IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - An Introduction to Oneself..:D  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

An Introduction to Oneself..:D

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaibrahim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An Introduction to Oneself..:D
    Posted: 28 February 2006 at 4:24pm

Assalammualaikum wbt to all my brothers and sisters;

I'm a new member to this IslamicCity.com Forum. Currently residing in Malaysia and undergoing a tertiary level studies. I just happened to come across this forum where I find it interesting to be connected with all Muslims around the world. Hopefully all of us can share and contribute to some important insight in the Muslims world for the benefits of all. :)

Owh by the way, I'm in the middle of doing final dissertation and hoping all of you could give some of your thoughts regarding it. I'm sure the concept of "halal" has been well understood and prominence among the Muslims. We ought to adhere to the halalness of everything that we do in lives. The concept has been well placed in a traditional ways e.g: the placement of "halal" sign on every products. However, with the emergence of the Internet, "halal" sign may take another step to expand its usage over the online environment. Do you agree with me that the "halal" seal should be also applicable to the online environment act as a trust promoting seal as its counterparts like TRUSTe or VeriSign?? Tell me what you think.

Wassalam.

Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2006 at 7:21pm

Assalamu Alaikum

Emmaibrahim, welcome to IC forum.  Inshallah you will enjoy your time here and strenghten your deen as well. 

I do like the idea of a halal seal on foods and many other things.  I don't know how it would be possible to do it with the internet but it would be nice to at least know some of the the web sites were halal.  One of the things what is very frustrating about the internet is that since anyone can start a web site about basically anything, sometimes it is difficult upon first looking to discern which web sites are authentic Islam sites.  It would be really nice to at least have that problem cleared up.  Inshallah that will happen in the near future.

Allah Hafiz

Sister Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
emmaibrahim View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaibrahim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2006 at 11:25pm

Assalammualaikum Sister Khadija;

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate it so much. Eventually the problem regarding on the site authentication for the Islamic information dissemination has been highlighted in my research and I'm in the midst of coming up with something fruitful hoping it will contribute to a more sustainable Islamic online community. In fact Sis Khadija, I was quite surprised to hear that you have the same thoughts as many of other prominent scholars on this issue. They're also concern on the real Islamic identity online.

I'm currently looking at the way which halal has been certified its products for years and on how this seal can be applicable on the online environment. Looking into the future, halalness should be expand on the online environment not only talking about goods but other Islamic products and services. Halal can be extended to different forms of lives..in my research, I'm looking at the placement of halal on the truth of information dissemination.

So what do you think??

Wassalam.

emmaibrahim View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaibrahim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2006 at 11:34pm
by the way, I had tough time in convincing my work to the Muslims...they taught I'm doing absurd thing which demotivate me at one point..whilst the Westerners are much open and taught this could be done..thereofore i was hoping by joining this forum, i could get more feedback from the Muslims worldwide, insya-allah.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2006 at 3:51pm

Bismillah,

Salaamu Alaykum, Sister Emma, (or is it Um-Ibrahim?)

I don't like the thought of blanket, complete censorship.  Because my idea of what is allowable on a website is surely different from other people's and viceversa, it is important to remain open to ideas from other people.  I have learned many things that I did not even know I was interested in on this site, and that wouldn't have happened if, for example, Shiites were not allowed here, or if it were women only talking to other women.

How could the Islaamic community agree on this idea?  Surely the people who already have the power would dictate this as well. What about the rest of us? As annoying as people like Ketchup and Bruce are, it is better that they are here than other people like Daniel might not be allowed either. (If you are curious as to what I am referring, you can type those names into the forum search to see what type of things those names represent.)  And quite possibly, I may be excluded from such a site, Allahu Allam. (God knows.)

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic