IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I am curious about converting  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am curious about converting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lookingtoconver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am curious about converting
    Posted: 25 November 2017 at 2:26am
I have always been curious about islam and have only recently been curious about it.
I have a muslim in my workplace and he seems to be one of the better blokes I have ever met honestly and as an aussie that is saying alot.

I don't really want to confide in him or anything like that and I just really wanted to ask is it possible for a christian to convert, I know the religions share the same god and a lot of the doctrines are the same but I really just wanted to ask the people that actually follow it.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 10:30pm
Salam/peace,
There is no restriction to adopt islam as their religion. There is no background check etc to do it, not like to get Ausie or US citizenship.
As long as you agree with the basic concept of God (the ones of God) and believe in all God's prophets including prophet Muhammad please be upon them all you. You can consider as muslim. Even if you don't do any special cermony.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2017 at 3:54am
It's between you and Allah,if you say and believe in this-La illaha illAllah Muhammadurrasoolullah" that if you testify that there is no God besides Allah and prophet Muhammad Saw (Pbuh)is his messenger then you will be muslim
syed_z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2017 at 11:24am
Originally posted by lookingtoconver lookingtoconver wrote:

I have always been curious about islam and have only recently been curious about it.
I have a muslim in my workplace and he seems to be one of the better blokes I have ever met honestly and as an aussie that is saying alot.

I don't really want to confide in him or anything like that and I just really wanted to ask is it possible for a christian to convert, I know the religions share the same god and a lot of the doctrines are the same but I really just wanted to ask the people that actually follow it.

Peace be upon you,

You are most welcome to convert anytime. Just go to the nearest masjid/mosque and ask them you want to take shahadah.

Shahadah means to Witness. Its the following words you have to say in front of Muslims or any Muslim at the masjid:

Ash Hadu An La ilaha illAllah Wa Ash Hadu Anna Muhammadan Rasool Allah

I bear witness that None is worthy of Worship except Allah and I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

By doing so your belief will be what the brother in the above post has mentioned that you believe only God should be worshiped and you believe in all messages brought by all messengers including Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him).

Aishashk View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aishashk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2017 at 1:31am
Salaam, u r most welcome in the Islamic world. Pls reply if u need any further guidance
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic