IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Argument for God's Existence  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Argument for God's Existence

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidroemer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Argument for God's Existence
    Posted: 10 March 2018 at 2:22am
The argument for God's existence is based on the scientific fact that human beings did not evolve from animals and are finite beings. Finite beings need a cause. Assuming the universe is intelligible means an infinite being (God) exists. 
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2018 at 9:35am
@David

Quote The argument for God's existence is based on the scientific fact that human beings did not evolve from animals
Interesting. Could you do me the favor and prove your claim by citing a supporting article either from "Nature" or "Science" which are the two top scientific journals.

Edited by airmano - 10 March 2018 at 9:35am
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2018 at 7:50am
1, It is not at all a scientific fact as you want it to be.

It is a scientific fact that we have common ancestors with the remianing apes. We are one of the apes. The upright walking naked ape. The one who does lots of tool use and social interaction, more of that than any other creature.

2, I am not sure what you mean by finite being. Please elaborate. What is not a finite being?

davidroemer View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidroemer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 4:03am
And certain properties of the human brain distinguish our species from all other animals. The human brain is, after all, the only known collection of matter that tries to understand itself. To most biologists, the brain and the mind are one and the same; understand how the brain is organized and how it works, and we’ll understand such mindful functions as abstract thought and feelings. Some philosophers are less comfortable with this mechanistic view of mind, finding Descartes’ concept of a mind-body duality more attractive. (Niel Campbell and Jane Reece, Biology,4th edition, p.776)
davidroemer View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidroemer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 4:06am
Homo sapiens evolved from animals. Homo sapiens are hypothetical creatures without free will and the conscious knowledge of human beings, as opposed to the sense knowledge of animals. 

Human beings are finite beings. I exist and you exist, but I am not you and you are not me. Our existence is limited to ourselves. We are finite beings. 
asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 9:23pm

I agree that humans are finite creatures and human ancestors are different from ape ancestors, for example that humans can innovate while the animals do not, that's what distinguishes between humans and animals.

Although humans can innovate with the power of their science, but there's still the limit.

What is in this universe is not all can be traced by science, for example the Spirit within each of us, I think it can not be investigated by science, it's a proof that human ability is limited and it's the existence of God,  something will exist because there is that makes it.

airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 3:55am
@David

Once more: your claim is based on 
" The argument for God's existence is based on the scientific fact that human beings did not evolve from animals"

Could you please cite the scientific article(s) (from renowned journals) supporting your "scientific fact" ? 

Thanks -II  Airmano

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Asep
Quote for example that humans can innovate while the animals do not, that's what distinguishes between humans and animals.
Many animals know how to make/use tools - which is clearly inventive. So you can not use this as an argument.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by airmano airmano wrote:

@David

Once more: your claim is based on 
" The argument for God's existence is based on the scientific fact that human beings did not evolve from animals"

Could you please cite the scientific article(s) (from renowned journals) supporting your "scientific fact" ? 

Thanks -II  Airmano

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Asep
Quote for example that humans can innovate while the animals do not, that's what distinguishes between humans and animals.

Many animals know how to make/use tools - which is clearly inventive. So you can not use this as an argument.

Man can find science while animals do not.

Man can make decisions based on their brain, feeling, intuition, revelation, have you found animals  behave like that?

Man can plan their future, is the animal also like that?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic