IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Europe
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Should I marry a foreigner or an Australian Muslim  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Should I marry a foreigner or an Australian Muslim

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voltman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should I marry a foreigner or an Australian Muslim
    Posted: 05 October 2017 at 5:52pm
Salam,

Generally speaking, is it better for 2nd generation Western Muslims to marry other 2nd/3rd/4th etc. generation Western Muslims/reverts or would they be better off marrying someone from abroad from their parents' country instead?

What is the general consensus among the global ummah community today?

Thanks,
Voltman
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2017 at 11:20pm
Marriage is living together with someone for 24x7. So in order to make it work both of you need to do many compromise, so the closer your are in term in culture, habit, tendency will "less work" and "less sacrifice" to be done.
So having said that marry to somebody that come from different land usualy more difficult to be work it out.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2017 at 8:35am
I generally agree with Semar concerning the importance of compatibility, however often men seek women who are like their moms, therefore girls from abroad may still possess traditional norms and values you find praiseworthy in home. That being said, marry those who appeal to you physically, morally, and who you share commonality with.
adeeliqbal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adeeliqbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2017 at 2:07am
Yes, why not. If she is Muslim and you love her then do Nikah. Allah likes this very much. But, you face many challenges in married life. Allah will test you and don't lose hope.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic