IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Maybe goodbye!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Maybe goodbye!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maybe goodbye!
    Posted: 05 April 2005 at 10:33am

Our home computer is experiencing difficulties and may break down soon.  If I seem to disappear one day, you can assume it has broken!  Husband says he doesn't think he'll buy a new one.  So...it's been nice and I'll stay as long as the old PC keeps working!  Best to everyone.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 10:41am
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

Our home computer is experiencing difficulties and may break down soon.  If I seem to disappear one day, you can assume it has broken!  Husband says he doesn't think he'll buy a new one.  So...it's been nice and I'll stay as long as the old PC keeps working!  Best to everyone.

Peace, ummziba.

I am a tech.

Do you want some advise? What problems are you experiencing?

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 11:12am

Thanks Blond!  But I am not "computer-literite".  I think it is called a cu or cp unit?  The large box inside that contains a fan.  The fan is broken from its base and husband glued it back, so far it is sticking!  Apparently this is most expensive part to replace.  Our old computer came apart at that place which made fixing the fan easy, this one does not allow easy access at all!  But, any suggestions would be welcome!  Thanks so much.

Peace, ummziba.

blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 11:31am
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

Thanks Blond!  But I am not "computer-literite".  I think it is called a cu or cp unit?  The large box inside that contains a fan.  The fan is broken from its base and husband glued it back, so far it is sticking!  Apparently this is most expensive part to replace.  Our old computer came apart at that place which made fixing the fan easy, this one does not allow easy access at all!  But, any suggestions would be welcome!  Thanks so much.

Peace, ummziba.

A fan costs nothing and you can even by the screws just to replace that glue. Your local library will have a book and cd book showing pictures of how to change all the parts on a pc. It is called A+ certification. Its easy!

Since your pc is junk, you don't have to worry about breaking it.

By the way, what does your name mean? It is very nice to say... Ummmmmmziba!

Edited by blond
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 11:40am

Thanks again Blond!  I will tell my husband and we shall look into it.

My name means Ziba's mother or mother of Ziba.  Actually, Ziba is my cat.  Ziba is a Farsi name that means beautiful, umm is Arabic for mother (it is a multicultural world, after all!).  And yes, Ziba is beautiful and her name does roll off the tongue so nicely!

Thanks for your help, may Allah reward you.

Peace, ummziba.

Mustafaa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustafaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 4:34am

I love the conversation in this thread.

Your brother Mustafaa

There is no deity but Allah. Muhammad is the (last) Messenger of Allah.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 4:28pm

Salam,

You can get very good brand new computer just for $250.00 (after rebate), just go to compusa, circuitcity etc, before you go there just research the pricing on this:

www.salescircular.com this site shows current promotion on your local store.

Good luck.

Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2005 at 3:31am

Thanks for the advice! 

Peace, ummziba.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic