IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Works VS Faith  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Works VS Faith

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2016 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear Saved,

I won't invite anyone to enter into Islam because it's forbidden by Allah as mentioned in His word, and someone could convert to Islam because he was getting "Hidayah" (guidance) from Allah.
This is the same, Allah says in the Quran that muslims have to be careful with the temptations of the devil, because the devil is a real human opponents.

Our faith is different, and I will only answer questions in accordance with my belief in Islam.

Regards,
Asep

Our faiths are different for sure, and I respect that you wouldn't invite me to Islam. I also answer you according the measure of faith God has given me and according to what I believe to be true. So far, however, I have learned that you are not sure of your eternal destiny and that is one of the differences between our faiths. Our faith, otoh, lets us know our eternal destiny here and now and yours doesn't until you die, but isn't that too late?

Edited by Saved - 31 October 2016 at 5:59pm
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2016 at 3:34am
Dear Saved,

I've said that in Islam, all the descendants of Prophet Adam are eternal life, and that is eternal is only their soul, not their body.
They will be eternal both those who go to heaven or to hell.

Regards,
Asep
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2016 at 7:55am

Dear Saved,

I've said that in Islam, all the descendants of Prophet Adam are eternal life, and that is eternal is only their soul, not their body.

Regards,
Asep

For comparison, in the Bible continuance of the soul after death is only for the select. Hell itself is eternal, but nothing indicates souls in hell continue. The Hebrew indicates hell as a place of disposal, like an incinerator.

Biblically, if one is consigned to hell POOF!, the soul is gone. The idea of eternal torment is a popular one, but it comes from the fictional accounts of hell written by Dant� and Milton and not from Scripture. God does not torture souls eternally.

Edited by DavidC - 01 November 2016 at 7:57am
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2016 at 9:56am

Dear Saved,

Regards,
Asep

Hi Asep:

That is interesting belief you have there. Christians don't believe Adam was a prophet.

As for hell, it is real, and it is the opposite of eternal life. There is no life whatsoever in hell. Eternal life is always a good thing because God is in the details, but hell (Spiritual Death) is the opposite of life. It is eternal damnation and death. The Devil is in the details for hell.

Hell is the total absence of God. God doesn't torment people, but demons do. Hell was not meant or made by God for humans; It was made for Satan and his angels or demons.

Make no mistake about it, Hell is forever a place of torment, but that torment would be infinitely less painful than being in the presence of a Holy God in an unregenerate state of sin and darkness. May you come to the knowledge of complete truth and life.

Best Regards,
Al

Edited by Saved - 01 November 2016 at 10:01am
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2016 at 10:13am
Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

Dear Saved,

Regards,
Asep

For comparison, in the Bible continuance of the soul after death is only for the select. Hell itself is eternal, but nothing indicates souls in hell continue. The Hebrew indicates hell as a place of disposal, like an incinerator.

Biblically, if one is consigned to hell POOF!, the soul is gone. The idea of eternal torment is a popular one, but it comes from the fictional accounts of hell written by Dant� and Milton and not from Scripture. God does not torture souls eternally.
It is popular and not in the Scripture? I beg to differ: Rev 20: 10 "The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever."

Then in v. 15, the Bible says that anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire"

I would think it is the same lake of fire forever and ever and people go with their father the Devil which according to Scripture are all who reject Jesus Christ as their Savior, but as a Christian you know these things. There is nothing in Scripture to support the soul goes poof as if you never existed. The soul /spirit goes on and on either to Everlasting life or everlasting shame and contempt.

Regards,
Al

Edited by Saved - 01 November 2016 at 10:14am
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2016 at 5:29pm
Dear David C,

In Islam, there are word of Allah about eternally in hell, among others stated in Quran 43:74
However, any decision about it only belongs to Allah, He knows everything, He is very fair and wise, no one knows about His plans for the next.

Regards,
Asep
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2016 at 6:43pm

Dear David C,

In Islam, there are word of Allah about eternally in hell, among others stated in Quran 43:74
However, any decision about it only belongs to Allah, He knows everything, He is very fair and wise, no one knows about His plans for the next.

Regards,
Asep

Most Christians believe the same way.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
syed_z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2016 at 10:42pm
Greetings Saved,

I had asked you how would you gain salvation but you didn't answer.

Please provide details as to what will happen on the day of Judgment if I was not a christian and you were then how would you gain salvation.

Could you provide details from the gospel?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic