IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Merit of Supererogatory Salat  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Merit of Supererogatory Salat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Musk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Merit of Supererogatory Salat
    Posted: 12 November 2017 at 11:49am
1- Supererogatory Salat causes Allah to love His servant more. It has been revealed in a Qudsi Hadeeth that Allah, the Exalted, says: �A servant of Mine continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works until I love him. Thus when I love him, I will be his ears which he hears with, his eyes which he sees with, his hands which he holds with and his feet which he walks with. If he asks Me, I shall grant him his request, and if he seeks protection from me, I shall protect him.� [ Source: Al-Bukhari.]

2- Supererogatory prayers make up for the deficiencies in the obligatory prayers. The Prophet ﷺ said: �Indeed, the first thing to be judged of mankind�s deeds on the Day of Resurrection is his As-Salat. Our Lord (Great and Exalted be He) will say to His angels, although He knows better (than them): �Look into the Salat of my servant, did he perfect it or was he deficient in it?� If it was perfected, it will be written so. However, if it is deficient in any way, He (Allah) will say: �Look into his deeds, does he have any supererogatory acts?� If he does, He says: �Make up my servants� obligatory acts from his supererogatory ones,� and the rest of his deeds are treated similarly.� [ Source: Abu Dawud.]

3- Supererogatory Salat is best performed at home

It is better to observe any supererogatory Salat at home than in a mosque, except for those for which praying in congregation is recommended, such as at-Taraweeh in the month of Ramadhan. The Prophet ﷺ said: �Indeed, the best Salat (performed) by a man is that which he observes in his house, except for the obligatory ones.� [ Source: Al-Bukhari.]

salat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic