IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Where is my post??  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhere is my post??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where is my post??
    Posted: 03 March 2006 at 12:46pm

The Moderator is out of Order?

For censorship has come to this board, so its now a waste of my time and is
no more than an Islamic chat-room.

Sad

John D. Miller
"Ignorance is no refuge"
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2006 at 1:08pm

Bismillah,

Al-Hamdulilah.  Thank you for deleting anti-Islaamic posts, moderators!

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2006 at 1:17pm

I read said post.  You insulted Islam in the very title.  You deserved to be deleted for that alone. 

Oh and your math was off.  The shroud has a 3.2 in section added to it by preservationists, that is included in the width of the fabric you were using in your math.  Since this section is not original to the item, it proves your theory false.

JohnDM View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2006 at 2:09pm
If you are correct, it means some others are into what is obvious.

Sad, that you too are missing it.

JDM
"Ignorance is no refuge"
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2006 at 2:37pm

Click on this link and it takes you through several of the aspects of the Shroud. I remember watching a special on the shroud and the damage done to it in two fires and how that corrupted any attempt at carbon dating.  I remember the addition to the side and so your calculations have a faulty number.

http://www.sindone.org/en/scient/telo/sin_len.htm

Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2006 at 3:58pm

JohnDM, I deleted your thread because of the insult to Islam you put in the thread title.  It was the only way to remove the title.  I cannot go back and correct all of the forum guideline violations that have taken place before I became a moderator; however, if they come back up to the top, I will.  The rules clearly state that this is an Islamic forum and it should be treated as such.  There is no "freedom of speech" here.  Being a member is a PRIVILEGE.  I don't go to other other web sites to bash them and I will not allow non-Muslim, or Muslim for that matter, to come here and do the same thing.  If you do no like my decisions making skills, that is perfectly fine, take it up with IC forum administrators.  I was asked to do a job and I am doing it. 

You can think of me anyway you like as long as you don't express it here in a harmful/humiliating way.  If you do, I will have to delete it.  Just as I will delete the posts of anyone who says harmful/humiliating things about you. 

Read the forum guidelines, they give me the right to delet posts or threads that I feel bash Islam in any way.  I truly am sorry if you think it is a personal attack.  It is not and I have warned you in the past on more than 3 occasions.  I truly do not care if you post your number theories here; however, like I said, not if they are a means to insult Islam and that is exactly what you were doing. 

PAZ

Sister Khadija 

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
-ArabianKnight- View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2006 at 7:40pm
In an "islamic Country".. or Any country actually... Would there EVER be Freedom of SPeech?...

Thats a legitimate question I think... because I wonder that somtimes my self.. virtually anything can be consider un-islamic.. just look at some of the wild allegations some countries have mixing culture with islam.. and then Calling it Islam. .. so there for- if you go against culture.. its in their point of view.. Against Islam...

Ps. I'm not defending what Johny Did.. or Allegedly did.. I didnt read the alleged post.. hah...

Edited by -ArabianKnight-
THere Is no god, BUT GOD
and Adam was his First Messenger

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2006 at 9:25pm

Unfortunately, some people have interpreted freedom of speech to mean freedom to hurt, insult, and belittle as ends in and of themselves.

In fact, in Denmark it is against the law to mock Jews in the press. In England it is against the law to mock the Anglican Church. There are many such laws across Europe, which is as it should be.

I personally consider the right to eat and have a roof over one's head to be much more fundamental rights. Why is it then that there are so many hungry and homeless in America? Why are so many people championing "rights" by reprinting a cartoon when their neighbors need food and shelter?

Edited by Shamil
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic