still, I found that it takes a lot of belief to accept the story of Muhammad having a hike to heaven[s] ending up negotiating the number of prayers per Day with God. Why did God even enter into the negotiations ? He's all-knowledgeable, I think he should have known the result before. 

But well, these are just stories after all...

Airmano
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2020 at 1:36pm
@Asep
"I believe more in Tom's statement."

Great that you trust Tom, when you go on his website
airandspace.si.edu/stories/editorial/shrinking-tectonically-active-moon  you find a clear scientific explanation on how the fault lines  formed.

Any moon-splitting there ?

Airmano
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2020 at 11:40pm

@Asep
"I believe more in Tom's statement."

Great that you trust Tom, when you go on his website
airandspace.si.edu/stories/editorial/shrinking-tectonically-active-moon  you find a clear scientific explanation on how the fault lines  formed.

Airmano
@ Airmano

(Great that you trust Tom, when you go on his website
airandspace.si.edu/stories/editorial/shrinking-tectonically-active-moon  you find a clear scientific explanation on how the fault lines  formed.)

Answer:
Yes, I would be more inclined to the statement of scientists who approach the word of Allah.
And that's what I meant that humans in discovering something that is still a mystery will go through several experimental processes. So it's not certaintly the same among one scientist's statement with the others.
As an example of differences in opinion among scientists about the earth as the center of the circulation of the sun and the sun as the center of the circulation of the earth.

And today, all scientists agree that the earth circulates around the sun even the sun also has a center for its circulation.

Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 1:06am

@ Asep

"In this case it is up to someone's curiosity whether they want to read the Koran or not (there is no compulsion)"

I did read the Quran  at least a good part of it and even with an open mind. It is not to insult, but I classify it among the 10 most pointless books I've ever read (sure my eyes must be sealed).

Funny fairy tales about 
beings out of smokeless fire, 7 Heavens (why not 8 ?), rivers of wine (but devoid of alcohol)  stories of a huge ship built by one guy without decent tools; so big that it could take all species; so much rain that the ship could even end up on top of a mountain (strange that the water didn't flow away), Allah creating humans which interestingly enough share 98% of their genes with monkeys, us made out of water ?  or dust ? or hold on, was it clay after all ?  Never mind, nobody will notice the difference anyway.

Still, I found that it takes a lot of belief to accept the story of Muhammad having a hike to heaven[s] ending up negotiating the number of prayers per Day with God. Why did God even enter into the negotiations ? He's all-knowledgeable, I think he should have known the result before. 

Airmano
@ Airmano

I did read the Quran  at least a good part of it and even with an open mind. It is not to insult, but I classify it among the 10 most pointless books I've ever read (sure my eyes must be sealed).

Funny fairy tales about beings out of smokeless fire, 7 Heavens (why not 8 ?), rivers of wine (but devoid of alcohol)  stories of a huge ship built by one guy without decent tools; so big that it could take all species; so much rain that the ship could even end up on top of a mountain (strange that the water didn't flow away), Allah creating humans which interestingly enough share 98% of their genes with monkeys, us made out of water ?  or dust ? or hold on, was it clay after all ?  Never mind, nobody will notice the difference anyway.

Answer:
Yes Airmano, the Qoran was revealed for those who can ponder and express its true meaning because its contents are universal.
Therefore, only people who can use common sense can learn from all the verses in the Qoran (Allah said in the Qoran).

Your question about: "7 Heavens (why not 8?)" is almost similar to the question of the people of Moses who asked about vegetables.

You may not believe what you have read in the Qoran, even though that is true.

And please remember that there is nothing in the Qoran explaining about (Allah creating humans which is interestingly enough to share 98% of their genes with monkeys) (like Darwin's theory), instead humans are civilized and intelligent creatures, unlike animals.

Sometimes there are people who only think according to what they see now, which is finally associated with what actually happened around thousands of years ago.

The Qoran doesn't explain the negotiations on prayer, but it is in the hadith. And maybe you don't know much about why the Prophets and their people were ordered to pray.

Have you really read the Qoran ?

airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 2:37am
@Asep

"And please remember that there is nothing in the Qoran explaining about [Darwin]"

Correct, but Adam is mentioned as the first human being created by God. Science says otherwise.
How do you reconcile the two ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Qoran doesn't explain the negotiations on prayer, but it is in the hadith"

I know. I also didn't say so. But there are still many Muslims buying this story.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Have you really read the Qoran ?"

About 2/3 of it and even with an 'open mind', but then I got really bored. For the rest I browsed through to see whether it would get any better but I stopped when I saw that it didn't. I think it is a myth to believe that an interested reader gets automatically impressed by the Quran. 
I actually believe that most of the non-Muslim readers don't really make it beyond the first three pages.

In any case I think the [historic] purpose of this book is all too obvious,..
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2020 at 6:53am

@Asep

"And please remember that there is nothing in the Qoran explaining about [Darwin]"

Correct, but Adam is mentioned as the first human being created by God. Science says otherwise.
How do you reconcile the two ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know. I also didn't say so. But there are still many Muslims buying this story.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Have you really read the Qoran ?"

About 2/3 of it and even with an 'open mind', but then I got really bored. For the rest I browsed through to see whether it would get any better but I stopped when I saw that it didn't. I think it is a myth to believe that an interested reader gets automatically impressed by the Quran. 
I actually believe that most of the non-Muslim readers don't really make it beyond the first three pages.

In any case I think the [historic] purpose of this book is all too obvious,..
@ Airmano

(Correct, but Adam is mentioned as the first human being created by God. Science says otherwise.
How do you reconcile the two ?)

Answer:
If we are really careful in reading the contents of Allah's words in the Qoran, we will know about the genetic differences and the time of creation between humans and animals, for example in the Qoran 36: 71.
Allah Said:
اَوَلَمْ يَرَوْا اَنَّا خَلَقْنَا لَهُمْ مِّمَّا عَمِلَتْ اَيْدِيْنَاۤ  اَنْعَامًا فَهُمْ لَهَا مٰلِكُوْنَ
"And do they not see that He (Allah) has created animals for them (humans) ?, which is part of what He has created with His authority, then they have mastered it."
(Qoran 36: verse 71)

This implies that animals were created by Allah before the Prophet Adam.
It also explains that Allah had prepared all the needs for humans on earth before humans were created.

In a hadith narrated by al Muslim from Abu Hurairah r.a., he said:
The Prophet Muhammad hold my hand and said:
Allah created the earth on Saturday, created mountains on Sunday, created trees on Monday, created that
ugly (hated) on Tuesday, created light on Wednesday, created animals on earth on Thursday. And created the Prophet Adam after the Asr time on Friday, and the end of the event, end of the time between Asr at night."

The above verse and hadith prove that human genetics are not the same as animals.

Another prove:
Humans are given the ability to change civilization from primitive to modern, while animals are not, etc.

(I know. I also didn't say so. But there are still many 
Muslims buying this story.)

Answer:
The hadith on this subject is saheeh, almost all hadith collectors justify this hadith, including al Bukhari and al Muslim.
Negotiation about the prayer (salah) for Muslims is not a problem because it's Allah's willing. It's almost the same with the suspension of one's death (lengthened) because he always prays to be extended, and whether it is granted or not, only Allah has the absolute right to decide.
Likewise related to negotiations about prayer (salah). Allah Said:
يَمْحُو اللهُ مَايَشآءُ وَيُثْبِتُ وَعِنْدَهُ �£ُمُّ الْكِتَابِ
“Allah removes and determines what He wants, and on His side is the Ummul of the Book (Lawh Mahfudz)."
(Qoran 13:39)

Have you really read the Qoran ?"

(About 2/3 of it and even with an 'open mind', but then I got really bored. For the rest I browsed through to see whether it would get any better but I stopped when I saw that it didn't. I think it is a myth to believe that an interested reader gets automatically impressed by the Quran.)

Answer:
Yes Airmano, not everyone will quickly understand the Qoran, because it will require sufficient time to read it often, including being very careful in understanding it.

(I actually believe that most of the non-Muslim readers don't really make it beyond the first three pages.)

(In any case I think the [historic] purpose of this book is all too obvious,..)

Answer:
Of course, even not all Muslims have really understood it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 27>
  Share Topic