IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hijab  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hijab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:10am
Originally posted by Jenni Jenni wrote:

By the way, people also know I am a Muslim, being white with blue eyes and blond hair, looking scandinavian. And they think I am a traitor to marry a Paki and become a Muslim, no one here can judge anyone elses situation but I know especially when it comes to hijab you all love too!!

who's they?

Edited by ak_m_f
asala126 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asala126 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:30am
Sister Jenni, take it easy please.  We're not fighting, and talking about these things doesn't have to go this way.  I apologize for mentioning such a topic in this fourm.  I was looking for support not criticism.
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:28am
Originally posted by asala126 asala126 wrote:

Sister Amah, thank you for the article, but the link you sent is not displaying anything.  Would you please check it out for me?

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my post, Jazzako Allah Kheer all.

Assalaamu'alaikum,

Sorry about the link.... there is another way to access that page, through the website's homepage.

goto: http://www.alhudapk.com/
Right at the the top of the page, you will see menu boxes in blue and white....click on Reading Material   (right most box)
Scroll down a little and the second article is Hidden Pearls.

Sorry for the inconvenience sister! Do tell me whether it worked.

Wassalaam

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:36am
Sister Asala,
You have our support and so does everyone else Insha Allah. I dont know if there was any "war" before coz i am new.... but we are sisters in deen, lets not forget that.....

Chill gals!!

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:58am

Assalamu Alaikum Sisters:

I was not aware of the "Hijab Wars" either... But I can say that I live in Dallas/Ft. Worth and everywhere you go everyday you see Muslim women in hijab. They are everywhere here. And, most surprisingly, Muslim men in hijab, Masha'Allah. Even when I lived in Nashville most of the Muslim women I knew wore hijab.

Do any of you Sisters sunscribe to Bridges TV? Just curious...

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:06am
I was referring to what they call him, a Paki. That is the reality of what people have said to me. By the way an Arab person I knew found out I was going to marry my husband and said, oh why are  you marrying a Paki? I hate the term, but people say it none the less and I am using it to state how people treat us. I am a traitor and he is a Paki, that is what alot of people where we live think. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:09am
The war is this fight has been played out extensively over and over here and elsewhere. And women can't get over it. My husband has never had a man ask him where his beard is. Or why he doesn't wear traditional clothing, or why he wears a gold wedding ring. However women can't leave each other alone on this one topic. Hijab, and women choose thier friends and social circles by it. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
asala126 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asala126 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:38am
I haven't heard of that war either.  I was just asking what I thought a simple question.  And of course we're all sisters in deen.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic