IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What does Islam say about Near Death Experiences?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What does Islam say about Near Death Experiences?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_Seekr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What does Islam say about Near Death Experiences?
    Posted: 18 March 2018 at 8:24am
Hi everyone, 
Assalamualaikum! 

I have been busy searching for answers for a while and there is something I would like to ask you all about. 

There have been numerous events that have been taking place across the world, where people have apparenly almost 'died' and have been to heaven or hell and what not. Called 'Near Death Experiences', these people are usually given a message to share with the world and what not. 

The interesting thing is that they all have been given the exact same message, which is to love one another, make the world a better place and that's it. 

You can get more information about these events from the website, 
 For conclusions about these events from the study of multiple NDEs, you can look up on it here. 

One Muslim guy named Nasir Siddiki has also spoken about his own NDE.

I wanted to know what does Islam say about this. I am just searching for answers. 

Thanks to all of you. 
 - Truth_Seekr
asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2018 at 6:00pm
Wa’alaikumussalaam Truth Seekr,

Allah says in sura 39:42

“It is Allah Who takes away the souls at the time of their death, and those that die not during their sleep. He keeps those (souls) for which He has ordained death and sends the rest for a term appointed. Verily, in this are signs for a people who think deeply.”

In such verse there is Allah’s Word : “....and sends the rest for a term appointed.”

And that's where NDE where the message is given.

I have met some people who have experienced what Nasir Siddiki experienced, and they experience almost all the same messages received, not just to love one another but also other experiences.

Tobias View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2018 at 11:38am
Hi TS.

It's a very good question you pose and the answer is simplistic yet mindblowing depending upon what level of the rabbit hole you have arrived to.

A good source of information as regards NDEs would be a chap named Doctor Raymond Moody. He wrote a book called life after life,,   also available in audio form.

As far as my 30 year research into the world and everything in it is concerned, The most likely scenario that gives rise to our experience here is that all we see, hear, touch, taste, and smell comes purely from an energetic field of consciousness,,   Some call it the oneness.
This goes to say that there is no such thing as matter.. No trees or mountains,, Rivers or seas.
We are collectively creating our environment as we go along in a format that is only perceptions.

Take into consideration that all our experiences are given to our individual consciousness via electrical impulses to the brain then it becomes difficult to deny the possibility.

I have more than a suspicion that beyond this perception and out of the box we do have a creator that brought to life this hologram we call life...

I also have more than a suspicion that when our bodies die we merely wake up from the dream and return to our real domain.   
Maybe the story of Alice in wonderland was trying to tell us something.

I myself came very close to death a couple of years ago and during these moments i had a feeling of resignation and calmness that came from nowhere..   Perhaps I was not dead enough to have the classic visuals as pointed out by Dr Moody.
According to his research , One has to be clinically dead to experience the tube and the floating but I did not go that far.   Although I do regard my feelings at that time to be a suitable precursor to such a state.

It is still believed by many cultures around the world that this life is only transient and the fear of death only really has a stronghold in western society...

Keep searching for your truth by following your heart.

Blessings..

Truth_Seekr View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_Seekr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2018 at 9:41pm
Hi there! 
Thanks a lot for your opinions ... It would be great if more people can look this up and give their views. 

- Truth_Seekr

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2018 at 4:17pm
You're welcome Truth Seekr,...hopefully there will be good response..
Truth_Seekr View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_Seekr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2018 at 6:55pm
Hi there!
There seems to be little to no activity.
Are you having any other insights into this?

- Truth_Seekr

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 2:44am
Originally posted by Truth_Seekr Truth_Seekr wrote:

Hi there!
There seems to be little to no activity.
Are you having any other insights into this?

- Truth_Seekr

Truth_Seekr,
It seems that this NDE problem is rarely the person who experiences it, because it is the will of Allah that is not given to many people.

ZAHRA1234 View Drop Down
Female islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZAHRA1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2018 at 3:19am
jazak Allah khair for sharing such information thanks 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic