IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Peace be upon you  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peace be upon you

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote responsibility Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peace be upon you
    Posted: 05 March 2006 at 3:46pm

Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem

Edited by responsibility
responsibility View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote responsibility Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2006 at 3:48pm

no Gentleness in a one-way ripple

thank you for your own gentle ripples emanating forth in deed
i perceive them as a treasure, for i am not Rich, free of all needs

sometimes gentle is not received, and sometimes gentle is unseen
gentle ripple can only be, in a place where there is also sensitivity

if gentle is where different ripples meet, then here pride must concede
gentle is the influence of Loving ripples emanating from the Giver of Peace

Al-Qayyuum � Al-Lateef � Al-Wadud � Ash-Shakuur � As-Salaam

Edited by responsibility
Antony-Islah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antony-Islah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 4:09pm

this is me, and that is probably the best thing i have ever wrote

rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 3:33am

salaams

anthony are u a poet of some sort

i like your style of writing. its very different and it alludes me cos i can never get to the crux of what u saying. yet im fascinated ny it none the less

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antony-Islah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 7:11am

The Gospel

Mark 4

10: And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable.

11: And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

12: That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antony-Islah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 9:09am

So that the above response does not completely freak you out, and leave you thinking that because you don��t understand all parables, Allah {SWT} does not wish to forgive you, I have include the below quotes, which are descriptions of the Zen/Buddhist version of the parable, and explain why a person may not understand a parable/koan.

A k��an (����; Japanese: k��an, Chinese: g��ng-��n) is a story, dialog, question, or statement in the history and lore of Chan (Zen) Buddhism, generally containing aspects that are inaccessible to rational understanding, yet that may be accessible to intuition. A famous koan is, "Two hands clap and there is a sound; what is the sound of one hand?" (oral tradition, attributed to Hakuin Ekaku, 1686-1769, considered a reviver of the koan tradition in Japan).

��  "...the [Korean - tmc] term hwadu usually refers to the particular question itself as well as the state of mind to be cultivated through concentrating upon the question. [...] the term hwadu is also used as a virtual synonym for the Japanese term koan (K. kong an). Technically speaking, though, these terms differ in meaning. A koan - literally " a public case" - is a description of an entire situation, usually of a dialogue between a Zen master and his disciple; the hwadu is only the central point of the exchange which is then singled out as a topic for meditation." (Batchelor 1985:53)

��  "The koans do not represent the private opinion of a single man, but rather the highest principle ... [that - tmc ] accords with the spiritual source, tallies with the mysterious meaning, destroys birth-and-death, and transcends the passions. It cannot be understood by logic; it cannot be transmitted in words; it cannot be explained in writing; it cannot be measured by reason. It is like [...] a great fire that consumes all who come near it." (Chung-feng Ming-pen [1263-1323] quoted in Miura and Sasaki 1966:5)

rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 4:14am

ok this is way too deep for me

ill stick to the basic stuff, thank you very much

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antony-Islah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2006 at 7:36am

OK, but if you cut through the excess, it is as simple as saying � not everything can be understood with a mere glance�.. intellectual labels such as � the �sound� of water � get in the way of the actual experience, of what is essentially a lot more than the �sound of water�, as in its static state it does not make a sound��..

but with this simplified description arises the fact that, intellect walks away thinking it has understood, when in fact it is even further from understanding.    

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic