IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I need some advice  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I need some advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2006 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by ahlam ahlam wrote:

he lives in a $500,000 house.

WOW!

grocery worker = $500,000 house

how?
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2006 at 10:13pm

Asalamu Alakum

I am 17 years old. Recently, my first cousin asked for me. He is a really nice guy. He was raised in Palestine, so he speaks arabic. But I am a little worried because I understand arabic very well but my speaking skills aren't that great. How will I know if we will be able to communicate? I don't know what to do. Please help.

walaikumussalam

recite the dua which prophet Moses (peace be upon him) made to Allah when Allah ordered prophet Moses (peace be upon him) to go to Fir'aun.

the verse is mentioned in the Quran.

pray to Allah.

if Allah wills, Allah will solve your problem.

bayatwp View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayatwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2006 at 11:32am

salaamz alhlam

I suggest you make istikhaarah salaah.Only Allah can guide you towards the corect decision.Also I think that if your parents approve of him then he cant be that bad .Whether he is a grocery worker or not should not concern you unless it means he cant take care of you financially.so inshallah i hope Allah guides you towards the truth!!!whatever it may be 

Abeer23 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2006 at 11:35pm

Don't say no to him, just start working on your spoken Arabic.  You can already understand it so it will be quite easy.   I agree with bayatwp, do istikhara, trust in Allah, and trust in parents too.

Salaam

ahlam View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2006 at 7:08am
I prayed salat al-istikhara and I found myself wanting to marry my cousin but then i had a dream. In my dream my grandparents came from Palestine to the US and my grandma asked me what happened with Mohammed my cousin and there were lots of people at my house and everyone heard her and would think I am engaged to him. Then I went into my room and got so mad that I cried. Is that a sign I shouldn't marry him?
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2006 at 9:49am

I prayed salat al-istikhara and I found myself wanting to marry my cousin but then i had a dream. In my dream my�grandparents came from Palestine to the US and my grandma asked me what happened with Mohammed my cousin and there were lots of people at my house and everyone heard her and would think I am engaged to him. Then I went into my room and got so mad that I cried. Is that a sign I shouldn't marry him?

write to some mufti or scholar.
ahlam View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 8:05am
Do you know any muftis or scholars? Or, do you know where I can find one?
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 8:09am

why don't you contact islamicity imam

www.islamicity.com/qa

It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic