IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Science in Quran Series  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Science in Quran Series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 1:47pm
@Tim

Quote Can the Koran tell me how to accomplish this task in a better way than a computer model or the "just build the damn thing and hope for the best" approach I am currently doing?

Nice, I think your contribution deserves a "like"

Airmano

Ps: I am actually working on a (remotely) similar project and I also wonder whether the Quran could help me.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2018 at 6:24am
Originally posted by airmano airmano wrote:

@Tim

Quote Can the Koran tell me how to accomplish this task in a better way than a computer model or the "just build the damn thing and hope for the best" approach I am currently doing?

Nice, I think your contribution deserves a "like"

Airmano

Ps: I am actually working on a (remotely) similar project and I also wonder whether the Quran could help me.

Thanks, what is your project?

airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2018 at 5:09am
@Tim,

if you send me your email address  (via the IC message server) I will send you the link of my project back.

Regards:  Airmano
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
Asher View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 6:14am
There are numerous verses in the Quran which verifies the scientific discoveries such as the expansion of the universe, the Big Bang theory, Iron etc.
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2018 at 1:23pm
@Asher
Quote There are numerous verses in the Quran which verifies the scientific discoveries such as the expansion of the universe, the Big Bang theory, Iron etc.

Fact is that none of these findings were made on the basis of "related" Quranic verses.

That much about their information content.

Airmano
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2018 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Asher Asher wrote:

There are numerous verses in the Quran which verifies the scientific discoveries such as the expansion of the universe, the Big Bang theory, Iron etc.

So can you use it to predict what the next scientific breakthrough that will explain say dark matter will be?

Otherwise it seems to be of little scientific use. Only able to be bent to look like it may have something that could be anything so fits with the current explaination.
Ceo3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceo3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2018 at 9:01am
The Quran is a mercy and guide to believers and a warning to non believers first and foremost. The warning..that God is one, the Quran His Divine Word and that we will all be resurrected on the Day on Judgement.

The additional pearls of wisdom re.science, etc only but increases our faith but unfortunately increases the doubters as well

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic