IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Greetings from Pmb  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greetings from Pmb

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greetings from Pmb
    Posted: 17 December 2017 at 3:34am
Greetings everyone!

I live in the USA. I learned some Islam while in college and later on my own. I don't know nearly as much as I'd like to.

Living in the USA I've been affected by the events on 9-11 and more directly to the Boston Marathon bombing. One of the planes that terrorists who flew into the trade center buildings came from Logan airport, the airport I've used most in my life. I've been to Boston many times and walked the same streets that were bombed so there are terrorists where I come from.

I was radically offended by the accusations by Americans who blame Islam and Muslims for all this terrorism. Its my understanding that these terrorists drastically misinterpret/twist what the Quran says to fit their needs and justify their murdering rampage. I'm also irritated by Christians who claim that Muslims worship Allah and not "their" God. That's just plain ignorance. The greatest faiths on the planet, i.e. Judaism, Christianity and Islam, all worship the same god. i.e. the God of Abraham. It saddens me a great deal that so many Americans are so darn ignorant.

That's why I'm here in fact. I want to make certain that I know exactly what I'm talking about when I attempt to educate others on what Islam really is all about.

I want to ask everyone here who has the patience to help me meet this goal. Thank you all very much for this opportunity.
asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 4:26pm

Dear Pete,

Islam does not advocate its followers to do radicalism because it will contradict with some of the words of Allah in the Qur'an, precisely Islam is a teaching as rahmatan lil 'alamin (grace for the whole of nature) to be decorated with wise behavior as stated in the Qur'an.

A terrorist act is the same as destroying the teachings of Islam, and there is no commandment of Allah and the Prophet Muhammad to do so. And I think there is no religion in this world that teaches to do radical.

Islam is only allowed to fight if faced with two things that is about aqidah and expelled from the country of residence (Qur�an 60:8)

Someday, people will know that the terrorist is actually coming from where.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic