IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - not making dua
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


not making dua

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message
Atra View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 27 March 2018
Status: Offline
Points: 19
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: not making dua
    Posted: 28 March 2018 at 5:07am
Assalamu alaykum everyone,

I'm aware of the fact that Allah can be angry with those who don't make dua. So, I have a problem with it. Even though I do a lot of dhikr, regular salat, some nawfl, reading Quran etc, I feel so ashamed to ask Allah for anything except repentance, like I'm not worth it. Every time I feel the same.

So, can anyone give me good guidance on how to break this bad habit and feeling?


Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
asep garut View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 November 2017
Location: Indonesia
Status: Offline
Points: 276
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Atra Atra wrote:

Assalamu alaykum everyone,

I'm aware of the fact that Allah can be angry with those who don't make dua. So, I have a problem with it. Even though I do a lot of dhikr, regular salat, some nawfl, reading Quran etc, I feel so ashamed to ask Allah for anything except repentance, like I'm not worth it. Every time I feel the same.

So, can anyone give me good guidance on how to break this bad habit and feeling?



Wa’alaikumussalam Atra,

Allah commands us to pray only to Him as in His word (40:60), therefore, the shame you have is also good because it is one of the characteristics of those who believe in Allah.

Perhaps you should also try not to continue to feel unworthy to get it, because it will hamper your du'a to be granted by Allah as in the Hadith of the Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam.

Try to mention a lot of "Laa Ilaaha Illallaah" whether you are standing, sitting, and lying down.

Back to Top
Atra View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 27 March 2018
Status: Offline
Points: 19
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2018 at 4:29am
Originally posted by asep garut asep garut wrote:

Originally posted by Atra Atra wrote:

Assalamu alaykum everyone,

I'm aware of the fact that Allah can be angry with those who don't make dua. So, I have a problem with it. Even though I do a lot of dhikr, regular salat, some nawfl, reading Quran etc, I feel so ashamed to ask Allah for anything except repentance, like I'm not worth it. Every time I feel the same.

So, can anyone give me good guidance on how to break this bad habit and feeling?



Wa’alaikumussalam Atra,

Allah commands us to pray only to Him as in His word (40:60), therefore, the shame you have is also good because it is one of the characteristics of those who believe in Allah.

Perhaps you should also try not to continue to feel unworthy to get it, because it will hamper your du'a to be granted by Allah as in the Hadith of the Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam.

Try to mention a lot of "Laa Ilaaha Illallaah" whether you are standing, sitting, and lying down.


Jazakallahu Khair! 

On the other hand I'm afraid to make me feel worthy in sense of danger to "grow" arrogance. And still, while trying to make dua I raise hands and telling myself "you should be more grateful for what you already have" and then I give up Big smile  And I do gratitude for everything, including gratitude for magnetic field around the Earth Big smile but still feel like it's not enough.

I do shahadah a lot as well. 

So how to break my unworthiness and not grow the arrogance?  
Back to Top
asep garut View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 November 2017
Location: Indonesia
Status: Offline
Points: 276
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2018 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Atra Atra wrote:

Originally posted by asep garut asep garut wrote:

Originally posted by Atra Atra wrote:

Assalamu alaykum everyone,

I'm aware of the fact that Allah can be angry with those who don't make dua. So, I have a problem with it. Even though I do a lot of dhikr, regular salat, some nawfl, reading Quran etc, I feel so ashamed to ask Allah for anything except repentance, like I'm not worth it. Every time I feel the same.

So, can anyone give me good guidance on how to break this bad habit and feeling?



Wa’alaikumussalam Atra,

Allah commands us to pray only to Him as in His word (40:60), therefore, the shame you have is also good because it is one of the characteristics of those who believe in Allah.

Perhaps you should also try not to continue to feel unworthy to get it, because it will hamper your du'a to be granted by Allah as in the Hadith of the Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam.

Try to mention a lot of "Laa Ilaaha Illallaah" whether you are standing, sitting, and lying down.


Jazakallahu Khair! 

On the other hand I'm afraid to make me feel worthy in sense of danger to "grow" arrogance. And still, while trying to make dua I raise hands and telling myself "you should be more grateful for what you already have" and then I give up Big smile  And I do gratitude for everything, including gratitude for magnetic field around the Earth Big smile but still feel like it's not enough.

I do shahadah a lot as well. 

So how to break my unworthiness and not grow the arrogance?  

Can you give an example of your unworthiness is like?

Wassalaam.

Back to Top
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 20 September 2001
Status: Offline
Points: 2430
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2018 at 11:13pm
You write 'break unworthiness ' but I read "gratitude for humility".

If you were Christian I would suggest increasing the sharing of your faith with others. Too much seems locked in an endless thought loop let it out in praise.

This is just my impression I do not know. Asep, your imam and other muslim members can correctly comment on this from a muslim perspective.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Back to Top
asep garut View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 November 2017
Location: Indonesia
Status: Offline
Points: 276
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 12:51am
Originally posted by Atra Atra wrote:

Originally posted by asep garut asep garut wrote:

Originally posted by Atra Atra wrote:

Assalamu alaykum everyone,

I'm aware of the fact that Allah can be angry with those who don't make dua. So, I have a problem with it. Even though I do a lot of dhikr, regular salat, some nawfl, reading Quran etc, I feel so ashamed to ask Allah for anything except repentance, like I'm not worth it. Every time I feel the same.

So, can anyone give me good guidance on how to break this bad habit and feeling?



Wa’alaikumussalam Atra,

Allah commands us to pray only to Him as in His word (40:60), therefore, the shame you have is also good because it is one of the characteristics of those who believe in Allah.

Perhaps you should also try not to continue to feel unworthy to get it, because it will hamper your du'a to be granted by Allah as in the Hadith of the Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam.

Try to mention a lot of "Laa Ilaaha Illallaah" whether you are standing, sitting, and lying down.


Jazakallahu Khair! 

On the other hand I'm afraid to make me feel worthy in sense of danger to "grow" arrogance. And still, while trying to make dua I raise hands and telling myself "you should be more grateful for what you already have" and then I give up Big smile  And I do gratitude for everything, including gratitude for magnetic field around the Earth Big smile but still feel like it's not enough.

I do shahadah a lot as well. 

So how to break my unworthiness and not grow the arrogance?  

 

اَلسَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ

Atra, I will try to give you a solution to what you are facing now, and for the basis of this description I take the sura An-Naas 114: 1-6.

Devil or satan is the main enemy of man who can not be denied anymore because many verses of the Qur'an that explain about it, for an example in Sura Al-Baqarah 2:208

Therefore, Satan will always tease man forever.

Among the satan's weapons is to spread anxiety among human beings. This disease will be implanted into the human heart with the aim to cause doubt at the human heart.

With such weapon, Satan will be able to make a Muslim hesitant with the worship he does, one example is not convinced of his prayer (du'a), and it is already a mental disorder, in other words whatever he does, his heart is always in a state of anxiety.

The goals of satan tease the human among others is to cause boredom in doing good things (including in worship), so that with such an anxiety disease can cause a person to fall into the act takalluf (burdening himself to the forbidden).

From Abu Hurairah R.A., the Prophet Muhammad Shallallaahu ‘Alaihi Wasallam said:

“Verily, Islam is easy, it is not a person who burdens himself in religion unless he will be invincible.” (Narrated by Bukhari 39, An-Nasai 5034).

Here are some ways to treat anxiety disorders, including:

1.    Do not care: if anxiety disease is served, then the disease will continue to grow.

2.    Take an opposite attitude to what you doubt (please ask me if it is unclear).

3.    Keep practicing with patience : one of the motivations you may cultivate in your heart is all the feelings of anxiety that arise in you is actually one of the forms of temptation of satan, and the effort you are undertaking to eliminate the anxiety is also your attempt to resist the temptation of the satan with patience, or indeed you are doing jihad, and if the struggle against this Satanic temptation is accompanied by sincere intentions of Allah and following the sunna of Prophet Muhammad Shallallaahu ' Alaihi Wasallam, Insha Allah you will get a change and reward from Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala.

4.    Often ask for protection from Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala from the temptation of Satan.

5.    Worship by searching for his true knowledge: a Muslim who has a true knowledge of worship, besides he will be able to eliminate those feelings, he will also achieve blessing from Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala.

 

Conclusion:

Besides all the efforts that you do above, do not forget to multiply dhikr, read The Quran and Ta'awudz,

may Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala will free you from such anxiety disorder.

Below the additional prayer (du'a) that I often do, hopefully will be useful for you:

 اَللَّهُمَّ £َعِذْنِي مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ، اللَّهُمَّ £َجِرْنِي مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ، اَللَّهُمَّ احْفَظْنِي مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ، اَللَّهُمَّ £َعِنِّي عَلَى ذِكْرِكَ وَشُكْرِكَ وَحُسْنِ عِبَادَتِكَ، اَللَّهُمَّ احْفَظْنِي مِنْ مَكَائِدِ عَدُوِّكَ الشَّيْطَانِ،

“O Allah, protect me from the satan. O Allah, guard me from the satan. O Allah, help me to remember You (dhikr to You), to give thanks to You and make worship to You. O Allah, guard me from the deceit of my enemy (that is) Satan.”

I apologize that I am not meant to patronize you but because it is based on the command to help each other in kindness and piety as in the word of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala in sura Al Maidah 5:2

 وَالسَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ 

 

Back to Top
Atra View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 27 March 2018
Status: Offline
Points: 19
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 5:23am
Jazakallahu Khair,

You also gave me answer to another issue I have and it's also anxiety, MashaAllah! 

Now let me just clarify these:

Here are some ways to treat anxiety disorders, including:

1.    Do not care: if anxiety disease is served, then the disease will continue to grow.  OK, I think I got it

2.    Take an opposite attitude to what you doubt (please ask me if it is unclear). - Example: If I'm afraid that something bad would happen to me, I should switch it to believe that something good will happen by Allah's will and Mercy?

3.    Keep practicing with patience : one of the motivations you may cultivate in your heart is all the feelings of anxiety that arise in you is actually one of the forms of temptation of satan, and the effort you are undertaking to eliminate the anxiety is also your attempt to resist the temptation of the satan with patience, or indeed you are doing jihad, and if the struggle against this Satanic temptation is accompanied by sincere intentions of Allah and following the sunna of Prophet Muhammad Shallallaahu ' Alaihi Wasallam, Insha Allah you will get a change and reward from Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala. - Got it

4.    Often ask for protection from Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala from the temptation of Satan. - I do

5.    Worship by searching for his true knowledge: a Muslim who has a true knowledge of worship, besides he will be able to eliminate those feelings, he will also achieve blessing from Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala. - I do, but also I have many deep thoughts, like - I can be tempted by Allah with this and that. The fact is that I was under severe trials from Allah for around 7 years, as mentioned in Quran (I was very sick, very poor, all alone) and these trials ended alhamdulillah and yes, I grew into very much wiser and knowledgeable person, but I'm afraid of being tried again after getting amazing life after years. 


Conclusion - I should be relaxed and rely on Allah's Mercy, right? 


Again, Jazakallahu Khair!

Back to Top
asep garut View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 November 2017
Location: Indonesia
Status: Offline
Points: 276
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 7:47pm
اَلسَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ

My brother Altra,

The following is what is meant in items 2 and 5:

If a bad feeling will happen to you, then immediately find a solution to fight it if the bad feeling really comes up to you, in other words preventive is better than secure.

Remember that the teachings of Islam never make it difficult for humans. In fact, Islam is present in the earth to provide ease and way out of difficulties that exist. Therefore, all attitudes that tend to exaggerate and complicate themselves in religion is not justified.

Allah Almighty says in the Qur'an that anxiety is actually a satanic venture to harass a Muslim in order not to have sincerity in his worship, or to be able to doubt something that is obvious in religious teachings, as has been described in an an-Nas 4.5 and 6.

Qaidah Fiqhiyah states that:

الْيَقِينُ لَا يُزَالُ بِالشَّكِّ

"A belief cant be removed with a doubt"

Therefore, it is clear that something that is only based on feelings of anxiety can not be a guide to decide that a worship will be canceled, because there is no good from a job if we do it with anxiety.

I've explained before that one to get rid of the feeling of misgivings is to fight or defy feelings of anxiety itself by always remembering that excessive caution for no good reason will cause feelings of anxiety, it actually comes from syeitan. Prophet sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam said:

"The sense of anxiety, fear and excessive worry it all comes from the devil." (Mutafaq 'alaihi)

Even Muslim scholars claim that doubt in worship is a mirror of not believing in his religion. Therefore, Do not get accustomed to doing things that make you hesitate, do it with a positive belief, ask for help to God with confidence that your prayer will be granted by God, because God will not grant the prayer of a servant who came out from a neglected heart (Al-Hadith). What is meant by "negligent" here includes anxiety disorder.

You say "but I'm afraid of being tried again after getting amazing life after years."

Do not have the feeling to guess the future as if you already believed, but what will happen tomorrow we do not know (except Allah), and we must remember that the feeling of fear of the future is a prayer because God will see what is whispered in the heart of His servants.

You say "I should be relaxed and rely on God's Mercy, right?

Do not be like that, because in psychology it is a despairing character.

Try to include in your prayers (du'a) as below:

اَللَّهُمَّ £َعِذْنِي مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ، اللَّهُمَّ £َجِرْنِي مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ، اَللَّهُمَّ احْفَظْنِي مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ، اَللَّهُمَّ £َعِنِّي عَلَى ذِكْرِكَ وَشُكْرِكَ وَحُسْنِ عِبَادَتِكَ، اَللَّهُمَّ احْفَظْنِي مِنْ مَكَائِدِ عَدُوِّكَ الشَّيْطَانِ،

"O Allah, protect me from the devil. O Allah, guard me from the devil. O Allah, help me to remember You (dhikr to You), to give thanks to You and worship to You. O Allah, guard me from the deceit of thy enemy (that is) Satan. "

Hopefully this description will be beneficial to you, and only Allah can change human heart.

 وَالسَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ 

 

 

Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.