IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - want to separate  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

want to separate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msadiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: want to separate
    Posted: 10 December 2017 at 6:23am
hi,
i have only been married one month but my husband has not maintained me for even one day of our marriage. He is a student and still depends on his parents. I guess I was niave to think he would get a job and work to support me after marriage.
He quit praying and fasting.
He lives in my home, the lease under my name and all the possessions are mine. He eats way too much and expects intimacy even though he isn't doing a thing to maintain our life together.
I feel used and disrepected and i want to separate. How do I approach him to ask for a separation until he at least can afford to be married?
I know I should be patient but he is putting a strain on my quality of life and my children lives from a previous marriage because of his lazy and selfish behaviour.
I don't want to continue and in fact i cannot because my income is enough for me and my kids only.
I know he will be sad but he should have been honest with me before the marriage if he didn't want to work now. I never agreed to support him and i specifically told him i expect to have my islamic rights in islam.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic