IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is Ruqya wrong?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is Ruqya wrong?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Ruqya wrong?
    Posted: 22 March 2006 at 7:13pm

Salem,

Someone please clarify or this concern for me.  InshaALLAH.The recitations that I have been doing (because of the dream I had) is it haaram? According to the hadith below I am. But, I have read where Gabriel performed ruqya on Mohammad (pbuh) and many other hadith's that explain how to rid with ALLAH first and oneself second of trickery.

Narrated Ibn Mas'ud that the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said: On the Day of Resurrection nations will be brought. When I see my nation (Ummah) I will be amazed at their multitudes and (distinguished) form. They will have filled up the plain lands as well as the mountains. Allah will ask me: Are you satisfied? I will say: Yes, O my Lord: He will say: Along with these (people), seventy thousand persons (i.e., so many) will enter Paradise without rendering an account. They will be those who neither cure themselves with Ruqya (recitations) nor get themselves branded (cauterized), nor take omens but they instead repose trust in their Lord. Upon this, 'Ukkasha said: Supplicate Allah (sw)that He makes me one among them), the Prophet (pbuh) said: O Allah! Make him one of them. Another person said: Invoke a blessing for me too (that Allah makes me one among them). The Prophet (pbuh) said: 'Ukkasha has preceded you in this matter.

(This Hadith is sound and related by Ibn Hibban)

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:07am

Assalamu Alaikum:

Sister Suzanne, I used to live in Nashville. Can you not go to the Imam at the Islamic Center and ask him about these things? These are very serious matters and should be answered by someone with a lot of knowledge. If the Sheikh is not there, I know he travels a lot, then the Brother who leads the prayers should be able to help you.

If the Sheikh is no longer at the Islamic Center, what about the Kurdish Mosque? There are different Brothers there who are very knowledgeable.

Please seek out someone who can answer all of your questions, and give you the daleel to back up what they are saying.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 2:16am
Assalaamualiakum,

Like Mishmish said, you can ask a local skeikh/imam , the tafseer of this hadeeth. Alternatively, you may benefit from this... Insha Allah...

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: 

These people are praised because they did not ask anyone to recite ruqyah for them, and ruqyah is a type of du�aa�, so they did not ask others to pray for them. The phrase �and they did not recite ruqyah� which is mentioned in the hadeeth is a mistake (on the part of the narrator), for their ruqyah for themselves and for others is a good deed. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) recited ruqyah for himself and for others; he did not ask anyone to recite ruqyah for him. His reciting ruqyah for himself and others was like his making du�aa� for himself and others; this is something that is enjoined, for all the Prophets asked of Allaah and prayed to Him, as Allaah tells us in the stories of Adam, Ibraaheem, Moosa and others. 

Majmoo� al-Fataawa, 1/182

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: 

This phrase is inserted in the hadeeth, but it is a mistake on the part of some of the narrators. Haadi al-Arwaah, 1/89.

Ruqyah is one of the greatest remedies that the believer should use regularly. 

Read the whole article at this link...

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=brows e&QR=3476&dgn=4

Edited by amah
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:52am

Assalamu Alaikum Sister:

I guess I am more concerned about the voices and feelings that you have been experiencing. I think it would help if you had someone there to talk these over with.

Salaams.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic