IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lonely  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lonely

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lonely
    Posted: 31 March 2018 at 1:32am
Assalammualaikum sisters.
I am sad and lonely because I have nobody. I am already half a century old, not married nd I live alone in small home. My sisters live with my cousins and they are very happy they decided to forget me! I spoke up to them recently that they never visit me or call or care about me. Instead of showing kindness and understanding they they got angry and spoke hateful words. Alhamduliyllah I constantly call on ALLAH to be strong. But half the time I get weak. Is obvious people dont have good reasons to know me.
Rofexa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofexa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2018 at 6:45pm
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله

Sister,

I'm sorry to hear that, your family will answer for this. As will we for what we have done too, may Allah have mercy on us.

Sister are you near a mosque? You need to get involved Insha'Allah. Make your own family, even if not by blood, make one through faith. I know it seems easier said then done, putting yourself out there is scary and rejection is always the thing that holds us back. Do it for the sake of Allah and you will see what happens, maybe a sister sees you working for the sake of Allah and mentioneds you to her Husband and he thinks of his friend who was recently widowed you never know. Just try and ask Allah to show and guide you.

Your sister in Islam
herbs View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2018 at 9:52pm
Thank you for your reply sister. I had no words to reply when I first read your advice. Such a route for happiness is not available. Alhamdullillah mortality here average at 70 years old for men and 80 for women. Finding compatible sister friend to talk good times and bad is almost impossible, 100x impossible to find a 50+ reliable spouse. I actually have many relatives but most not keen to find me because I live in a tiny home and even my nieces who I spent a lot of time with when they were young do not find me mainly their parents dont teach them that. Unless I live in purchase home, financially comfortable then people have interest to find me.
Bottomline I surrender to ALLAH's will.
sara_ali View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2018 at 11:06am
Wa-Alaikum-Salaam sister herbs,
You should note that what you have to do is to be content with your situation and realise that what Allah has chosen for you is the best.
Do not let the whispers of shaytaan affect you and lead you every which way. Rather you should be as our Lord likes you to be, and accept His decree and thank Him for His blessings. Ponder the blessings that Allaah has bestowed upon you, and do not worry. Keep yourself busy with worship of Allah and make a program for yourself so that you can wake up for Fajr prayer and then read Quran. Attend lectures and reminders and Islamic conferences. Through this program you will be able to relax and find peace of mind.
Be kind to yourself, and remember that there are millions of women like you who are not married, but many of them may be happier than many of those who are married.
herbs View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2018 at 7:59am
Thank you for your good advice. Alhamdulillah I now look at my situations as a friend's issue then I can be a good mentor as I am always nicer to other people than myself. I am more calm and accepting qadar as I get closer to ALLAH SWT.
Nevertheless I always make dua to ALLAH for big money so I can retire or take a long break, go umrah/haj and have many Muslimah best friends.
I mentioned that I am not married, actually divorced from unhappy marriage. I strongly dont care for marriage. Men want more than they give, being selfish etc. Women can be happy with faith and money.
muni36 View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muni36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 11:31pm
I know how it feels to be lonely, I am very lonely also, I am divorced and now have to live alone and its not easy for a shy and pious women 
blue_sky_hope View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue_sky_hope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2018 at 3:04am
I'm sorry to hear you are going through this.. How have you been? Did things get better for you?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic