IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Slavery among Faiths  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slavery among Faiths

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slavery among Faiths
    Posted: 05 April 2005 at 5:32am

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

That is true but that is not what you implied, you said that God is not for all people, and I said God is for all people. And whether God has opened the way for them or not, God is still for everyone not just the righteous and faithful.

After reading the Quran, if you believe Allah is for everyone, despite what they do, you are in error (an error is an intentional deviation from what you know is correct).

I was very clear in what I stated.

Perhaps you should try fasting so that you can clean your heart and see clearer.

I am not here to make you believe. My duty is only a clear representation. You can take it or leave it, it is immaterial with me.

29. Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and those with him are firm of heart against the disbelievers, compassionate among themselves. Thou seest them bowing down, prostrating themselves, seeking Allah�s grace and pleasure. Their marks are on their faces in consequence of prostration. That is their description in the Torah -- and their description in the Gospel -- like seed-produce that puts forth its sprout, then strengthens it, so it becomes stout and stands firmly on its stem, delighting the sowers that He may enrage the disbelievers on account of them. Allah has promised such of them as believe and do good, forgiveness and a great reward.

Edited by blond
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 4:56am
Originally posted by blond blond wrote:

And it is also mentions that God guides those whom he wills.

Blond, you saying that Allah is not for all people is like saying that Islam is not for all people. And that Allah is only for/in Islam.

And also within islam you are saying that slaves and the oppressed is only for Allah not for other muslims.

I understand that 'muslim' means one who submits to Allah's will/slave to Allah's will but I feel that is not what you are implying here. One does not have to be oppressed either.

It is unfortunate that you do not understand me.

Sorry

Quote I will clarify.

Thanks

Quote I believe that, although it is possible for everyone to submit, as Allah has opened the way, all people will not submit. I believe that the Siratul-Mustaqim is a path that goes perpendicular; straight up to heaven, and straight down to hell. It just matters which way you choose to go. So, we ask Allah to guide us rightly on that path. Both ways are open for everyone.

Ok but then you cannot group people, as you say that the slaves and oppressed people will go to heaven and not hell and those in power will not go to heaven and go straight to hell. If the perpendicular is up - heaven and down - hell, then it is still open to slaves and oppressed people to go to hell, Do you think all oppressed and slaves are on the right path? don't they have the availablity to get off the path? the same goes for those in power not all/will be bad and go to hell, if they are on the right path then they will go to heaven.

So what you mentioned in the other post does not stand with this view.

Quote I believe that, although it is possible for everyone to submit, as Allah has opened the way, all people will not submit.

That is true but that is not what you implied, you said that God is not for all people, and I said God is for all people. And whether God has opened the way for them or not, God is still for everyone not just the righteous and faithful.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 1:13pm

Originally posted by tawhid tawhid wrote:

...why do you call me a jew?

Well don't blame me. Blame the Bible, because every time I open it - I see the same holy verse:

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lust of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is not truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar and the father of it. - then answered the Jews - John 8:44

Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 12:24pm

Originally posted by Rehmat Rehmat wrote:

...you are a sad person....hahahaha

Rabbi it was not nice to laugh at the death of 300,000 co-religionist Jews.

why do you call me a jew? i will say it slower for you one more time little one

i

am

a

christian

i am a christian...i asked Christ to come into my heart...to forgive my sins...there is not longer a wall between the jew and gentile...i am saved by grace...by accepting the son of man into my heart which was lead by his holy spirit

a christian

a christian

understand?

you should stop hating on jews ... what you reap you will surely sew

tawhid

You are correct to be offended. And to affect true reconciliation, the offender must be shown his error and offered a chance to repent. Then you must forgive him. Then move on.

tawhid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tawhid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Rehmat Rehmat wrote:

why do you call me a jew? i will say it slower for you one more time little one

i

am

a

christian

i am a christian...i asked Christ to come into my heart...to forgive my sins...there is not longer a wall between the jew and gentile...i am saved by grace...by accepting the son of man into my heart which was lead by his holy spirit

a christian

a christian

understand?

you should stop hating on jews ... what you reap you will surely sew

tawhid

Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 10:58am

Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

tawhid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tawhid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 10:55am
Originally posted by blond blond wrote:

Blond, you saying that Allah is not for all people is like saying that Islam is not for all people. And that Allah is only for/in Islam.

And also within islam you are saying that slaves and the oppressed is only for Allah not for other muslims.

I understand that 'muslim' means one who submits to Allah's will/slave to Allah's will but I feel that is not what you are implying here. One does not have to be oppressed either.

I will clarify.

I believe that, although it is possible for everyone to submit, as Allah has opened the way, all people will not submit. I believe that the Siratul-Mustaqim is a path that goes perpendicular; straight up to heaven, and straight down to hell. It just matters which way you choose to go. So, we ask Allah to guide us rightly of that path. Both ways are open for everyone.

According to the scriptures, Allah will not accept people who refuse to submit to His will. He intends to punish them with hell. Allah is no hippy, sissy punk, Who just let's everything go that the people want to do. Allah is Beneficent and Merciful, but He is also the Destroyer.

Lastly, Allah created Shaitan. Therefore Shaitan serves the purpose for which Allah created him.

good post

blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 10:41am

I will clarify.

I believe that, although it is possible for everyone to submit, as Allah has opened the way, all people will not submit. I believe that the Siratul-Mustaqim is a path that goes perpendicular; straight up to heaven, and straight down to hell. It just matters which way you choose to go. So, we ask Allah to guide us rightly on that path. Both ways are open for everyone.

According to the scriptures, Allah will not accept people who refuse to submit to His will. He intends to punish them with hell. Allah is no hippy, sissy punk, Who just let's everything go that the people want to do. Allah is Beneficent and Merciful, but He is also the Destroyer.

Lastly, Allah created Shaitan. Therefore Shaitan serves the purpose for which Allah created him.

Edited by blond
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic