IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wants a proof that Quran is God's word !!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wants a proof that Quran is God's word !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 27>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2020 at 8:18am
Asep Garutea

"Airmano, I don't think that there's anything [in the Quran] contradicts with modern science, maybe scientists haven't yet finished their investigations or maybe their research must be reviewed.! 

Can you make an educated guess to why I find your sentence (above) highly problematic ?

Airmano 
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
asep garutea View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2020 at 8:02am
Originally posted by airmano airmano wrote:

Asep Garutea

"Airmano, I don't think that there's anything [in the Quran] contradicts with modern science, maybe scientists haven't yet finished their investigations or maybe their research must be reviewed.! 

Can you make an educated guess to why I find your sentence (above) highly problematic ?

Airmano 
(Can you make an educated guess to why I find your sentence (above) highly problematic ?)

Answer:
Have you ever heard about "trial and error" that is often done by humans?
Humans, in researching something that is not yet known, of course, will go through trial after trial, rarely are directly perfect.
Lots of examples.

Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2020 at 1:28am
Do the water of rivers, fresh water, mix easily with the salt water of the seas?

Has the moon ever been split in 2?
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2020 at 12:05pm
@Asep: 

From your reply I guess you did not understand my problem/question.

Taking your sentence, when you say:

"Airmano, I don't think that there's anything [in the Quran] contradicts with modern science, maybe scientists haven't yet finished their investigations or maybe their research must be reviewed.! "

I read:

A) The Quran is [always] right.
B) If science disagrees with the Quran, [present] science must be wrong.
C) If such a conflict arises it will [certainly] get resolved one day by new findings which will favour the Quran.

Is my interpretation correct ?

Airmano

The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 3:14am
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

Do the water of rivers, fresh water, mix easily with the salt water of the seas?

@ Tim the plumber

(Do the water of rivers, fresh water, mix easily with the salt water of the seas?)

Answer:
I have never done an experiment about what you are asking because I am not a scientist.
But your question reminds me of someone named Jacques Yves Costeau, he is a leading oceanographer and diving expert from France, he does underwater exploration.
When he found a collection of freshwater springs that did not mix with sea water. As if there is a wall or membrane that borders both (not mixed). And it turns out he found the word of Allah in the Qoran 55: verses 19 and 20 as follows:
Allah Said:
مَرَجَ الْبَحْرَيْنِ  يَلْتَقِيٰنِ 
بَيْنَهُمَا بَرْزَخٌ لَّا يَبْغِيٰنِ 
"He (Allah) let two seas flowing which (later) the two met, "" between them there is a limit that is not exceeded by each." (Qoran 55: 19,20)

Jacques Yves Costeau passed away on June 26, 1997 in Paris, France.

(Has the moon ever been split in 2?)

Answer:
I found NASA photos from Apollo 10 in 1969. Rima Ariadaeus, one of the rille's appearance on the surface of the moon.
The photo reads:
"This location of the split extends across the length of the moon."

In a separate explanation, scientist Tom Watters of the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum said, "there is a fault on the moon called the Lobate Scarp. It is believed that this fracture was caused by the material of the crust that pushes each other so that cracks occur.
"So that indicates that something causes the moon to contract or shrink, "Tom said. He added: "some researchers believe that the moon has a geological history."
Allah Said:

اِقْتَـرَبَتِ السَّاعَةُ وَانْشَقَّ الْقَمَرُ
وَاِنْ يَّرَوْا اٰيَةً يُّعْرِضُوْا وَيَقُوْلُوْا  سِحْرٌ مُّسْتَمِرٌّ
"When (the Day of Judgment) approaches, the moon will be divided. "
"And if they (the idolaters) see a sign (miracle), they turn and say, (This is) continuous magic."
(Qoran 54: verses 1 and 2)

But there is also a NASA scientist who denies Tom's statement, his name is Brad Bailey, he said, "My recommendation is to not believe everything you read on the internet."

I believe more in Tom's statement.

Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 3:30am
Originally posted by airmano airmano wrote:

@Asep: 

"Airmano, I don't think that there's anything [in the Quran] contradicts with modern science, maybe scientists haven't yet finished their investigations or maybe their research must be reviewed.! "

I read:

C) If such a conflict arises it will [certainly] get resolved one day by new findings which will favour the Quran.

Airmano

@ Airmano.

I read: 

Answer:
Yes, A, B, and C are correct.

Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 4:05am
Originally posted by asep garutea asep garutea wrote:

Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

@ Tim the plumber

(Do the water of rivers, fresh water, mix easily with the salt water of the seas?)

Answer:
I have never done an experiment about what you are asking because I am not a scientist.
But your question reminds me of someone named Jacques Yves Costeau, he is a leading oceanographer and diving expert from France, he does underwater exploration.
When he found a collection of freshwater springs that did not mix with sea water. As if there is a wall or membrane that borders both (not mixed). And it turns out he found the word of Allah in the Qoran 55: verses 19 and 20 as follows:
Allah Said:
مَرَجَ الْبَحْرَيْنِ  يَلْتَقِيٰنِ 
بَيْنَهُمَا بَرْزَخٌ لَّا يَبْغِيٰنِ 
"He (Allah) let two seas flowing which (later) the two met, "" between them there is a limit that is not exceeded by each." (Qoran 55: 19,20)

Jacques Yves Costeau passed away on June 26, 1997 in Paris, France.

(Has the moon ever been split in 2?)

Answer:
I found NASA photos from Apollo 10 in 1969. Rima Ariadaeus, one of the rille's appearance on the surface of the moon.
The photo reads:
"This location of the split extends across the length of the moon."

In a separate explanation, scientist Tom Watters of the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum said, "there is a fault on the moon called the Lobate Scarp. It is believed that this fracture was caused by the material of the crust that pushes each other so that cracks occur.
"So that indicates that something causes the moon to contract or shrink, "Tom said. He added: "some researchers believe that the moon has a geological history."
Allah Said:

اِقْتَـرَبَتِ السَّاعَةُ وَانْشَقَّ الْقَمَرُ
وَاِنْ يَّرَوْا اٰيَةً يُّعْرِضُوْا وَيَقُوْلُوْا  سِحْرٌ مُّسْتَمِرٌّ
"When (the Day of Judgment) approaches, the moon will be divided. "
"And if they (the idolaters) see a sign (miracle), they turn and say, (This is) continuous magic."
(Qoran 54: verses 1 and 2)

But there is also a NASA scientist who denies Tom's statement, his name is Brad Bailey, he said, "My recommendation is to not believe everything you read on the internet."

I believe more in Tom's statement.

1, Go to the sea side and look at any stream or river entering the sea. It will mix very easily. The water in say the Thames estury where the river's valley has been flooded by sea level rise 12,000 years ago when the great ice sheets melted, will be 100% fresh above the tidal zone but gradually change to 100% salt water with a gradual increase in salinity as you go along it. Try it out for yourself you don't need to be qualified to do this.

2, The Moon may well have a geologic history. It indeed does. That does not mean that the thing was ever split during the last couple of billion years. So no human could have possibly witnessed sucha thing. You know that the Quoran say it happened.
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 9:25am
@Asep

Thanks for your open reply. Now I come to my point.  For me, the definition of an "open discussion" implies:

1) The people participating in the discussion put their feelings and/or state of knowledge on the table without deforming or hiding [part of] the information they have.   
2) Each participant accepts the idea that he/she [himself] may also be proven wrong [change his mind] provided somebody else comes along with a deeper understanding or more convincing arguments.

From what you wrote I'd state that you probably conform to 1) but not to 2). 

In this context I feel it as ironic to ask me "to read the Quran with an open mind" when there is no ability to comply to this very principle on the other side. 

Airmano
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 27>
  Share Topic