IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - emotions  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

emotions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: emotions
    Posted: 27 March 2006 at 3:58am

assalamualaikum muslim friends

this topic is important so read carefully and try to understand.

Prophet Muhammad ( may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him ) never used to keep pictures of animate objects or of living things at home, and used to tear those pictures and throw them away.

a tradition says that on the day of judgement, the artists who used to draw the pictures of animated objects and living things in this world, they will be asked to give life to those pictures which they drew, and those artists will not be able to do so, then Allah will punish them for what they did in the world.

thus, keeping pictures of animate objects and of living things is a sin, and also drawing diagrams of animate objects and living things is a sin.

now a days, while chatting and communicating with people on net, a lot of emoticons are used, for example, smileys, to express the emotion of smile.

the thing i want to say is that even these emoticons are pictures of animate objects. we should not use them in our chat or communication with other people.

we can express our emotions by the wordings of our statement.

masha Allah since i joined this forum i have not used any emoticons

Allah knows best

It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 4:46am

Are you kidding? You think you will be punished for drawing a picture of something?

Have you ever posted any type of proof for your statements? I've asked before in other threads but you seem to ignore those posts but if at all possible could you show where you have been getting your information? Most of what you post is easilly proven wrong but since I'm not a muslim I can't really say I know one way or another on this issue, it's just hard to believe.

Edited by ops154
Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 6:08am
First of all, please tell me ops what is you religion. are you a muslim?
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 6:09am
tell me ops what is your religion. are you a muslim?
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 6:10am

Bismillah,

Subhanna Allah, Brother Salman.  Please don't be offended or take it personally if we do not comply with your request.  I had a dear friend whom I love follow this so that when she homeschooled her kids, she would not put a smiley face on their papers for this reason you have stated.  Years later, I went to visit and they were watching popular pg rated movies.  Hmmm.

Many people take things literally as you and she, but I don't.  Sorry.  I like the picture of the horsey on my bathroom wall.  And you yourself must be aware that many, many Muslims don't agree with you.  Haven't you been to the homes where they have blown up, huge pictures of their kid's pictures on the wall?  And the homes of the families of martyrs have huge pictures in every room of their fallen loved one?

But you can have pictures of trees and lakes and none of kitties if you like.  We don't mind at all.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 6:10am
Originally posted by ops154 ops154 wrote:

Are you kidding? You think you will be punished for drawing a picture of something?

Have you ever posted any type of proof for your statements? I've asked before in other threads but you seem to ignore those posts but if at all possible could you show where you have been getting your information? Most of what you post is easilly proven wrong but since I'm not a muslim I can't really say I know one way or another on this issue, it's just hard to believe.

only a disbiliever can give such a response to my topic.

salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 6:12am
Since you are not a muslim, I suggest you ops to read books on Islam and then make statements as you did.
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 6:26am

You don't read any books on Islam and then you say that I am making false statements. Ask any Muslim scholar or Imam regarding this topic ( if Allah wills ) and insha Allah you will get to know i am telling truth or lie.

You think I am making all false statements.

Allah knows that i am telling truth or lie.

I fear Allah.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic