IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hijab  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hijab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:09pm
Yes, people are so nosey at times, it it is infuriating. And backbiting is allowed where you need help or advice, especially when you have been wronged. ofcourse, I do avoid mentioning names when i need advice. Dont want to end up  in hell!
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2006 at 8:24am

Bismillah,

Dear Sisters,

If you do a forum search with the word hijab, you will find many discussions (and arguments) on the topic of hijab.

Backbiting is never allowed, AstagfirAllah.  Maybe you mean "discussing a situation that someone involved wouldn't like you to discuss" for the purpose of getting help or advice is allowed!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2006 at 9:46am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

Dear Sisters,

If you do a forum search with the word hijab, you will find many discussions (and arguments) on the topic of hijab.

Backbiting is never allowed, AstagfirAllah.  Maybe you mean "discussing a situation that someone involved wouldn't like you to discuss" for the purpose of getting help or advice is allowed!

Dear sister,

Gheebah (backbiting) is forbidden. Buhtaan (slandering) and Nameemah (Backbiting to destroy relations) are totally forbidden... Below is article differentiating between all three.
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=brows e&QR=23328&dgn=4

But Gheebah is allowed in six genuine situations, please read article below for details.
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=bro%2 0wse&QR=7660&dgn=4

For nameemah, read article below:

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=bro%2 0wse&QR=26964&dgn=4

Allahu Aalam....
Wassalaam

Edited by amah
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2006 at 11:13am

Bismillah,

"Similarly, if you speak about your brother or someone else to his guardian or to someone who is able to stop him from doing wrong � with the intention of voicing a grievance and asking for help, or because he has taken something from you unlawfully and you want to demand your rights from the guardian of the one who took what is rightfully yours, such as when a man complains about his brother to his father  if he has mistreated him or taken something that belongs to him, in order to have his rights restored to him, or complaining to a ruler or judge of unfair treatment � this is not gheebah. " (From your quoted web site.)

Why don't you start another thread and post your full article on this topic?  It's a nice link.

In English the word backbiting implies only evil and a different word and/or words should be used for clarification, in English, to help English speakers get the meaning intended.

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2006 at 11:22am

Assalamu Alaikum:

From the website:

The sixth is for the purposes of identification: if a person is known by a nickname such as al-A�mash (rheumy-eyed), al-A�raj (lame), al-Azraq (blue), al-Qaseer (short), al-A�maa (blind), al-Aqta� (missing a limb) etc., this is permissible for purposes of identification, but it is haraam to use such names for the purpose of belittling a person, and if it is possible to identify them by using other words, this is better. And Allaah knows best.�

People call me Crazy Cat Lady..... I guess it could be excused as a way of identification....

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2006 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

People call me Crazy Cat Lady..... I guess it could be excused as a way of identification....

That's rude.......they shouldnt call you that....

The sahabi Abu Hurairah (who has quoted most hadeeth)..his real name was  Abdur-Rahman. Since he was a cat lover, he used to be seen with a kitty on his sleeve. So Prophet (saw) lovingly nicknamed him with this kunya "Abu Huraira" meaning father of kitten.  Hardly anyone knows his real name, he is famous with this name! Many sahaba had other kunyas.

Edited by amah
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2006 at 10:34pm

Assalamu Alaikum:

It's a joke that goes back to when I was young and my sister was predicting my future. She said I would end up one of those crazy cat ladies who live alone in a corner house with 75 cats. In America crazy cat ladies are famous....

She was pretty close. I'm not alone, and I don't have 75 cats, yet.....

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
arabia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arabia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2006 at 10:41pm
very interesting mishmish.................
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic