IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - should Muslims mourn the death of Pope?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

should Muslims mourn the death of Pope?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ataturk_2005 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ataturk_2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: should Muslims mourn the death of Pope?
    Posted: 25 April 2005 at 11:04am
Of course muslims should mourn with the rest of the world, simply by showing its respect towards other religion, especially to a man who reminds people not to turn away from God. After all Islam teaches us to respect other religions not confront them. 
-ArabianKnight- View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ArabianKnight- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2005 at 7:08pm

Its muslims and christians and jews against evil doers of the world ... and everyone against Fezziwig..

Not everything has to be factionalized... or sides taken..

Edited by -ArabianKnight-
THere Is no god, BUT GOD
and Adam was his First Messenger
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fezziwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2005 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

I believe you what you say is true, ArabianKnight.  I am Catholic, and our priests, and even Pope John II, taught that we worship the same God...the Son of Abraham.  We may have doctrinal and ritualistic differences, but we do worship the same God. 

OK, so it's muslims and christians against atheists. Now how about jews? Is it muslim and christians against jews, or is it muslims christians and jews against atheists?

F
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2005 at 11:21am

I believe you what you say is true, ArabianKnight.  I am Catholic, and our priests, and even Pope John II, taught that we worship the same God...the Son of Abraham.  We may have doctrinal and ritualistic differences, but we do worship the same God. 

I haven't posted here for a couple of years.  I needed a break, and had many things going on in my life.  Surgeries, illnesses, and deaths in our family, but I feel it's nice to be back.  And I really like your new website.  It's beautiful and quite user friendly

God's Peace,

Patty

Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ArabianKnight- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 8:55pm

Originally posted by fezziwig fezziwig wrote:

Are you saying that the god of catholicism is compatible in some way with allah? Are there some qualities of the two gods shared in common that legitimize muslims embracing catholics against atheists? and are those bonds stronger than the differences between catholic god and allah that put muslims and catholics in opposition?

Then this alliance of catholic and muslim would have to be an act of judgement which I have not seen discussed anywhere. In principle, at least, such a judgement could go the other way, i.e., align muslim and atheist against catholic.

It seems to me that a foreign god may be a greater threat than no god.

F

Yes Fezziwig I'm saying exactly that.. That the GOD in Catholicism is the same GOD in Islam..

We can go find a convoluted conclusion to satisfy your suppoused claim.. that The God in Catholism is diffrent than the God in Islam.. Pointing to differing attributes here... diffrent way of doing things there.. but in the end of the day.. its the SAME GOD that sent to us - JESUS.. the same GOD that Abraham Worshipped - and the Same God that created the universe..

There cant be 2 gods(one for Islam.. and one for Catholicism) that created the same Universe...

this isnt the american Civil war where Multiple Generals claim to have given the same order to Charge..

It doesnt matter by what name you call God.. I can call him GOD - I can call him Dios.. I can call him Allah. Hey.. I can even call him Yahweh ... or Make UP my OWN language - and then Make up a word for God.. and call him That!..  IT doesnt matter - it doesnt change who or what he Is. You can use God and Allah.. or what not -Interchangably.. I have no idea wehre i'm going with this.. but

if you Worship the God of Abraham.. which both Catholics and Muslims do.. then You are Worshipping the Same God... The One True God. <--- Wow I could have just said that and stoped.. but hmm oh well..

THere Is no god, BUT GOD
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fezziwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 9:53am
Are you saying that the god of catholicism is compatible in some way with allah? Are there some qualities of the two gods shared in common that legitimize muslims embracing catholics against atheists? and are those bonds stronger than the differences between catholic god and allah that put muslims and catholics in opposition?

Then this alliance of catholic and muslim would have to be an act of judgement which I have not seen discussed anywhere. In principle, at least, such a judgement could go the other way, i.e., align muslim and atheist against catholic.

It seems to me that a foreign god may be a greater threat than no god.

F

Edited by fezziwig
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ArabianKnight- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 8:22am
Thats the point fezziwig.. They DOnt believe in an "Opposite God" (Christianity and Judaism)... Some would argue against me - but they can go suck a lemon...
THere Is no god, BUT GOD
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fezziwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 5:54am
Offhand, it would seem to me that a muslim would be more inclined to ally with an atheist, who is neutral about gods, rather than an infidel who believes in a opposition god.

F

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic