IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muhammad's Marriage to Aisha

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2018 at 2:06am
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

... Who said that God said it was fine? 

Tim,

I have already explained, in detail, how you cannot use all the norms of 'today's society' and apply them on a society that existed 1500 years ago... in a far away land. You can refer to it (and this time please read it) here:

And now you are asking where God (Allah SWT) said this... when you actually don't believe in any God. What you should really be asking (and worried) about is: what does the Qur'an say will happen (on the Day of Judgement) to any person who does not believe in Allah (God)?... to which, here is an answer: [69:25]

{25} وَ�£مَّا مَنْ �£وتِيَ كِتَابَهُ بِشِمَالِهِ فَيَقُولُ يَا لَيْتَنِي لَمْ �£وتَ كِتَابِيَهْ

And he that will be given his Record in his left hand, will say: "Ah! Would that my record had not been given to me!

{26} وَلَمْ �£دْرِ مَا حِسَابِيَهْ

"And that I had never realised how my account (stood)!"

{27} يَا ‎لَيْتَهَا كَانَتِ الْقَاضِيَةَ

"Ah! Would that (Death) had made an end of me!"

{28} مَا �£غْنَى عَنِّي مَالِيَهْ

"Of no profit to me has been my wealth!"

{29} هَلَكَ عَنِّي سُلْطَانِيَهْ

"My power has perished from me!"

{30} خُذُوهُ فَغُلُّوهُ

(The stern command will say): "Seize ye him, and bind ye him,

{31} ثُمَّ الْجَحِيمَ صَلُّوهُ

"And burn ye him in the Blazing Fire.

{32} ثُمَّ فِي سِلْسِلَةٍ ذَرْعُهَا سَبْعُونَ ذِرَاعًا فَاسْلُكُوهُ

"Further, make him march in a chain, whereof the length is seventy cubits!

{33} إِنَّهُ كَانَ لَا يُؤْمِنُ بِاللَّهِ الْعَظِيمِ

"This was he that would not believe in Allah Most High,

{34} وَلَا يَحُضُّ عَلَى طَعَامِ الْمِسْكِينِ

"And would not encourage the feeding of the indigent!

Quote ... if I told you that God had said that you should give me all your money...

If I told you that there is an article about you in a notice that is displayed in the Town Hall, would you not go and see what it is saying?... Well I am telling you that there are Verses in the Qur'an that 'fit your description' exactly... so what are gonna do?... wait till it's 'too late'?!!

Edited by MIAW - 04 March 2018 at 2:09am
Sponsored Links

Russell View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Russell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2018 at 8:06pm

It was never right to keep slaves despite the fact that it used to be a common practice, it was never right to treat women as second class yet, again, it has been a common practice and it was never right for an old man to sleep with a 9 year old or a 13 year old, no matter that it may have once been accepted.  If anyone tells you otherwise they are, quite simply, wrong.  If you wish to claim that your god said it was OK then I’d need to hear that from him directly.

Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2018 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by MIAW MIAW wrote:

Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

... Who said that God said it was fine? 

Tim,

I have already explained, in detail, how you cannot use all the norms of 'today's society' and apply them on a society that existed 1500 years ago... in a far away land. You can refer to it (and this time please read it) here:

And now you are asking where God (Allah SWT) said this... when you actually don't believe in any God. What you should really be asking (and worried) about is: what does the Qur'an say will happen (on the Day of Judgement) to any person who does not believe in Allah (God)?... to which, here is an answer: [69:25]

{25} وَ�£مَّا مَنْ �£وتِيَ كِتَابَهُ بِشِمَالِهِ فَيَقُولُ يَا لَيْتَنِي لَمْ �£وتَ كِتَابِيَهْ

And he that will be given his Record in his left hand, will say: "Ah! Would that my record had not been given to me!

{26} وَلَمْ �£دْرِ مَا حِسَابِيَهْ

"And that I had never realised how my account (stood)!"

{27} يَا ‎لَيْتَهَا كَانَتِ الْقَاضِيَةَ

"Ah! Would that (Death) had made an end of me!"

{28} مَا �£غْنَى عَنِّي مَالِيَهْ

"Of no profit to me has been my wealth!"

{29} هَلَكَ عَنِّي سُلْطَانِيَهْ

"My power has perished from me!"

{30} خُذُوهُ فَغُلُّوهُ

(The stern command will say): "Seize ye him, and bind ye him,

{31} ثُمَّ الْجَحِيمَ صَلُّوهُ

"And burn ye him in the Blazing Fire.

{32} ثُمَّ فِي سِلْسِلَةٍ ذَرْعُهَا سَبْعُونَ ذِرَاعًا فَاسْلُكُوهُ

"Further, make him march in a chain, whereof the length is seventy cubits!

{33} إِنَّهُ كَانَ لَا يُؤْمِنُ بِاللَّهِ الْعَظِيمِ

"This was he that would not believe in Allah Most High,

{34} وَلَا يَحُضُّ عَلَى طَعَامِ الْمِسْكِينِ

"And would not encourage the feeding of the indigent!

Quote ... if I told you that God had said that you should give me all your money...

If I told you that there is an article about you in a notice that is displayed in the Town Hall, would you not go and see what it is saying?... Well I am telling you that there are Verses in the Qur'an that 'fit your description' exactly... so what are gonna do?... wait till it's 'too late'?!!

I know that there are veses in the Koran that describe me, the skeptic, just as there are the same sort of verses in the Bible or the communist manifesto which says that only a fool does not believe in the victory of the politeriat.

This is becaue my argument is not new. There have always been those of us who have pointed out that there is no reason to believe any of this.

The notice in the town hall, yes I would go and see it. I would want to check the evidence, to look at it and see if it was offical, what it said, who had written it, what autority it had etc.

If you tell me that there is a notice in a place I cannot check or who's authorship i cannot check why should I take the blindest bit of notice?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic