IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Science in Quran Series  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Science in Quran Series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Science in Quran Series
    Posted: 11 April 2017 at 3:15pm
Science in Quran Series

In this lecture, we introduce the topic of Science and the Quran, using verses 3:190-191 as our inspiration and as our answer to the question, �Why study science in the Quran?�� The main point is that contemplation of the natural world, as it displays the creative activity of Allah SWT, is one of the gateways to faith.� We note that we will look at the intersection of science and the Quran to elucidate the miraculous nature of many of the Quranic verses which discuss science, and more importantly, to learn the needed science to see those verses in a new light.

http://www.islamicity.org/11360/

Edited by icforumadmin - 11 April 2017 at 9:49pm
icforumadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2017 at 3:20pm
Einstein's Special Relativity in Quran:
http://www.islamicity.org/11410

Edited by icforumadmin - 11 April 2017 at 3:21pm
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 12:44am
What happens when the natural world shows the Koran to be wrong in parts?
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2017 at 9:20am
This is what happens when you think that science should follow religion (and not vice-versa).
If you have doubts concerning the above source you may also read the same story in the more trustworthy Italian newspaper "La Repubblica".
(You got be able to understand Italian though).
In case you master French, here comes the original link

Enjoy it: Airmano

Edited by airmano - 24 April 2017 at 11:27am
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
muhammadfazal View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muhammadfazal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2018 at 11:00pm

This link is a good reference for your question.

Mathematics Algebra

Edited by muhammadfazal - 20 February 2018 at 11:03pm
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2018 at 12:46am
Originally posted by muhammadfazal muhammadfazal wrote:

This link is a good reference for your question.

Mathematics Algebra

Quote As for mathematics proper, like astronomy, it received its direct impetus from the Quran not only because of the mathematical structure related to the text of the Sacred Book, but also because the laws of inheritance delineated in the Quran require rather complicated mathematical solutions.

The Koran has complicated rules on inheritance. Yes. This needed a new branch of maths to sort out. Thus algebra.

Fine.

That does not show that the Koran/Mohamed had a good grasp of maths but that he did not appreciate how complex a system he had forced on the world.

usmania123 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmania123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2018 at 10:20am
Online Quran Classes has the solution to all your problems. Learn the Holy Quran at home. Learn the Quran for free. Our Online Quran Academy provides excellent packages and trials that will help you and your family explore the teachings and principles of Islam by sitting at home
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 2:41am
Originally posted by usmania123 usmania123 wrote:

Online Quran Classes has the solution to all your problems. Learn the Holy Quran at home. Learn the Quran for free. Our Online Quran Academy provides excellent packages and trials that will help you and your family explore the teachings and principles of Islam by sitting at home

I am currently attempting to build a wind turbine that will, if it works, make electricity cheaper than burning coal.

I would greatly improve my sucess chances if I was able to use mathematical modeling programs to test the wind flow through the device. They exist but I am too un-technological to use them. And way too impatient.

To use a commercial engineering consultancy to do this modeling is of the order of £4,000 for the intial one and £1,000 per tweak. This is too expensive for me.

Can the Koran tell me how to accomplish this task in a better way than a computer model or the "just build the damn thing and hope for the best" approach I am currently doing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic