IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Our universe confined within a dome?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Our universe confined within a dome?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Our universe confined within a dome?
    Posted: 11 November 2017 at 3:49am
I have been taking reference during my learning on the subject of how we perceive our universe and all that it brings to us from revelations and the king James bible..
And these scriptures make very strong indications as to the possibility that we live within a domed firmament under the great sea, And that the stars we see are within this moulten glass dome structure... As is the sun and moon...
So now I am interested to find out if the scriptures of Islam has touched upon a similar subject to this...
Personally,,    I follow no religion but I do believe that there is a basic truth to what religious scriptures are telling us..    
I do believe that we are a creation by design and we have a creator .   Even if we are quite possibly only comprised of pure energy with no material substance whatsoever.
If there is someone here that has knowledge on this subject from the point of view of Islam it would help me greatly to understand more about this place we are experiencing...
Peace for all..
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 11:52pm
﴿سورة الذاريات ٤٧﴾ وَالسَّمَاءَ بَنَيْنَاهَا بِأَيْدٍ وَإِنَّا لَمُوسِعُونَ

[Quran 51:47] We constructed the universe with power, and We are expanding it.

Tobias View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2017 at 2:30am
Yes,, I see that in the Quran.    But is does not stipulate exactly where heaven is or how high it is, According to genesis 1. The begining, it states that a dome firmament or "Vault", Is to be called " Sky". Here in paragraph 6,    
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1

Then I ask the question , Where is heaven? Is it beyond a vault that we are encapsulated in..    The implication of genisis is that the vault is also below the waters of a great sea...     So would heaven be beyond and above the surface of this great sea?

I would suggest that the Quran is accurate in using the word "We" as a creator,,    As the "We". Referred to is all of us as a singularity,,    our natural state of energy..
I do find confusion from the Quran when it states that heaven is expanding .. I can understand that we are expanding the heavens through our discovery of the 3 dimensional, Duality that we are experiencing. But then I refer to the expansion of awareness,,   Not a physical expansion of outer space.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic