IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Who is the comforter  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who is the comforter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerryMyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2018 at 12:13am
Originally posted by 2Acts 2Acts wrote:

Why do Muslims refer to the Bible to find something about Mohammed but at the same time accuse the Bible as corrupt-ed? If the Bible was corrupted, why do they seek such a verse. They contradict themselves and just pick and choose what ever verses suit them. Muslims are desperate to find Mohamad in the Bible. But the fact is, he is not there !

Firstly, Muslims NEVER referred to the Bible to seek the truth of God Almighty, however, in interfaith forums, Muslims quote Biblical verses ONLY TO DIRECT the attention of the Christians to the verses of the Bible which they have misinterpreted to support their trinity belief. The truth is Jesus never preached the concept of original sin and trinity in his whole lifetime on earth. Can you quote any sayings of Jesus in your own gospels which you believe are references to the concept of original sin or trinity ?? I doubt it.

Secondly, Muslims NEVER said the Bible is corrupted in its whole entirety, but, the Muslims claimed the Bible is a mixture of truths and lies. In other words, there are truths in the Bible but there are also lies created by the hands of men - "'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?”” – Jeremiah 8:8.

Anyway, how was Mohamad a "comforter"? He was a War Lord who lived by the sword, took women sex slaves and ordered his men to cut his enemies hands off and take their eyes out with hot nails ! No comfort there !

Where did you get that ?? Was that from some anti-Islam sites or was that from some ‘hadiths’ ?? Try reading the Quran to know the truth of Islam.

By the way, if you think Jesus would not expect his disciples to draw their swords and fight for him because you believe he will not resort to any violence even for justice, then you are 100% WRONG !
JerryMyers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerryMyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2018 at 1:00am
Originally posted by Peace maker Peace maker wrote:

Originally posted by JerryMyers JerryMyers wrote:

What do you meant by this?

So, no, Muhammad is not eternal or have a pre-existent life, BUT, he was the Comforter who God had sent to the world as promised by Jesus to his disciples.

Will he be with us forever?

What will be forever is not the person, BUT, the Spirit of God and the legacy and teaching of the said (another) Comforter, Muhammad, just as the true teachings of Jesus will be with us forever. Likewise, my dad passed away long ago, but he’s always be with me in spirit and in his sayings/guidance.

You do not understand what Jesus said the comforter is the spirit of truth who abide with us "forever"
can you see truth have anyone seen truth? define truth for me.
The Apostles of Jesus have received the spirit of truth on the day of pentecost, Did they received Muhammad?
The spirit of truth is the Holy spirit so do not be confused. 

Actually, you are the one who is confused. The Spirit of Truth IS a reference to a person whose own spirit have been strengthened by the Spirit of God. In 1 John 4:1, Jesus told his disciples to test all spirits to know whether they are from God or not. Was Jesus asking his disciples to test the Holy Spirit ?? No, he was asking his disciples to test those who came and claimed they are apostles/prophets or man of God. Why did Jesus issue this warning and who came, not long after Jesus’ departure and claimed he was an apostle/man of God ??

As for the day of Pentecost (Acts 2), that was NOT the fulfillment of Jesus' promise of the coming of the Comforter, but, the day of Pentecost was the fulfillment of the words spoken by prophet Joel (Acts 2:16), So, DO NOT BE CONFUSED.
Peace maker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2018 at 8:31pm

What do you meant by this?

So, no, Muhammad is not eternal or have a pre-existent life, BUT, he was the Comforter who God had sent to the world as promised by Jesus to his disciples.

Will he be with us forever?

What will be forever is not the person, BUT, the Spirit of God and the legacy and teaching of the said (another) Comforter, Muhammad, just as the true teachings of Jesus will be with us forever. Likewise, my dad passed away long ago, but he’s always be with me in spirit and in his sayings/guidance.

John 7:39
Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.
A matter fact muslims do not glorify Jesus so how can you asumed Muhammad is the spirit of truth.

Romans 8.

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.

You think your Dad's spirit is with you all the time, but it is not so you are just using your own imagination and set up your own conclusions.
You set mind on the things of the flesh.

Act 2:33
Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing.

Al Masihi View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Masihi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2018 at 11:07pm
The Holy Spirit is one of the persons of God not a mindless thing hence why he is called he not it.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerryMyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2018 at 5:13am

John 7:39
Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Je-sus was not yet glorified.

A matter fact muslims do not glorify Jesus so how can you asumed Muhammad is the spirit of truth.

What does ‘to glorify’ means ? It means to dignify someone, and in this context, to elevate Jesus from the false status people have placed him in. This was exactly what the Quran had revealed to Muhammad about Jesus Christ. To clarify that, let’s review what Jesus said of the Comforter/Advocate who Jesus had promised will come after his departure from earth. Jesus said :

“When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: about sin, because people do not believe in me; about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.” – John 16:8-11

First, Jesus said the Comforter will PROVE the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment. And why would the Comforter need to prove to the world that they had been wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment IF sin, righteousness and judgment had been the main core of Jesus’ teaching and preaching to the people ?? And secondly, what did Jesus mean by saying ‘and about judgment, because the prince of this world now STANDS CON-DEMNED’ ?? The answer is, of course, Jesus was not referring to his own preaching of sin, righteousness and judgment, which are all true but he was referring to the sin, unrighteousness and misjudgment of the Christians when they took him as God or equal to God, and thus, indirectly accused him of blasphemy. Because of this, Jesus now stands condemned as those who commit blasphemy are condemned by God.

So, how did Muhammad glorify Jesus ? In Quran Surah 3:55 , Allah said ‘O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme..’ In other words, Allah is saying He will save Jesus (from the crucifixion) by taking him up to Himself and clear Jesus’ name (of the falsehoods) of those (ie. the Jews) who blaspheme (ie. these Jews falsely claimed that Jesus claimed to be God) against him – a claim which Christians today believe and it was of this claim (which Jesus never claimed) from the people that Jesus said ‘and about judgment, because the prince of this world now STANDS CONDEMNED’. Thus, Muhammad (and the Muslims) glorified Jesus by clearing all the falsehoods made against him such as the blasphemy that he claimed to be God or equal to God and that he came to die for all mankind sin – in other words, Muhammad and the Muslims return the righteousness and dignity (from condemnation of blasphemy) back to Jesus, a great prophet of God who would never claimed to be God or equal to God Himself.

But, if you still believe the Comforter as promised by Jesus had already come down on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2), then, tell me how did this ‘Pentecost Comforter’ prove to the world was wrong about sin, righteousness and judgment ??

Romans 8.

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be ful-filled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.

Firstly, Romans 8 was talking about ‘no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus’, while Jesus in John 16:11, was talking about his OWN condemnation, not about the people’s. Secondly, these are words of Paul, NOT Jesus. So, who do you follow – Jesus or Paul ?? Show me the words of Jesus that he came ‘in the likeness of sinful flesh’.

You think your Dad's spirit is with you all the time, but it is not so you are just using your own imagination and set up your own conclusions. You set mind on the things of the flesh.

Of course, my dad, although long gone, will always be with me in spirit. In other words, he will always be in my remembrance forever.

Act 2:33
Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing.

So ? Acts 2:33 just said that the Holy Spirit was with Jesus and thus, his teaching, which the people are seeing and hearing, are not his own, but, they were from God, as guided by His Spirit. The ‘right hand of God’ simply means those who are highly favored by God Almighty.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerryMyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2018 at 5:15am
Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

The Holy Spirit is one of the persons of God not a mindless thing hence why he is called he not it.

So now, is the Holy Spirit a person or a Spirit ???
2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 2:57pm

Why do Muslims refer to the Bible to find something about Mohammed but at the same time accuse the Bible as corrupt-ed? If the Bible was corrupted, why do they seek such a verse. They contradict themselves and just pick and choose what ever verses suit them. Muslims are desperate to find Mohamad in the Bible. But the fact is, he is not there !

Firstly, Muslims NEVER referred to the Bible to seek the truth of God Almighty, however, in interfaith forums, Muslims quote Biblical verses ONLY TO DIRECT the attention of the Christians to the verses of the Bible which they have misinterpreted to support their trinity belief. The truth is Jesus never preached the concept of original sin and trinity in his whole lifetime on earth. Can you quote any sayings of Jesus in your own gospels which you believe are references to the concept of original sin or trinity ?? I doubt it.

Secondly, Muslims NEVER said the Bible is corrupted in its whole entirety, but, the Muslims claimed the Bible is a mixture of truths and lies. In other words, there are truths in the Bible but there are also lies created by the hands of men - "'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?”” – Jeremiah 8:8.

Anyway, how was Mohamad a "comforter"? He was a War Lord who lived by the sword, took women sex slaves and ordered his men to cut his enemies hands off and take their eyes out with hot nails ! No comfort there !

Where did you get that ?? Was that from some anti-Islam sites or was that from some ‘hadiths’ ?? Try reading the Quran to know the truth of Islam.

By the way, if you think Jesus would not expect his disciples to draw their swords and fight for him because you believe he will not resort to any violence even for justice, then you are 100% WRONG !

You are wrong where you say Muslims never refer to the Bible to seek the truth of God. Your Quran validates the Bible as truth. For example-

And in their footsteps, We sent 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) confirming the Taurat (Torah) that had come before him, and We gave him the Injeel (Gospel), in which was guidance and light and confirmation of the Taurat (Torah) that had come before it, a guidance and an admonition for Al-Muttaqun S. 5:46. S. 57:27

The Quran in 10. 94 states If you have any doubts in the Quran which I give you go and read the Bible or ask those who read the Bible

Thus, the Qur'an sees itself as the guardian of the message of all scripture: To thee We sent the scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety (5:48 MP/51 AYA).

He [Jesus] said, "Lo, I am God's servant; God has given me the Book, and made me a Prophet." S. 19.30 (Book could be recitation as is the Quran ?)

It is He Who has sent down the Book (the Qur'an) to you (Muhammad SAW) with truth, confirming what came before it. And he sent down the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel). S. 3:3

Sura 5:46 states that the Injil was given to Jesus by Allah. Sura 19:30 and 3:3 then clarify that the Injil is a book just as the Qur'an and the Torah are books that were sent down by Allah.

Original sin and the Trinity are doctrines based on scriptural truth.  Regarding original sin there are several lines of biblical basis to the doctrine that we are all born into the world with sinful natures, due to the sin of Adam. Refer to Psalm 51:,5 Ephesians 2:2 -3, Proverbs 22:15 ,Genesis 8:21 and Psalm 14:2–3.

Regarding the Trinity you need to know that the word “Trinity” is not even found in the Bible. However the doctrine exists due to such verses as Genesis 1.26 , Isaiah 6.8, Isaiah 42.1,Matthew 3:17, Mark 14:61-62.

How convenient for you to say the Bible is not corrupted in its entirety! “a mixture of truth and lies” you say. So tell us then what is your criteria for determining which is truth and which is lies. No doubt the verses that support a Muslim view are seen as truth and verses that contradict the Muslim view are lies. And until you do so you have no authority to quote from the Bible at all and pick and choose what suits you.

If you are going to quote Jeremiah 8.8 then you need to understand Jeremiah 8.8. It is clear Jeremiah was simply rebuking the scribes for their traditions that led people astray. He was not stating The Word had been corrupted. Consider these points -

1. Other godly men also had copies of the Torah in their possession. Eg. the prophet Daniel. Plus other prophets affirm that the book of Moses was still available during their day.eg. Nehemiah 8:13-14,18. This occurred approximately 430 B.C., nearly 180 years after Jeremiah.

2. The Lord Jesus and his followers quoted from the Torah as we know it today and never thought that it was corrupt (cf. Matthew 4:4,7,10; 22:31-32d

3. Even Jeremiahs enemies knew that the Law could never disappear. Jeremiah 18:18  

4. If you read Jeremiah 36: 1-7, 20-32, 27-32.You will see that If God was capable of restoring the revelation given to Jeremiah after it had been destroyed, then God would also have been capable of restoring the original Torah.

5. Jeremiah said …“ If you do not listen to me and follow MY LAW …. So how could Israel follow the Law, i.e. the Torah, if it had been corrupted?  Jeremiah 26:4-6.

You asked me where did I get the fact that Mohamad was not a comforter but a war Lord who lived by the sword? You obviously do not know your own Quran and hadith.

Read Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 52, Number 261 and you will see Mohamad had the men of Ukl or Uraynah tortured by having their hands and feet cut off. Then he ordered for nails which were heated and passed over their eyes, and they were left in the desert. When they asked for water, they were given none and left to die.

Your Quran is full of directives to violence –

“Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits, for Allah does not love transgressors”. 2:190

“And slay them (the infidels) wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out, for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter” 2:191

“And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and Faith in Allah; but if they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression”. 2:193

“Fighting is prescribed for you, and you dislike it. But it is possible that you dislike a thing which is good for you, and that you love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knows, and you know not” 2:216

"Let those fight in the cause of Allah who sell the life of this world for the Hereafter. To him who fighteth in the cause of Allah, whether he is slain or gets victory soon shall we give him a reward of great (value)" 4:74

“Seize them and slay them wherever you find them: and in any case take no friends or helpers from their ranks.” 4:89

"Allah has granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit at home "4:95

"Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies, of Allah and your enemies, and others besides, whom ye may not know, but whom Allah doth know. Whatever ye shall spend in the cause of Allah, shall be repaid unto you, and ye shall not be treated unjustly" 8:60

"O Prophet! rouse the Believers to the fight. If there are twenty amongst you, patient and persevering, they will vanquish two hundred: if a hundred, they will vanquish a thousand of the Unbelievers: for these are a people without understanding" 8:65

"Fight them and Allah will punish them by your hands, cover them with shame, help you to victory over them, and heal the breasts of the Believers"  9:14

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the Religion of truth, from among the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued"  9:29

"Say: can you expect for us (and fate) other than one of two glorious things (martyrdom or victory)? But we can expect for you either that Allah will send his punishment (for not believing in Allah) from Himself, or by our hands. So wait (expectant); we too will wait with you" 9:52

Prove to me that Jesus that Jesus would not expect his disciples to draw their swords and fight for him. And please do not refer to Luke 22.36 as when Muslims do they only display their ignorance. It was Jesus that said “turn the other cheek” and to “bless your enemies”.

Al Masihi View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Masihi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 4:34am
Do you understand what I said, person of God, not person like a human being, person of God not person like a human being. The persons of God are the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
  Share Topic