IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muhammad's Marriage to Aisha  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muhammad's Marriage to Aisha

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SenioraGato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muhammad's Marriage to Aisha
    Posted: 14 October 2017 at 1:32am
Hello everyone. I have heard that Muhammad married Aisha when she was 6 and consummated his marriage with her when she was 9 years old. Some people use this information to accuse Muhammad of pedophilia. Personally, I would not want to rashly judge him of pedophilia when he probably was not a pedophile. After all, I don't see how a pedophile could have founded one of the world's largest religions. I just don't think a pedophile would get that many followers.

So anyway, I have heard that there is actually debate about the age of Aisha at her marriage and consummation. Is this true? What more information can you give me?
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2017 at 7:40pm
This form old post:
https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77

Edited by semar - 26 October 2017 at 7:42pm
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
musliman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musliman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2018 at 6:20pm
No: Our Prophet Muhammad (SAW) was not a Paedophile: His marriage to Aisha (RA) was sanctioned by Allah (God) (SWT).
Allahu Akbar
MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2018 at 9:57pm
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2018 at 1:03am
Originally posted by musliman musliman wrote:

No: Our Prophet Muhammad (SAW) was not a Paedophile: His marriage to Aisha (RA) was sanctioned by Allah (God) (SWT).

So you are allowed to marry a 6 year old, have sex with a child of 9 if Allah say it's OK in this case then?

musliman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musliman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2018 at 5:55pm
Tim the plumber: Allah (SWT) is God: so yes, God said that this was fine; end of story! 

There really doesn't need to be any debate or argument about this! 
Allahu Akbar
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2018 at 8:30am
There is no specific rulling on the age of marraige, that means in term of fiqh (Islamic Jurisprudence), we call it "mubah" you can do it or not do it, so we as communty have room to make some "rulling" to manage it for the betterment for the community (based on local norm and knowledge of benefit and harm doing so etc). Similar case with the age of driving or voting, or having guns on that matter.

Edited by semar - 03 March 2018 at 8:44am
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2018 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by musliman musliman wrote:

Tim the plumber: Allah (SWT) is God: so yes, God said that this was fine; end of story! 

There really doesn't need to be any debate or argument about this! 

Who said that God said it was fine?

I mean if I told you that God had said that you should give me all your money you would not believe me. Why put total faith in this one?

Edited by Tim the plumber - 04 March 2018 at 2:45am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic