IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ask me anything: Roman Catholic Edition  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ask me anything: Roman Catholic Edition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 7:05pm
I believe in Jesus Christ(Pbuh)and it's a part of my faith but I believe he is our prophet,so according to this verse I would be not harmed if I am poisoned so my simple question is please explain directly this verse to me!!!
Peace maker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2018 at 11:56am
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

I believe in Jesus Christ(Pbuh)and it's a part of my faith but I believe he is our prophet,so according to this verse I would be not harmed if I am poisoned so my simple question is please explain directly this verse to me!!!

You are a not folower of Jesus so if you are poisoned you will die its the law nature God's law you do not put faith in God through Jesus you do not believe God have a Son.
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2018 at 11:41pm
@Luke

One of the major points our Muslim friends get excited about is trinity.

Would you be able to lay down in a couple of words (and preferably without too many bible citations) a concise definition of "Trinity" ?

Are you actually aware, that at the beginning of Christianity, Arianism - much closer to the Muslim point of view - was the predominant line in Europe ?

Thanx: Airmano

Edited by airmano - 16 February 2018 at 11:51pm
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
Luke6_37 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luke6_37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2018 at 8:37am

This verse does not claim to offer protection to ALL who believe. It simply says that certain signs will accompany those who believe - meaning some among the believers will receive these gifts and miracles as a sign to others of the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It doesn't say everyone who believes in Jesus Christ will receive them. Therefore, it is best not to test it!

In a more general sense, it sounds like you are wondering whether a Muslim, who believes Jesus Christ is a prophet, would also receive the graces that are promised in scripture to those who believe Jesus Christ is the Divine Word of God.

Some Christians (like Peace Maker) would say NO, scripture clearly states that in order to receive the gift of God's grace and eternal life, you must believe that Jesus is 1) the Divine Word of God, 2) who died on the cross for our sins and 3) was raised from the dead.

Roman Catholics think a bit differently about this. We believe that those who believe Jesus is 1) the Divine Word of God, 2) who died on the cross for our sins and 3) was raised from the dead, will receive God's grace and eternal life. This is the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a nutshell. However, Catholics also believe that God does what He wills. Therefore, if God wants to give the gift of grace and eternal life to someone who does not believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ, then that is what will happen. Muslims are top on the list of those who are likely to receive such grace.

Quote The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day. - Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraph 841

Here is a story to help explain what I mean:

Imagine you are standing at the edge of a frozen river covered in a deep fog and you need to cross over in order to be forever safe for all eternity with God. You can try to cross on your own and you might make it if God chooses to guide you. However, right next to you is a bridge that Jesus has built that offers a sure Way across the river. You can either put your faith in Jesus and take the sure Way, or attempt the treacherous crossing on your own.

Roman Catholics believe that the bridge in the story is the Catholic Church that Jesus said he would build in Matthew 16:18.

Edited by Luke6_37 - 18 February 2018 at 8:21am
Luke6_37 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luke6_37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2018 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Peace maker Peace maker wrote:

We must seek the wisdom of God and not the wisdom of this world which is foolishness and will bring us no where.

Absolutely!

The Churches went and seek their own wisdom and moved away from God's wisdom they set up their rules and regulations in the churches and fail to place God's rules in place and follow His laws and rules.

When interpreting Paul's words, do not forget to do so in light of what Jesus himself taught us.

Jesus said he would build a Church that would endure and that is what he did.

"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." - Matthew 16:18

The Catholic Church has certainly had its ups and downs. It is made up of human beings, like you and me, who are weak and imperfect. The only reason it has not failed is because the Holy Spirit has always been there to guide it. The Church Christ founded has endured for 2,000 years and will continue to endure until he returns at the end of time.

Throughout the ages, the Catholic Church has continued to grow in wisdom and understanding of Divine Revelation - exactly as Jesus said it would. (John 16: 12-13) The 16th century reformers did much to realign the Church and at the Council of Trent their arguments were taken under serious consideration. What was good was retained and what was bad was rejected.

We study the scriptures but wisdom came from God through Christ and the Holy spirit and not the wisdom of this world.

That's right. Wisdom comes through Christ and the Holy Spirit, but not to the individual. Christ established a Church that would represent the Kingdom of God, which is not of this world (John 18:36). This is the Church that gave us the scriptures - including the letters of Paul. Christ sent Paul to establish his Church among the gentiles, but these churches were united under the authority of the Apostles (Acts 15). They were responsible for producing the 27 books of the New Testament that all orthodox Christians use for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

Do not forget that Jesus wants all who believe in him to be united so that we may witness the truth of the Gospel to the world (John 17:20-23). If you truly wish to do as Christ wills, you cannot do so on your own, but must be in communion with his Church.
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2018 at 4:04am
I had seen so many Christians died of snake poisoning,Allah is the only one to be worshipped because Allah is one he is eternal he is neither born nor give birth there is nothing like him.
﴿سورة البقرة ٢٥٥﴾ اللَّهُ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ ۚ لَا تَأْخُذُهُ سِنَةٌ وَلَا نَوْمٌ ۚ لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ ۗ مَنْ ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِنْدَهُ إِلَّا بِإِذْنِهِ ۚ يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ ۖ وَلَا يُحِيطُونَ بِشَيْءٍ مِنْ عِلْمِهِ إِلَّا بِمَا شَاءَ ۚ وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ ۖ وَلَا يَئُودُهُ حِفْظُهُمَا ۚ وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ

[Quran 2:255] Allah! There is no god except He, the Living, the Everlasting. Neither slumber overtakes Him, nor sleep. To Him belongs everything in the heavens and everything on earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His permission? He knows what is before them, and what is behind them; and they cannot grasp any of His knowledge, except as He wills. His Throne extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation does not burden Him. He is the Most High, the Great.

https://goo.gl/k3Q5pV
Peace maker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2018 at 3:17pm

I had seen so many Christians died of snake poisoning,Allah is the only one to be worshipped because Allah is one he is eternal he is neither born nor give birth there is nothing like him.
﴿سورة البقرة ٢٥٥﴾ اللَّهُ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ ۚ لَا تَأْخُذُهُ سِنَةٌ وَلَا نَوْمٌ ۚ لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ ۗ مَنْ ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِنْدَهُ إِلَّا بِإِذْنِهِ ۚ يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ ۖ وَلَا يُحِيطُونَ بِشَيْءٍ مِنْ عِلْمِهِ إِلَّا بِمَا شَاءَ ۚ وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ ۖ وَلَا يَئُودُهُ حِفْظُهُمَا ۚ وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ

[Quran 2:255] Allah! There is no god except He, the Living, the Everlasting. Neither slumber overtakes Him, nor sleep. To Him belongs everything in the heavens and everything on earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His permission? He knows what is before them, and what is behind them; and they cannot grasp any of His knowledge, except as He wills. His Throne extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation does not burden Him. He is the Most High, the Great.

https://goo.gl/k3Q5pV

What type of Christians faithless you seen many where?

Do all religions lead to God? No. All people�religious or otherwise�will stand before God some day (Hebrews 9:27), but religious affiliation is not what determines your eternal destiny. Only faith in Jesus Christ will save. �Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life� (1 John 5:12). It�s as simple as that. Only Christianity�faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ�leads to God�s forgiveness and eternal life. No one comes to the Father except through the Son (John 14:6). It does make a difference what you believe. The decision to embrace the truth about Jesus Christ is important. Eternity is an awfully long time to be wrong.
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2018 at 11:42am
@Luke

Any news on the trinity ?

Airmano
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic