IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - emotions  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

emotions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 12:35pm
ook thanx
ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by salman salman wrote:

You don't read any books on Islam and then you say that I am making false statements. Ask any Muslim scholar or Imam regarding this topic ( if Allah wills ) and insha Allah you will get to know i am telling truth or lie.

You think I am making all false statements.

Allah knows that i am telling truth or lie.

I fear Allah.

First off, If you were to of read my post you will see the that I said I was not muslim and that is why I asked. I didn't say you make false statements about islam, actually you don't usually post about islam it's usually about bad mouthing the US. From those statements I said you were wrong, I have said nothing about you being wrong when you speak about islam. I know as much about Islam as you know about the US, which is nothing. Personnely I don't don't really believe in any god as I can see religion is a way to keep the masses down to a managable force, whether it's Budda, Christ, Allah, etc. Although it seems like it's true I still don't understand it, why no drawings?

Please take the time to read this post before responding, if that's not to much to ask.

Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 5:51pm

Assalamu Alaikum:

It is believed by most scholars that Allah did not want Muslims to follow the way of other religions: praying to statues, worshipping pictures of saints or religious relics/artifacts, etc....

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
firewall3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 6:20pm

Assalamu'alaikum,

Narrated 'Aisha: The Prophet entered upon me while there was a curtain having pictures (of animals) in the house. His face got red with anger, and then he got hold of the curtain and tore it into pieces. The Prophet said, "Such people as paint these pictures will receive the severest punishment on the Day of Resurrection ." [Sahih Bukhari 8.73.130]

Narrated Abu Talha: The Prophet said, "Angels do not enter a house witch has either a dog or a picture in it." [Sahih Bukhari 4.54.539]

link to sahih bukhari (search: picture) here

so the hadiths are clear. if ppl want pretty images, there's always floral motives we can use. the mosque are beautified with flora designs, isn't it? and for me personally, it's more soothing. still, i also found another Hadith i found interesting:

Narrated 'Aisha: I used to play with the dolls in the presence of the Prophet, and my girl friends also used to play with me. When Allah's Apostle used to enter (my dwelling place) they used to hide themselves, but the Prophet would call them to join and play with me. (The playing with the dolls and similar images is forbidden, but it was allowed for 'Aisha at that time, as she was a little girl, not yet reached the age of puberty.) (Fateh-al-Bari page 143, Vol.13)

so if I have a baby, I'd let her play dolls coz Aisha played it. it could be forbidden, but at another context. so i guess we just need to know our limits & be moderate. emoticons are just a way to show u my facial expression. so here's a digital sadaqah!

still honestly, i belive IslamiCity even had this imagery discussion before. coz i think i once asked what about the 3D imageries. I majored computer graphics, so I could build a lot of 3D visuals (i.e. Toy Story, Finding Nemo, video games). i used to be fascinated with it, but now, i'm feeling... i don't know. I'm good at drawing, & God Knows how many pictures I've drawn since I'm a kid. how many cartoons I've made. & my friend drew murals of dinosaurs in our school park. so.. u know..

I guess I'm trying to be careful now. I guess, there are things we can do. but we just need to know our limits. flower, trees, mountains. there's a lot of other images available. 

also about photographs, i think there's a clear difference between drawings and photographs. u need skills to draw that picture. but photography simply uses natural lighting, u just need to click. unless you're idolizing, worshipping, distratcted or starts doing haram things because of a photo, in my humble view, i would accept it. i also don't display family photos in my house. somewhat it feels like someone's eyeing me around.

correct me if i'm wrong, tq!

Edited by firewall3
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by ops154 ops154 wrote:

Originally posted by salman salman wrote:

You don't read any books on Islam and then you say that I am making false statements. Ask any Muslim scholar or Imam regarding this topic ( if Allah wills ) and insha Allah you will get to know i am telling truth or lie.

You think I am making all false statements.

Allah knows that i am telling truth or lie.

I fear Allah.

First off, If you were to of read my post you will see the that I said I was not muslim and that is why I asked. I didn't say you make false statements about islam, actually you don't usually post about islam it's usually about bad mouthing the US. From those statements I said you were wrong, I have said nothing about you being wrong when you speak about islam. I know as much about Islam as you know about the US, which is nothing. Personnely I don't don't really believe in any god as I can see religion is a way to keep the masses down to a managable force, whether it's Budda, Christ, Allah, etc. Although it seems like it's true I still don't understand it, why no drawings?

Please take the time to read this post before responding, if that's not to much to ask.

ops, if you want to know why Islam is a true religion and why all the other religions are false, please visit Islamic sites and gain knowledge about Islam ( if Allah wills ). insha Allah then you will get to know why Islam is perfect, unique and true religion.

Allah has mentioned in the Qur'an ' If any one follows any other religion other than Islam then he is among the losers '.

It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 9:42pm
Islam is the true religion
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 9:54pm

As' Salaamu Alaikum,

I'm not a scholar nor am I going to comment on the saying sof hadith as I understand there are authentic and non-authentic hadith, so that alone tells me that not always how one thing is interpreted is always correct in light of this. Obviously one of the members used the Sahih Bukhari hadith which for most is considered "authentic" I do not know for sure. I too have also heard that images especially of various objects were forbidden.

My take on this is Allahu Alim (God knows) God knows the intentions of the painters. He knows the intentions of those who use calligraphy in the forms of of images (i.e such as humans) as you all can see my picture. I'm not going to say in this matter whther its a sin or not because I don't have enough knowledge on this matter. As I understand it that even the subject of images is debatable and is not universally accepted by all Muslims. It's possible as a Muslim to have concern of certain things in Islam that one finds questionable, even if it is not universally accepted so its hard to not stay within one frame of mind in these types of matters.

I for one as a human being don't believe some artist paint portraits for the purpose of worship for Muslims to use that argumenet is weak. There are many artist who paint because they want to describe the beauty of nature. As any clear thinking person knows that the intention of some art is to capture the beauty. If such an act was a sin why are some people good at creating art? For the Pagan Quraysh they made art of course, but they too also revered their created images. perhpas we may think at the given time of these tribes that having images weren't acceptable since these individuals (The Quraysh) worshipped these images alongside God.

Salman, as your brother in Islam please check yourself in judging others if you want to spread the message of Islam you have to be courteous in spite of someone who may differ on certain topics within Islam. Our repsonse to adversity shouldn't be judgement but more critical input on why it is the way it is in our faith.

salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 10:41pm

If you have any queries or doubts regarding the topic I posted, please ask to islamicity imam ( if Allah wills ).

If Allah wills, Allah will clear your doubts.

www.islamicity.com/qa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic