IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Open for debate  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Open for debate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Al Masihi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Open for debate
    Posted: 29 March 2018 at 11:10am
Muslims here are free to debate me on anything regarding Christianity and Islam.
Niblo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niblo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 11:29pm
In another forum you claimed that ‘Jesus is the one God of Israel.’ I asked (several times):‘How is this possible,in the light of Christian doctrines concerning the nature of God?', but you chose not to debate them. Are you prepared to do so on this Forum?
'Sometimes, silence is the best answer for a fool.' (Alī ibn Abī Tālib‎)
Al Masihi View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Masihi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2018 at 11:59pm
First of all your not being clear in your own question, first you must tell me why do you think he's not the God of Israel, give me reasons then I will answer back.
yandex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yandex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 1:08am
Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

Muslims here are free to debate me on anything regarding Christianity and Islam.

Once the Christians of Najran  challenged 'prophet' Muhammad to debate, and instead taking it up, Allah immediately revealed a verse on how to response. I find it really very amusing.

Then whoever argues with you about it after [this] knowledge has come to you - say, "Come, let us call our sons and your sons, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves, then supplicate earnestly [together] and invoke the curse of Allah upon the liars [among us]." (Quran 3 61)
Niblo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niblo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 5:21am
Originally posted by Al Masihi Al Masihi wrote:

First of all your not being clear in your own question, first you must tell me why do you think he's not the God of Israel, give me reasons then I will answer back.

The burden of proof rests with the person making the claim. It is you who claim that Yeshua (ʿalayhi as-salām) is the God of Israel; and so the burden is yours.

But let me help you out.

You claim to be a Maronite; a body of Christians in full communion with the Catholic Church. You should know that according to the Catholic Church there are grades of theological certainty; the highest of which (identified as ‘de fide’): ‘Appertains to the immediately revealed truths (and are) based on the authority of God Revealing; and if the Church, through its teaching, vouches for the fact that (such a) truth is contained in Revelation, one’s certainty is then based on the authority of the Infallible Teaching Authority of the Church.’ (Ludwig Ott - ‘Fundamental of Catholic Dogma’; Page 9).

According to the Catholic Church, Christ is ‘True God, and True Man’. This is a doctrine shared by the Maronites.

Concerning the immutability of God:

The Church teaches that God is absolutely immutable: ‘We firmly believe and simply confess that there is only one true God, eternal and immeasurable, almighty, unchangeable……’ (Fourth Lateran Council: Constitution 1. Confession of Faith); and again: ‘First, then, the holy Roman church, founded on the words of our Lord and Saviour, firmly believes, professes and preaches one true God, almighty, immutable and eternal.’ (The Council of Basel: Session 114).

By ‘absolutely immutable’ is meant that in God there can be no change whatsoever. The Dominican theologian St Thomas Aquinas bases the absolute immutability of God on His absolute simplicity (a Spirit, having no parts); on His pure actuality (He has no potential for change); and on His infinite perfection. According to Aquinas, mutability includes potentiality, composition and imperfection and as such is irreconcilable with God as ‘actus purus’ (the absolutely simple, absolutely perfect Essence). (cf. Summa Theologica: Part 1; Question 9; Article 1).

Please explain how God - pure spirit, pure actuality, with no potential for change (none whatsoever) - can become flesh (which is forever subject to change).

'Sometimes, silence is the best answer for a fool.' (Alī ibn Abī Tālib‎)
Al Masihi View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Masihi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2018 at 12:31pm
I'm not exactly a Maronite I identify with them since I have not been baptized into any Church and I'm rather yet a bit skeptical of the Catholic Church but anyways. When God became a man he didn't change with respect to His Divinity, even in becoming Man He underwent no change in essence or substance. That is what we mean God does not change nor undergoes change in essence or in divine nature.
Al Masihi View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Masihi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2018 at 12:33pm
I find that to be Mohammeds excuse to avoid debating Najrani Christians.
Al Masihi View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Masihi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 7:43am
Anymore question from anyone?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic