IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Does western society need more Islam?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does western society need more Islam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dialamah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2018 at 8:28am
Quote For Muslim women, in wearing clothing there is a guide from the Book and their Prophet.

And for Muslim women will get some benefits, among others:

1. Received the reward from God because it is one of His commands.

My sister, who converted to Islam about two decades ago, tells me there is nothing in the Quran requiring women to dress in long, black dresses, with hair and face coverings, yet that is enforced in some countries and in some families. Even the use of the hijab is not required; Allah only instructed the covering of the bosom. If one goes beyond what the Quran instructs, is that not the same as criticizing God?

Quote 2. Avoiding the heat of the sun when it's sweltering.

This would not apply in countries where there is minimal sun; however, in the Middle East it makes some sense.

Quote 3. Avoiding from dust or pollution so that the hair will be kept clean.

Many women who do not wear head coverings also manage to keep their hair clean; I think this reason is a stretch. I think that hair loss due to hijab wearing would be of greater concern to both men and women. There is also documented evidence that women who wear head coverings and "modest dress", regardless of religion, tend to suffer from Vitamin D deficiency. Is this information on the negative effects of covering well known and understood among Muslim women?      

Quote 4. To cover personal disgrace.

I'm sorry, I do not understand how 'clothing' can cover personal disgrace. Unless one is implying that the mere fact of being female is a 'disgrace'.

Quote 5. Avoiding negative views, especially in a predominantly Muslim countries, if not following the shari'ah of Islam will lead to various prejudices such as a naughty woman, cheap woman etc.

It's foolish to think that just because a woman is wearing 'certain' clothing she is purer. An adulteress can wear a burka just as well as a non-adulteress can wear a bikini. One's morality is not controlled by one's clothing.

But aside from that:
In Western countries a hijab, burka or niqab can all make the women targets for those who consider Muslims unacceptable in their countries. Would not Allah want His followers to be safe from 'negative views' in any country? Especially given that Allah doesn't even require the wearing of these items.

Do not misunderstand me: in Canada, I support the right of Muslim (and all) women to dress as they wish. I even find some of the hijabs attractive. However, I dislike the idea that women around the world are misled into believing this is a requirement of Islam when really it is not: it's the requirement of men who wish to control women and who will use religion to do so.

Edited by dialamah - 12 February 2018 at 8:33am
asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2018 at 4:12pm

dialamah,

It is true that in the Qur'an does not require long dress and black color, in the Qur'an one of them is as follows:

�O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies. That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable woman) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.� (33:59)

In that verse there is the word "Khumur" which generally explains the obligation to cover the head (hair), chest and neck with something like a veil.

In a hadith the Prophet Muhammad said:

"Truly a woman if she is baligh (adult), then it should not be visible from her limbs except this and this (he hinted his face and palms). [Narrated by Abu D�wud, no. 4104 and al-Baihaqi, no. 3218. This hadith is authenticated by shaykh al-Alb�ni rahimahullah]

From both sources it can be concluded that visible are the face and the palms.

Even if your country does not apply it, what about God command ? Will it reject the command of God?

From what you say is only human opinion, whereas if God commands something, it is certainly good for His servant because God will not harm His servant.

I want to ask you, if you go out in a dressed-up fashion like the breasts, the thighs are visible to others, I'm sure there are some people who look you with negative assumptions.

Wearing hijab is a command of God, but if there is a Muslim woman who has been veiled and her behavior is negative, then that is not Muslim, hijab is only one of God's commandments, while there are still many others commands, one of those is good behavior.

Islam is forbidden to force non-Muslims to participate like Muslims do because there is the word of their Lord, Muslims duty is to convey the truth of Allah, good Muslims will obey the commands of Allah than the others. A fact proves that in some countries that initially rejected veiled women, but now you can see by yourself.

Ebrahim786 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ebrahim786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2018 at 11:48pm
وعليكم السلام
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ
I believe so because Islam fixes and removes a lot of the negatives to our societies even down to things such as Childhood obesity, Drug Abuse, Racism, Crime, Ignorance and the list goes on. And actually I believe the west is the only place a truly Islamic society could function because we see in so many so called Muslim countries such as Pakistan, Libya, Saudi Arabia and Egypt that the people in power will use the Religion as a means to rally the support of the people but when in control will abandon the Religion we see this in the Bidah (Innovations) of the Muslims of Pakistan, The Racist slavery taking place in Libya, The thirst for wealth and power in Saudi Arabia and the Abandonment of Islamic influence in Egypt.
akthus View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akthus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2018 at 7:13am
Religion should be a personal choice.

How someone dresses is their personal choice.

Personal freedom should never be taken away and the Saudi model is not a desirable way to live.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 12:14am
Originally posted by akthus akthus wrote:

Personal freedom should never be taken away and the Saudi model is not a desirable way to live.

Yes ... in embracing a religion there is no compulsion, and in this world there will be many religions, we can not reject it because it is a sunnatullah (a will of Allah).

Islamic teachings are not just for a nation or middle eastern person, but for rahmatan lil 'alamin for whoever wants to follow it. For example, I am a Muslim not from the Middle East, which I follow not because of the performance of the clothing or the material model, but what I follow is Allah's command to cover the aurat (nakedness) and that has been spoken by His Prophet.

There are many ways and models to cover aurat in accordance with personal desires but not against Islamic sharia.

Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 1:54am
Originally posted by asep garut asep garut wrote:

Yes ... in embracing a religion there is no compulsion, and in this world there will be many religions, we can not reject it because it is a sunnatullah (a will of Allah).

Islamic teachings are not just for a nation or middle eastern person, but for rahmatan lil 'alamin for whoever wants to follow it. For example, I am a Muslim not from the Middle East, which I follow not because of the performance of the clothing or the material model, but what I follow is Allah's command to cover the aurat (nakedness) and that has been spoken by His Prophet.

There are many ways and models to cover aurat in accordance with personal desires but not against Islamic sharia.

So is it OK for me not to follow Islam?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

yes .... because there is no compulsion to be a Muslim as in His word. The duty of Muslims is only to convey the truth of Allah's teaching and the result is only Allah who has "Hidayah" (guidance)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic