IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Pillars of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dhikr from the Sunnah of the Prophet  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dhikr from the Sunnah of the Prophet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dhikr from the Sunnah of the Prophet
    Posted: 05 March 2006 at 5:47pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

Beautiful Dhikr from the Sunnah of the Prophet

A collection of various forms of dhikr and tasbih from the Sunnah.

- SubhanAllahi wa biHamdihi (Glory be to Allah and Praise Him).

Whoever says (the above) at morning and evening time, one hundred times, none shall come on the Day of Resurrection with anything better except someone who has said the same or more.[1]

- SubhanAllah wa biHamdihi (Glory be to Allah and Praise Him).

Whoever says (the above) a hundred times during the day, his sins are wiped away, even if they are like the foam of the sea.[2]

- SubhanAllahi wa biHamdihi (Glory be to Allah and Praise Him)

Abu Dharr reported that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, "Shall I tell you the words that Allah loves the most?" I said: "Yes, tell me, O Messenger of Allah." He said: "The words dearest to Allah are: subhanAllah wa bihamdihi.[3]

- SubhanAllahi 'l-`adheem wa biHamdihi (Glory be to Allah, The Supreme, and Praise Him)

A palm tree is planted for the reciter [of the above] in Paradise.[4]

- SubhanAllahi wa biHamdihi, Subhan-Allahi 'l-`adheem (Glory be to Allah, and Praise, Glory be to Allah, the Supreme)

Prophet Muhammad said: "Two words are light on the tongue, weigh heavily in the balance, they are loved by the Most Merciful One."[5]

- SubhanAllah (Glory be to Allah)

Whoever recites [the above] one Hundred times, a thousand good deeds are recorded for him or a thousand bad deeds are wiped away.[6]

- La Hawla wa la Quwatta illa Billah (There is no Might or Power except with Allah)

[the above is] a treasure from the treasures of Paradise.[7]

- SubhanAllah, walHamdulilah, wa La illaha ilAllahu, waAllahu Akbar (Glory be to Allah, All Praise is for Allah, There is No God but Allah, Allah is the Greatest)

The above are mentioned as the four most beloved words to Allah. It does not matter with which one of them is begun.[8]

Abu Sa`id reported that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, "Perform the enduring goods deeds (al-baaqiyaat al-SaliHaat) more frequently." They asked, "What are these enduring good deeds?" The Prophet replied: Takbir [Allahu Akbar], Tahlil [la ilaha illallah], Tasbih [Subhan'Allah], alhamdulillah, and la hawla wa la quwwata illa billah.[9]

- SubhanAllah, walHamdulilah, wa La illaha ilAllahu, waAllahu Akbar (Glory be to Allah, All Praise is for Allah, There is No God but Allah, Allah is the Greatest)

Prophet Muhammad said: �For me to say (the above) is dearer to me and all that the sun rises upon (ie the whole world).�[10]

- SubhanAllah, walHamdulilah, wa La illaha ilAllahu, waAllahu Akbar, wa la Hawla wa la quwwata illa billah (Glory be to Allah, All Praise is for Allah, There is No God but Allah, Allah is the Greatest, There is no might or any power Except with Allah)

(The above) are the good deeds which endure [al-baqiyaatuS-SaliHaat]

-  SubhanAllah, walHamdulilah, wa La illaha ilAllahu, waAllahu Akbar, wa la Hawla wa la quwwata illa billah (Glory be to Allah, All Praise is for Allah, There is No God but Allah, Allah is the Greatest, There is no might or any power Except with Allah)

Abd Allah ibn Mas'ud reported that the Prophet said: "During the Night Journey I met Ibrahim (alayhis salam) who said to me: �O Muhammad, convey my greetings to your Community, and tell them that the Paradise is of pure land, its water is sweet, and its expanse is vast, spacious and even. And its seedlings are SubhanAllah, walhamdulilah, wa la ilaha ilAllah, waAllahu Akbar (the above).��[11]

- Alhamdulilah (All Praise is for Allah) - Verily the best supplication is (above).[12]

- La illaha ilAllah(u) (There is No God But Allah)

The best form of remembrance is (above).[13]

Abu Huraira reported that the Prophet said: "When a servant of Allah utters the words la ilaha illallah (there is no God except Allah) sincerely, the doors of heaven open up for these words until they reach the Throne of Allah, so long as its utterer keeps away from the major sins.�[14]

Abu Huraira reported that the Prophet said, "Renew your faith." "How can we renew our faith?" they asked. The Prophet replied: "Say always: la ilaha illallah."[15]

- La illaha ilAllahu, waHdahu la shareeka lahu, lahul Mulku, wa lahul Hamd, wa Huwa ala kulli shaiy'in Qadeer (There is No God But Allah Alone, who has no partner. His is the dominion and His is the raise, and He is Able to do all things)

Whoever says the above ten times, will have the reward for freeing four slaves from the Children of Isma'il .[16]

- La illaha ilAllahu, waHdahu la shareeka lahu, lahul Mulku, wa lahul Hamd, wa Huwa ala kulli shaiy'in Qadeer (There is No God But Allah Alone, who has no partner. His is the dominion and His is the raise, and He is Able to do all things)

Whoever says the above one Hundred times, has the reward of freeing ten slaves, a hundred good deeds are recorded for him and a hundred bad deeds are wiped away and he has gained refuge from the devil that day until evening and none shall come with anything better except someone who has done more.[17]

- La illaha ilAllahu, Wahidda(n), Ahada(n), Samada(n), lam yatakhidh sahiba(n). Wa la walada, wa la yak(n)ul-lahu kufuwan Ahad (There is no God except Allah, the One and Only, the Eternal, Who has not taken a partner nor a son. And there is none like unto Him)

Whoever says the words above ten times, then 40,000 (forty thousand) good deeds will be recorded for him.[18]

- Astaghfirullah al-'Adheemal-ladhi la ilaha illa Huwal-Hayyul-Qayyum wa atubu ilaih (I seek the forgiveness of Allah the Mighty, Whom there is none worthy except Him, the Living, The Eternal, and I repent unto Him)

Whoever says the above words, Allah will forgive him even if he deserted the army's ranks.[19]

- Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta, Anta Khalaqtani wa ana abduka, wa ana 'ala ahdika wa wa'dika mastata'tu, A'udhu bika min Sharri ma sana'tu, abu'u Laka bini'matika 'alaiya, wa Abu Laka bidhanbi faghfirli innahu la yaghfiru adhdhunuba illa anta (O Allah! You are my Lord! None has the right to be worshipped but You. You created me and I am Your slave, and I am faithful to my covenant and my promise as much as I can. I seek refuge with You from all the evil I have done. I acknowledge before You all the blessings You have bestowed upon me, and I confess to You all my sins. So I entreat You to forgive my sins, for nobody can forgive sins except You.)

The above du'a is known as the Sayyid al-Istighfar and is the most superior way of asking for forgiveness from Allah. Whoever says it during the day with firm faith in it, and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise; and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it, and dies before the morning, he will be from the people of Paradise.[20]

If someone implements ten verses of the Qur'an, He/She will not be considerate amongst the negligent on the Day of Judgment.[21]

If someone implements one hundred verses of the Qur'an, He/She will be considered among the obedient on the Day of Judgment.[22]

If someone implements one thousand verses of the Qur'an, He/She will be amongst the extremely rich on the Day of Judgement.[23]

[1] Sahih Muslim, #4:42071.

[2] Sahih al-Bukhari; #7:168, Sahih Muslim; #4:2071.

[3] Muslim and at-Tirmidhi.

[4] at-Tirmidhi; 5:511, al-Hakim.

[5] Sahih al-Bukhari; #7:67, Sahih Muslim, #4:2071.

[6] Sahih Muslim; #4:2073.

[7] Sahih al-Bukhari; al-Fath al-Bari #11:213, Sahih Muslim #4:2076.

[8] Sahih Muslim; #3:1685.

[9] an-Nasa'i and Hakim, who said its chain is sahih.

[10] Sahih Muslim; #4:2072.

[11] at-Tirmidhi and Tabarani whose version adds: "There is no power nor strength save through Allah".

[12] Sahih Muslim; #4:2073.

[13] Sahih Muslim; #4:2073.

[14] at-Tirmidhi, who says it is hasan gharib. al-Mundhiri included in al-Targhib #2:414.

[15] Ahmad with a fair chain of authorities.

[16] Sahih al-Bukhari; 7:67, Sahih Muslim; #4:2071.

[17] Sahih al-Bukhari; #4:95, Sahih Muslim; #4:2071.

[18] Ahmad.

[19] Abu Dawud 2/85, at-Tirmidhi 5/569, Al-Hakim who declared it authentic and adh-Dhahabi agreed with him 1/511.

[20] Sahih al-Bukhari 8, 75 #318.

[21] Abu Dawud, Ibn Hibban � sahih.

[22] Abu Dawud, Ibn Hibban � sahih.

[23] Abu Dawud, Ibn Hibban � sahih.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2006 at 5:53pm

Everything has its polish and the polish of hearts is Dhikrullah
- Muhammad

Dhikr is mentioned in many places in the Holy Qur'an, and in most verses. It is also mentioned in numerous ahadith. Dhikr literally means Remembrance, mentioning, and recollection, to rehearse, to celebrate or commemorate, and in our context, the Remembrance of Allah. It includes tasbih (glorifying), takbir (exalting), tahmid (praising), proclaiming one�s helplessness and destitution before Him in prayer and supplication, and praising and praying upon the Prophet

Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) has commanded us to remember him always.
"Remember me, I shall remember you." [surah al-Baqarah; 2:152].
Dhikr Islam is made up of Islam, Iman and Ihsan. Dhikr can encompass all these areas. Since it involves all forms of worship to our Creator. Our duty is to worship Allah (Ta'ala), and so any thought or action, even if just waking up early in the morning, can form part of the dhikrullah.

The idea behind Dhikr is the Remembrance of Allah. It is to purify our hearts and souls and uplift our spirits. All words of praise and glory to Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala), whether spoken out loud, or silently in one's heart, are known as dhikr. When people do dhikr, their hearts turn to the highest ideals and are free from the temptations of sin. If one continues to keep the remembrance of Allah in one's heart day and night, the human soul is strengthened. It is food for the soul, and a polish of the heart, so invigorates it. And with an invigorated soul it becomes easy to overcome one's base instincts, overcoming the nufs, and to vanquish the Devil. Thus one is able more easily to avoid sins and the good deeds increase. Obviously this is true only if the words come from the heart and not just from the tongue.

Dhikr has the ability to awaken a peron's soul. It cleanses the heart from all else but Allah and increases His love in the heart. And so, one is able to come closer and closer to their Maker.

Dhikr, being imital or verbal remembrance of Allah is so consoling, pleasant and such an easy form of worship that one can perform it continuously at all times and with great benefit. It is known that the sahabiyaat had tongues filled with continuous dhikr, that they would have to bite their tongues while relieving themselves to stop themselves from making Dhikr!
A man once complained to the Prophet , "The laws of Islam are too heavy for me, so tell me something that I can easily follow," the Prophet, peace be upon him, told him, "Let your tongue be always busy with the remembrance of Allah."
It doesnt have any prescribed timings, such as salah, or fasting, and this only adds to easiness. From the small three year old child; reciting adhkar (pl. du'a) before going to sleep, to the Old man reciting the beautiful Names of Allah (Ta'ala) during the day. Both being dhikr.

Our weekly routines demand much time and effort. Every new day brings old challenges and the work never ends. If its not school, University, or work, then its the homework, exams, or bills. It is only too easy to become swept away with the dunya and become devoid of any upliftment for the soul, and as a result have hardened hearts.

Invoking and calling upon Allah (Ta'ala) will bring forth His favors. One who remembers Him even while going about his or her daily affairs and pre-occupations will find all obstacles removed in both this world and the next. His company will always be felt, and He will befriend one left alone and in need of friendship. If one remembers and mentions Him during times of ease and comfort, His Mercy will reach one during times of trouble and pain.

The Prophet said "Everything has a polish, which takes away rust. The polish of the heart is dhikr." A peron's heart is susceptable to becoming hard. This hardness can only be softened by the remembrance of Allah. One who is devoid of dhikr and remembrance of Allah, becomes dry and stiff and as lifeless as a dried up leaf. If you step on it, it will crumble into pieces, but if you moisten it, it will revive, and become invigorated.

May Allah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala) make us among the Dhaakireen (those who remember him); those most fortunate servants who oft engage in His dhikr, and among those who have tranquil, peaceful hearts.
Ameen.

Compiled by 'Mutma'inaa' [2/12/02]

DHIKR IS THE GREATEST OBLIGATION AND A PERPETUAL DIVINE ORDER

Dhikr of Allah is the most excellent act of Allah's servants and is stressed over a hundred times in the Holy Qur'an. It is the most praiseworthy work to earn Allah's pleasure, the most effective weapon to overcome the enemy, and the most deserving of deeds in reward. It is the flag of Islam, the polish of hearts, the essence of the science of faith, the immunization against hypocrisy, the head of worship, and the key of all success.There are no restrictions on the modality, frequency, or timing of dhikr whatsoever. The restrictions on modality pertain to certain specific obligatory acts which are not the issue here, such as Salat. The Shari`a is clear and everyone knows what they have to do. Indeed, the Prophet said that the People of Paradise will only regret one thing: not having made enough dhikr in the world! Are not those who are making up reasons to discourage others from making dhikr afraid of Allah in this tremendous matter?

Allah says in His holy Book: "O Believers, make abundant mention of ALLAH!" (33:41) And He mentions of His servants "Those who remember their Lord standing, and sitting, and lying on their sides" (3:191), in other words at all times of the day and night. He said (3:190-191): "The creation of heaven and earth and the changes of night and day are signs for people who have wisdom: -- consider who is described as having wisdom -- Those who remember (and recite and call) Allah standing up, sitting, and lying on their sides." `A'isha said, as narrated by Muslim, that the Prophet mentioned/remembered Allah at all times of the day and night.

The Prophet said: "If your hearts were always in the state that they are in during dhikr, the angels would come to see you to the point that they would greet you in the middle of the road." Muslim narrated it. Imam Nawawi in his Sharh sahih muslim commented on this hadith saying: "This kind of sight is shown to someone who persists in meditation (muraqaba), reflection (fikr), and anticipation (iqbal) of the next world."

Mu`adh ibn Jabal said that the Prophet also said: "The People of Paradise will not regret except one thing alone: the hour that passed them by and in which they made no remembrance of Allah." Narrated by Bayhaqi in Shu`ab al-iman (1:392 #512-513) and by Tabarani. Haythami in Majma` al-zawa'id (10:74) said that its narrators are all trustworthy (thiqat), while Suyuti declared it hasan in his Jami` al-saghir (#7701).

Allah placed His remembrance above prayer in value by making prayer the means and remembrance the goal. He said:

"Lo! Worship guards one from lewdness and iniquity, but verily, remembrance of Allah is greater/more important." (29:45)

"He is successful who purifies himself, and remembers the name of his Lord, and so prays." (87:14-15)

"So establish prayer for My remembrance." (20:14)

Ibn Hajar in his Fath al-bari (1989 ed. 11:251) relates Qadi Abu Bakr Ibn al-`Arabi's explanation that there is no good deed except with dhikr as a precondition for its validity, and whoever does not remember Allah in his heart at the time of his sadaqa or fasting, for example, then his deed is incomplete: therefore dhikr is the best of deeds because of this.

Dhikr is, therefore, something of tremendous importance. Abu Hurayra said that the Prophet said, Peace be upon him: "The earth and everything in it is cursed, except for dhikr and what attends dhikr, and a teacher (of dhikr) and a student (of dhikr)." Narrated by Tirmidhi who said it is hasan, Ibn Majah who said the same, Bayhaqi, and others. Suyuti cites it in al-Jami` al-saghir from al-Bazzar's similar narration from Ibn Mas`ud and he declared it sahih. Tabarani also narrated it in al-Awsat from Abu al-Darda'.

By the words "the world and everything in it" is meant here all that claims status or existence apart from Allah instead of in Him. In fact, all creation does dhikr because Allah said that all creation does praise to Him constantly, and tasbih is a kind of dhikr. Allah said of the Prophet Yunus, when the whale swallowed him: "Had he not been one of My glorifiers (musabbihin), he would have remained inside the whale's stomach until Judgment Day." (37:143-144)

The one who engages in dhikr has the highest rank of all before Allah. The people who call on Allah without distraction have been mentioned in Qur'an, as well as the effect that calling has on their heart: "In houses which Allah has allowed to be raised to honor and for His Name to be remembered in them; He is glorified there day and night by men whom neither trade nor sale can divert from the rememberance of Allah" (24:36-37). "Those who believe, and their hearts find satisfaction in the rememberance of Allah: By remembering Allah, truly satisfaction comes to the heart" (13:28).

During the night of Isra' and Mi`raj, the Prophet was taken up to a point where he heard the screeching of the Pens (writing the divine Decree). He saw a man who had disappeared into the light of the Throne. He said: "Who is this? Is this an angel?" It was said to him, no. He said: "Is it a Prophet?" Again the answer was no. He said: "Who is it then?" The answer was: "This is a man whose tongue was moist with Allah's remembrance in the world, and his heart was attached to the mosques, and he never incurred the curse of his father and mother." Shaykh Muhammad `Alawi al-Malaki cited it in his collated text of the sound narrations on that topic entitled al-Anwar al-bahiyya min isra' wa mi`raj khayr al-bariyya.

In Ahmad, Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah, and Ibn Hibban declared it fair (hasan): A man came to the Prophet and said, "O Rasulallah, the laws and conditions of Islam have become too many for me. Tell me something that I can always keep (i.e. in particular, as opposed to the many rules and conditions that must be kept in general)." By reading that the man said there were too many conditions to keep, one must understand that he was unsure that he could keep them all. He wanted something that he would be sure to keep always. The Prophet said: "(I am advising you in one thing:) Keep your tongue always moist with dhikrullah."

It is well-known in Islam that the best work in the path of Allah is jihad. Yet the Prophet, Peace be upon him, placed dhikr even above jihad in the following authentic hadiths.

Abu al-Darda' narrates: The Prophet once asked his companions: "Shall I tell you about the best of all deeds, the best act of piety in the eyes of your Lord, which will elevate your status in the Hereafter, and carries more virtue than the spending of gold and silver in the service of Allah or taking part in jihad and slaying or being slain in the path of Allah? The dhikr of Allah." Related in the Malik's Muwatta', the Musnad of Ahmad, the Sunan of Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, and the Mustadrak of Hakim. Al-Bayhaqi, Hakim and others declared it sahih.

Abu Sa`id narrates: The Prophet was asked, "Which of the servants of Allah is best in rank before Allah on the Day of resurrection?" He said: "The ones who remember him much." I said: "O Messenger of Allah, what about the fighter in the way of Allah?" He answered: "Even if he strikes the unbelievers and mushrikin with his sword until it broke, and becomes red with their blood, truly those who do dhikr are better than him in rank." Related in Ahmad, Tirmidhi, and Bayhaqi.

`Abd Allah ibn `Umar said that the Prophet used to say: "Everything has a polish, and the polish of hearts is dhikr of Allah. Nothing is more calculated to rescue from Allah's punishment than dhikr of Allah." He was asked whether this did not apply also to jihad in Allah's path, and he replied: "Not even if one should ply his sword until it breaks." Bayhaqi narrated it in Kitab al-da`awat al-kabir as well as in his Shu`ab al-iman (1:396 #522), also al-Mundhiri in al-Targhib (2:396) and Tibrizi mentions it in Mishkat al-masabih, at the end of the book of Supplications. 

From Morocco

From the amazing site, www.deenport.com, comes this rendition of the Burda.

al-Burda of Imam Al-Busairi [ click then save as]

Enjoy and please make dua for Imam al-Busairi, the singers, people at Deenport and the Ummah.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
soosoo88 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soosoo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 11:58pm

Jazak Allah Khiar Brother Rami,

That information was very exciting to read, i loved it thanks for posting it

"The strong one is not the one who overcomes people with his strengh, but the one who controls himself while in anger."
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2006 at 11:59pm

assalamu alaikum sister

alhamdulillah, insha allah it is of benefit sister.
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 12:09am

Durud - Salawat aln Nabi

compiled by Mutmainaa
www.geocities.com/mutmainaa

Around the world, Muslims recite praise and blessings upon the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam).
Books and writings on prayer, supplication, dhikr and praise make mention of some praises upon the Prophet, many of which have their origin in ahadith.

Below is a collection of some commonly recited salawat.

Allahumma salli 'ala Muhammadin wa 'ala 'aali Muhammadin, kama salaiyta 'ala Ibrahima wa 'ala 'aali Ibrahima innaka Hamidun Majeed.

O Allah! Let Your Blessings come upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad as You Blessed Ibrahim and the family of Ibrahim. Verily You are the Pariseworthy Glorious.

Allahumma barik 'ala Muhammadin wa 'ala ali Muhammadin, kama sallaiyta 'ala Ibrahima wa 'ala ali Ibrahima, innaka Hamidun Majeed.

O Allah! Confer Your Blessings on Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as You conferred blessings on Ibrahim and the family of Ibrahim. Verily You are the Praiseworthy, Glorious

Allahumma salli 'ala Muhammadin wa 'ala azwajihi wa dhuriyyatihi, kama sallaiyta 'ala Ibrahima wa 'ala ali Ibrahima, wa barik 'ala Muhammadin wa 'ala azwajihi wa dhuriyyatihi, kama barakta 'ala Ibrahima, innaka Hamidun Majeed

O Allah! Let Your Blessings come upon Muhammad and the wives and progeny of Muhammad, as You Blessed Ibrahim and the family of Ibrahim. (And) Confer Your Blessings on Muhammad and the wives and progeny of Muhammad, as You conferred blessings on Ibrahim. Verily You are the Praiseworthy, Glorious.

Allahumma salli salawatan kamilatan, wa sallim salaman tamman 'ala sayyidina Muhammadal-ladhi tanhalu bihil-'uqad, wa tanfariju bihil-karabu, wa tuqda bihil-hawai'ju wa tunalu bihir-raghai'bu wa husnul-Khawatimi, wa yustasqal-ghamamu bi-wajihihil-karimi, wa 'ala alihi wa sahbihi fi kulli lamhatin, wa nafsin bi'adada kulli ma'lumin laka, Ya Allah, Ya Allah, Ya Allah.

O Allah! In every moment and in every breath bestow complete and the best blessings and perfect peace which is endless on Muhammad our Leader and on his posterity and his Companions, and may for his sake all our troubles and tortures be over, calamities ended and all our needs fulfilled all our cherished desires attained and good ends vouch sated and clouds are laden with water through the glorious countenance of the Prophet.

The perfect blessings and peace on the Prophet's house, his family and his Companions every instance in number equal to the count of all things in your knowledge, O Allah, O Allah, O Allah.

Allahumma salli wa sallim wa barik 'ala sayyidina Muhammadinil-fatih lima ughliqa wal-khatimi lima sabaqa wal-nasiril-haqqa bil-haqqi wal-hadiu ila siratikal mustaqim sallal-lahu alayhi wa 'ala alihi wa ashabihi haqqa qadirihi miqdarihil-adhim

O Allah! May Your Grace, Peace and Blessings rest on Muhammad our Leader who opens that which is closed and closes that which is preceded, who helps truth with truth, and who guided mankind to Your Straight path; may Blessings of be on him and his family and companions as according to his exhalted position befitting his merit and his high rank.

Allahumma salli 'ala Muhammadin kullama dhakarahul-dhdhakiruna wa kullama ghafala 'an dhikihil-ghafilun

O Allah! Shower Your Blessings on Muhammad and his children whenever he is remembered by those who remember him and shower Your Blessings on Muhammad and his family whenever he is not remembered by the negligent and Grant him peace constantly in abundance.

Allahumma salli wa sallim 'ala sayyidina Muhammadin wa 'ala alihi 'adada in 'amil-lahi wa afdalihi

O Allah! Shower Your Blessings on Muhammad, our leader, and on his family according to the number of Your rewards and Your bounties.

Allahumma salli 'ala sayyidina Muhammadin hatta tarda wa salli 'ala sayyidina Muhammadin ba'dal rida wa salli 'ala sayyidina Muhammadin abadan abada

O Allah! Shower Your Blessings on Muhammad, in such a mesure that earns Your pleasure, and shower Your blessings on our leader Muhammad exceeding that measure which has earned Your pleasure, and shower Your blessings on our leader Muhammad forever and ever.

Allahumma salli 'ala sayyidina Muhammadin, wa abligh-hul wasilatta ad-darajatar-rafi'atil-Jannati

O Allah! Shower peace upon our leader Muhammad and endow him with the means and high status in Paradise.

Jaza Allahu 'ana Muhammadan huwa ahluh

O Allah! Reward Muhammad the reward which is benefiting as he deserves.

Allahumma salli 'ala Muhammadin wa alih, wa ashabih, wa awladih, wa azwajih, wa dhurriyyatih, wa ahli baitih, wa aShia'ih, wa muhhibih, wa ummatih, wa 'alayna ma'ahim ajma'in, Ya Arhamar-Rahimin

O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on Muhammad, his family, his companions, his progeny, his wives, his offspring, the members of his family, his followers, his friends, his nation and on all of us with them. O, The Most Merciful.

Allahumma salli 'ala Sayyidina Muhammadin, tibbil qulubi wa dawaa�iha, wa nuril absari wa diya�iha, wa `afiyatil abdaani wa shifaa�ha, wa `ala Aalihi wa Sahbihi wa Sallim

O Allah! Send blessings on our leader Muhammad, the medicine of hearts and their cure, the light of eyes and their illumination, the health of bodies and their healing, and upon his family, companions, and send peace. 

Allahumma ati Muhammadan al-wasilata wal fadilata wad darajatir-rafi'ata l-'aliyya, wa b'athhu, ya Rabbi, al-maqama mahmudal-ladhi wa'adtahu, warzuqna shafa'atahu yawma l-qiyama, innaka la tukhlilu l-mi'ad.

O Allah! Grant Muhammad the means and the exellence, and the sublime and supreme rank. Raise him, O my Lord, to the Praiseworthy Station (al-Maqam al-Mahmud), which You promised him, and grant us his intercession on the Day of Judgement, for You do not fail Your promise.

Edited by rami
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 12:17am

Salawat are the prayers of angels and humanity praising and invoking blessing upon the Prophet Muhammad, may he be exalted to the highest station of peace. Below is a collection of famous invocations of blessings upon the Prophet Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) - also known as salawat 'aln nabi:

Ya Rabbi, Salli wa sallim da'iman aa-badan 'ala habibika khairil halqi kulihimi

O my Rabb! Shower blessings and peace forever and ever upon Your beloved, who is the best of all creation.

Salli Ya Rabbi wa sallim 'ala jami'il anbiya' wal mursalin, wa ali kullin ajma'in, wal hamdu lillahi Rabbil 'alamin. 'Ala ashrafil 'alamina Sayyidina Muhammadinis salawat (salAllahu alayhi wasalam). 'Ala afdalil 'alamina Sayyidina Muhammadinis salawat (salAllahu alayhi wasalam). 'Ala akmalil 'alamina Sayyidina Muhammadinis salawat (salAllahu alayhi wasalam). Salawatu-llahi ta 'ala wa mala'ikatihi wa anbiyya 'ihi wa rusulih, wa jami'il khalqihi 'ala Muhammadin wa ala 'ali Muhammad, 'alayhi wa 'alayhima s-salam wa rahmahtullahi ta'ala wa barakatuh, wa radiyallahu tabaraka wa ta'ala 'an sadatina ashabi rasuli-llahi ajma'in, wa 'anit tabi 'ina bihim bi ihsan, wa 'anil 'a'imatil mujtahidinal madin, wa 'anil 'ulama'i l-muttaqqin, wa 'anil awliya'is salihin, wa 'am-mashayikhina, qaddasa-llahu ta'ala arwahahumuz zakiyya, wa nawwara-llahu ta'ala adrihatahumu l-mubaraka, wa a'ada-llahu ta'ala 'alayna min barakatihim wa fuyudatihim da'iman wal hamdu lillahi rabbil 'alamin.

Blessings, O my Lord, and peace be upon all the prophets and Emissaries, and on the family of every one of them. Praise belongs to Allah, the Lord of the worlds. Upon the most noble of creatures, our Leader Muhammad, be blessing (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). Upon the most preferred of creatures, our Leader Muhammad, be blessing (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him. Upon the most perfect of creatures, our Leader Muhammad, be blessing (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him. Blessings of Allah (Exalted is He!), of His angels, of His prophets, of His Emissaries, and of all creation be upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad; may the peace and mercy of Allah (Exalted is He!) and His blessings be upon him and upon them. May Allah the Blessed and Most High be pleased with every one of our Masters, the Companions of the Emissary of Allah, and with those who followed them in exellence (ihsan). [May He be pleased] with the early masters of ijtihad, and with the pious scholars, and the righteous saints (awliya�), and with our Shaykhs. May Allah (Exalted is He!) sanctify their pure souls, and illuminate their blessed graves. May Allah (Exalted is He!) return to us of their blessings and overflowing bounty, always. Praise belongs to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.

Allahumma salli wa sallim 'ala sayyidina Muhammadin, wa 'ala alihi, wa ashabihi bi 'adada ma fi jami'il Qur'an harfan harfan wa bi 'adada kulli harfin alfan alfan

O Allah! Send Your Blessings and Peace upon Muhammad our Leader, and on his progeny, and his companions according to the number of every letter in the Qur'an, and let each letter carry thousands of blessings and salutations in it.

Allahumma salli 'ala Muhammadin 'abdika, wa Rasulika, wa salli 'alal Mu'miniina, wal mu'minaati, wal Muslimiina, wal Muslimaati

O Allah! Shower Your Blessings upon Muhammad, Your Servant and Your Messenger, and shower blessings on all men of faith, and women of faith, and Muslim men, and Muslim women.

Allahumma salli 'ala Muhammadin nabiyyil ummiyi, wa aalihi, wa barik, wa sallam

O Allah! Send blessings upon Muhammad, the unlettered Prophet, and his family, Your favours
and Your salutations

Allahummaj'al salawatika, wa barakatika 'ala Muhammadan nabiyyi, wa azawajihi umma-hatil mu'mina, wa dhurriyatihi, wa ahli baitihi kama sallaita 'ala Ibrahima, innaka Hamidun Majid

O Allah! bestow Your Blessings and bounty on Muhammad, the Prophet and on his wives who are the mothers of the faithful and on his descendants and on the members of his household in the manner as You conferred blessings on Ibrahim. Verily You are the Praiseworthy, Glorious.

Allahumma salli wa sallim 'ala sayyidina Muhammadin Nabiyyil-ummyyil- 'Arabiyyil Qurayshyyil Hashimiyyil Makkiyyil Madaniyyil sahibit-Taji, wal mi'raji sahibis saraya wal 'ataya sahibil Maqamil mahmudi wal hawdil mawrudi sahibis-sujudi lil-Rabbil Ma'budi

O Allah! May Your Grace and peace rest upon Muhammad our leader, the unlettered Prophet of Arabia of the Qurayshi tribe, of the Hashimi family of Makkah and of Madinah, who is the wearer of the holy cap, the one who ascended the heavens, who fought the battles and achieved boons and bounties, the one who has place of praise, and who is in charge of al-Kawthar fountain, and the one ever bowed in prostration to Allah (and Allah Alone).

Allahumma salli wa sallim wa barik 'ala sayyidina Muhammadin, wa Adama, wa Nuha, wa Ibrahima, wa Musa, wa isa, wa ma baynahum minan-nabbiyina wal mursalina, salawatul-lahi wa salamuh 'alahim ajma'in

O Allah! Grant Your Blessings, and Your Peace and Your Bounty to our Leader Muhammad, and to Adam, and to Nuh, and to Ibrahim, and to Musa, and to Isa, and those Prophets and Messengers who were sent during the period between each of them. Blessings of Allah and His Peace be upon them all.

Allahumma salli 'ala Muhammadin wa 'ala ali Muhammadin bi'adadi kulli dharratin Ma'ata alfi alfi marratin, wa barik wa sallim

O Allah! Grant Your Blessings upon Muhammad, and on the family of Muhammad in a number equal to a millionfold of each atom (that is created by You) and Your Blessings and Your Peace be on him.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic