IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Introduce Yourselves  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Introduce Yourselves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 1:42am
So, Akhe my brother  Assalamu alaikum  Did the difference of faith in your marriage also cause problems? If so, how did you handle them? My wife and I also have kids from different marriages. I have two daughters from a prior marriage, one has since gotten married and moved out. I live with my wife, her daughter from a previous marriage, my younger daughter, and she has a son who lives with his father in NH. Again, my situation is similar to the one you described. It isn't a life without complications, but most of the time it's the life I've always wanted and thought I'd never have. I'm grateful for the life I have-- I wouldn't trade lives with anyone I can think of offhand. That alone says something. Take care my friend, and thanks again for the help-- Hunter
"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"-- DrDre
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 3:25am

Honzo's post was a crashcourse in how good it is to be a Muslimah. I enjoyed it, Jazakallah.

I bet if Hunter's wife would read/experience all that, her reservations about Islam would be greatly reduced. This is what Islam predominantly is about, unfortunately we get to hear only the Jihad aspect, which is why people form an aversion to it - so I can actually understand why ppl would think that way. Anyway, Goodluck Hunter, Inshallah things shall be better. . Actions speak louder than words, Give it a bit more time and keep up ur patience.

Take Care.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Hunter Hunter wrote:

So, Akhe my brother� Assalamu alaikum� Did the difference of faith in your marriage also cause problems? If so, how did you handle them? My wife and I also have kids from different marriages. I have two daughters from a prior marriage, one has since gotten married and moved out. I live with my wife, her daughter from a previous marriage, my younger daughter, and she has a son who lives with his father in NH. Again, my situation is similar to the one you described. It isn't a life without complications, but most of the time it's the life I've always wanted and thought I'd never have. I'm grateful for the life I have-- I wouldn't trade lives with anyone I can think of offhand. That alone says something. Take care my friend, and thanks again for the help-- Hunter
Wa Alaikum Salaam Rahmatuallah(Mercy of Allah and his Blessings) Brother Hunter.My ex-Wife and I got along well as far as her tolerance of my Deen.She knew I was practicing Islam and inspiring to be Muslim at that time.I say that out of respect for the Ummah.I had alot of issues and was struggling to stay on my Deen.Lets say I was just intering Islam the Orthodox way and my first 3yrs was a transition I was 19yrs old when I entered the fold of Al-Islam.22yrs old when I got married.My Imam once told me that it did'nt matter that she was'nt Muslim but that it would make alot of things easier.She respected but not excepted.Lets put it this way she gave up on trying I was'nt interested in divorce she was and she started to show alot of signs of depression.I had to do the right thing for both of us and let her have her divorce.Yes it was hard I still love her till this day for Allah's sake. We get along great she is re-married.Alhamduillah.Not what you think I never had to pay any allomny I handle my buisness(Inshallah)and she knew I had a son also besides the one we had.May Allah forgive for not mentioning him in the last post.It wasnt on purpose.I was trying relate the story of when I was married I did not see him alot at that time.After my incarceration which was 3months after his birth his mother never forgave me for that at the time.Its a messy situation I had to go to court alot for custody and visitation.Thats another story.
Hunter View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 1:51am
Assalamu alaikum  Hi brother Akhe. You have two sons then? I have the two daughters I've already mentioned, and once, I also had a son. He isn't anything I want to bring up in this forum; it's a topic for another place, another time Inshallah. You and I have many things in common; pain, grief, loss and probably some guilt over the past are unfortunately among those things. Regret is pointless I know; most of the bad things that happened in my life were things I did to myself, or the result of poor decisions I've made. Still, I sometimes can't help but wonder what things would be like if I could go back and do it all over, knowing what I know now. Pointless thinking I know. Take good care my friend-- Hunter
Seerat View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seerat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 12:31pm
salam every one i am a new participant , hope to find a friendly enviornment . i just moved to pakistan frm kuwait and theres a lot of differences , hopefully i will get settled for now i am 17 and very energetic debator and hope to do well

make you all live in peace takecare of yurselfe and the ppl around u

allahhafiz

Hunter View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 11:38pm
Assalamu alaikum  Hello Seerat and welcome to the forum. I think you'll find this place is full of friendly people who also like to debate. I hope you enjoy your time here. I'm just an old (42 years old) American, trying to learn all I can about Islam.

Hello again Chrysalis my friend. I agree that we often don't hear anything but negative about Islam, particularly from westen media sources. It's almost a deliberate distortion of an otherwise peaceful religion. As I said before, I once thought the same thing myself. Thank you for your kind words and encouragement; I think everything with my wife will be ok, Inshallah. Take good care-- Hunter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic