IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wants a proof that Quran is God's word !!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wants a proof that Quran is God's word !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 27>
Author
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 2:53am
So many ways to read this.   They killed him not may mean they ' Pharisees' did not kill but Romans killed Jesus. Or, they used a substitute who was killed and Jesus escaped. I have heard Muslims on this board who held there positions in the past.

Some think Jesus was actually crucified but not killed. Unlikely as that was a capital offense for Roman soldiers.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Al Masihi View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Masihi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 5:55am
I myself believe the Islamic version on the account of the crucifixtion to be a fabrication.
MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

I myself believe the Islamic version on the account of the crucifixtion to be a fabrication.

Ok, Fine. If that's what you believe then so be it.

But I think your spelling of the word is wrong!... From now on, Try: Cruci fiction. (it should make it slightly more plausible).
Al Masihi View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Masihi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 1:53am
Sorry Crucifiction isn’t in the English dictionary, but I’ll be sure to use it when describing the Quranic version of the story.
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:18am
Quote Al Masihi wrote:

I would give it a probability close to 100% that it is a fabrication.
Essentially all historians agree that Jesus was indeed crucified. The reason why Muhammad "changed" this part is also all too obvious: 

Crucifiction and resurrection is the keystone of the Christian belief.  

How could he have have sold his own religion (convincingly) without discrediting this centerpiece ?
Needless to say that he didn't (rather "couldn't")  bring forward the slightest proof for his "theory" 

Where Muslims got a valid point however is the fact that God did not stop Mohamed from corrupting the bible.

Airmano
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

So many ways to read this.   They killed him not may mean they ' Pharisees' did not kill but Romans killed Jesus. Or, they used a substitute who was killed and Jesus escaped. I have heard Muslims on this board who held there positions in the past.

Some think Jesus was actually crucified but not killed. Unlikely as that was a capital offense for Roman soldiers.

Normally the poor wretch on the cross would rot off.

Unless they needed the cross for the next victim.

Al Masihi View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Masihi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 2:32am
Not to mention the major error it has when it says the Jews exclaimed they have killed the Messiah Jesus son of Mary. But the Quran says the Jews disbelieved in Jesus as a prophet and the Messiah, after all that’s why they were killing him according to the Quran. Muslims will say this was a notion of mockery and quote from their tafsirs, but actually Jews even as a way of mocking never use the term Messiah. Especially using the term for a man that they are putting on trial for claiming to be the Messiah.
MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 4:48am

Originally posted by airmano airmano wrote:

...Frankly Miaw, when it comes to the "bible being corrupted"  you are the funniest chap alive.

Citing the Quran.... in support of the Quran.

@airmano,

This has been discussed so many times before; the internet is full of it.

First: Let’s get one thing out of the way...

No Muslim should feel obliged to give any evidence (to a non-Muslim) about anything to do with Islam... that is because enough evidence was given by our Prophet Muhammad PBUH to people who were in a much better position (than anyone living today) to scrutinize that evidence (either because they were Non-Muslim scholars at that time, or were 'living/confirming witnesses' to what our Prophet was preaching/claiming at the time. And because the evidence that our prophet presented was so strong and compelling, Islam spread like 'wild fire' within only a few years, reaching Africa, Europe and Asia. Reason: Because the Light of Truth that everyone was 'longing for' had finally arrived to replace the Darkness of Falsehood that had prevailed all over the world at the time.

However...

If I do have to support any claim, then I, as a Muslim, only have three sources available to me:

1) Divine words from previous scriptures.

I will not use these because, unfortunately, they have been changed and corrupted by humans. Period. We believe in the same (one) God, but (parts of) the message are now different. The same God does not send two conflicting messages. When you manufacture a machine or computer, you do not write two conflicting User’s Guides (Manuals), you include just one.

2) My own logical thinking and analysis, as well as the opinions and logical rhetoric of philosophers, certain authors and apologists, thinkers, Ahlul-Kalaam (People of Talk Talk Talk, i.e. Hot Air).

I will not use these because...

Well… we’ve seen where ‘unguided’ human perception of the concept of God, Creation,etc has led us in the past. We simply have to accept that there are concepts that we cannot perceive or even imagine… such as …God.

In fact it is so difficult to encompass that some people have had to satisfy themselves by drawing a ‘picture’ of God (usually a Huge old man with long white beard and hair), others gave him an additional ‘human dimension’ like Christians and Jews, and others have even given up on the idea altogether (Atheists…etc). 

Some concepts have to be guided and ‘channeled’, otherwise they will wander and err all over the place… rather like pouring water onto a field and expecting it to all go towards the tree at the other end of the field.

3) Divine words from The Qur’an. (and Sunnah)

That’s what I believe in, and that’s the only source I shall use to support any claim. So please try to get used to it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 27>
  Share Topic