IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can Allah change His will?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can Allah change His will?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CupofLemonSoda6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can Allah change His will?
    Posted: 10 October 2017 at 1:33pm
According to my understanding (which may be ill-informed) of Islam, Allah has the power to change His own will. However, Christians believe in--and have argued strongly for--the immutability of God. He is the Unchanging Changer, according to Christians. How would Muslims respond to the argument that God is changeless? For example, the Christian philosopher Edward Feser has written Five Proofs for the Existence of God wherein he argues for the immutability/changelessness of the Creator?

If you know of any good books on Muslim metaphysics that would enlighten me, feel free to tell me about them. But they have to free or cheap.
Ibnahmed View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibnahmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 12:44am
Brother First of all, Allah Himself said, That whatever Allah Wills, He Just say "Kun" & It happens. Secondly, Neither we are allowed to question about the domain which is out of our knowledge nor these Discussions are fruitfull. We accept Allah's attributes as He informed us, We don't question it nor put our Brains into it, as it doesn't benefits in any manner. So, what should our concerns be, is, we are given the abilities to change our Wills. So, let us change wherever we are wronging our selves. :)
hasnain View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male ISLAM
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasnain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2022 at 10:17pm
Allah's will is transient ,

The Holy Imam (A.S.) has proven the accuracy of badaa in which Ahl al-Bayt (A.S.) believe by first quoting the Holy Qur'an, for Allah Almighty said, "So leave them alone, for you shall not be blamed for that,"(Sura Az-Zariyat,Ayah 54) meaning thereby that He intends to annihilate them, then the Almighty, according to the badaa theory, He has said, "So remind, for reminding may avail the believers,"(Sura Az-Zariyat,Ayah 55) which indicates a shift from the first decision as observed from studying the context of both verses. Second, he tries to prove it by traditions narrated from his forefathers from the Messenger of Allah (S.A.W.) who said: "God sent his wahi(revelation) to one of His prophets to inform him that he would die on a particular day, and when that prophet was told so, he pleaded God, the King, while on his bed, saying, `Lord! Postpone my demise till I see my son growing up to carry out my will,' till he fell from his bed, whereupon God sent his wahi again to the same prophet to inform him that He decided to postpone it."It is apparent that badaa in the meaning which we indicated requires no alarm whatsoever and it does not justify waging a campaign of defamation to those who believe in it.
hasnain View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male ISLAM
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasnain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2022 at 10:39pm
you did not reply properly
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic