IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Works VS Faith  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Works VS Faith

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2016 at 2:39pm
Dear David C,

Thank you for your kind response.

Regards,
Asep
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2016 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear 2Acts & Saved,

I'm just trying to keep Allah's commandments in the Quran, and who can judge what I've done is just Allah.

Allah created humans and jinn/genie is to worship Him, therefore, we need His forgiveness and compassion. Allah says that whoever the person who runs His commands, then he/she will go to heaven, and if otherwise, then he/she will go to hell.
On that basis, someone who wants to go to heaven, firstly, he/she must do Allah's commands, humans can not live as he pleases without the testimony of Allah, and I think all religions have the rules of God to be done by humans.

Regards,
Asep
I understand, but you still don't have any assurance that you have done enough good or follow his commands close enough to warrant salvation. Do you? The gospel tells us to obey God too, but we are not to put our trust in our good works, because one bad work undoes all the good. For instance, if you have a huge plate of good food and put one little drop of poison in it, it is then a plate of death to those that partake.

PBUY

Edited by Saved - 26 October 2016 at 3:13pm
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2016 at 2:53pm
Dear Saved,

From where did you know that I don't have the assurance that I have done it well enough or close enough to ensure safety? the answer is I don't know exactly, let alone you, I just run His commandments, and that gives good or good enough is only Allah, not human even not the angels and the Apostles.
Allah is the Most Merciful and the Most Compassionate, Allah will forgive the sins of His servants He pleases as long as they do not associate Him with anything as mentioned in the Quran.

Regards,
Asep

Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2016 at 9:47am

Dear Saved,

From where did you know that I don't have the assurance that I have done it well enough or close enough to ensure safety? the answer is I don't know exactly, let alone you, I just run His commandments, and that gives good or good enough is only Allah, not human even not the angels and the Apostles.
Allah is the Most Merciful and the Most Compassionate, Allah will forgive the sins of His servants He pleases as long as they do not associate Him with anything as mentioned in the Quran.

Regards,
Asep

At this point in time, how I know doesn't matter. It is what you believe that matters. That is what I meant by be honest. You can speak for yourself that you are not sure, but you cannot speak for me.

When you agree with seeing the truth about this comment of mine, I will be happy to tell you how I know. If you, however, are leading me to believe that you are sure of your hereafter, but not exactly sure how, then please tell me how you are sure even if not exact. Know that God hears you on this matter.

Edited by Saved - 28 October 2016 at 10:01am
syed_z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2016 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Saved Saved wrote:

Do Muslims believe that they have to earn paradise by good deeds?

Greetings Saved,

Your Topic 'Works VS Faith' for this thread is incorrect. In Islam works and faith go parallel to each other. One cannot do without the other and Quran is absolutely explicit about it:

Surah Al Anaam Verse 158:

....... believing will be of no avail to any human being who did not believe before, or who, while believing, did no good works

The Quran commentators have explained in the view of the above verse that Belief without works is equivalent to having no belief at all.

Even though good deeds is a sign of belief Yet our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) said the following:

"The deeds of anyone of you will not save you (from the (Hell) Fire)." They said, "Even you (will not be saved by your deeds), O Allah's Apostle?" He said, "No, even I (will not be saved) unless and until Allah bestows His Mercy on me. Therefore, do good deeds properly, sincerely and moderately, and worship Allah in the forenoon and in the afternoon and during a part of the night, and always adopt a middle, moderate, regular course whereby you will reach your target (Paradise)."

Its the Mercy of Allah, His Grace that we have trust in that will give us salvation on the day of judgment.

What is your way of salvation?
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2016 at 5:34pm
Dear Saved,

I said "I don't know exactly," it's not because I don't believe to my religion, but I don't want to say that I am the person most correct in running all the commandments of Allah, there are Muslims who are better than me in terms religious devotion, only that. Therefore I said "I just run His commandments, and that gives good or good enough is only Allah". Islam is a religion that I believe, but I will not force you to believe in Islam, I only answer the questions you appropriate my belief.

Previously I'm sorry that I will not agree to see the truth about your comment, not only to you, even to the comments of the Muslims who are not in accordance with the Quran and Shahih Hadits, I would not agree.

I am very confident about the afterlife, therefore, with every effort, I'll keep the commandments of Allah and stay away from all that is forbidden by Him.

I have already known that Allah heard me on this, because Allah tells me in the Quran 58:7 and 50: 16,17,18

Regards,
Asep
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2016 at 6:15pm

Dear Saved,

I said "I don't know exactly," it's not because I don't believe to my religion, but I don't want to say that I am the person most correct in running all the commandments of Allah, there are Muslims who are better than me in terms religious devotion, only that. Therefore I said "I just run His commandments, and that gives good or good enough is only Allah". Islam is a religion that I believe, but I will not force you to believe in Islam, I only answer the questions you appropriate my belief.

Previously I'm sorry that I will not agree to see the truth about your comment, not only to you, even to the comments of the Muslims who are not in accordance with the Quran and Shahih Hadits, I would not agree.

I am very confident about the afterlife, therefore, with every effort, I'll keep the commandments of Allah and stay away from all that is forbidden by Him.

I have already known that Allah heard me on this, because Allah tells me in the Quran 58:7 and 50: 16,17,18

Regards,
Asep
I never said you don't believe your religion. What I am saying is you not knowing exactly would be problematic for me.
The Gospel lets me know exactly. The gospel is written so that we can know. John said, "These things I write unto you that you might know you have eternal life and that life is in His Son" Jesus said with his own words "NO one comes to the father (God/Allah)except through me" Of course to be certain of our eternal destination involves certain belief conditions.

BTW, it is fine if you don't agree with me for me to say what I just told you. If you can convince me I'd be better off in Islam, I would listen and think about it, but so far I am not convince you have something to offer me that is better than what I have. IMHO, and with all due respect, I believe you have something good, but good can be the enemy of what is best.

If you can convince me or if Allah can guide me to see as you do, I would be Muslim in a heart beat, but I am careful about my soul and I am not ignorant of the Devil's schemes as commanded in Scripture. Satan can appear as an angel of light for the purpose of deceiving. he is the Best of Deceivers and the father of lies!

PBUY,
Al
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2016 at 4:28pm
Dear Saved,

I won't invite anyone to enter into Islam because it's forbidden by Allah as mentioned in His word, and someone could convert to Islam because he was getting "Hidayah" (guidance) from Allah.
This is the same, Allah says in the Quran that muslims have to be careful with the temptations of the devil, because the devil is a real human opponents.

Our faith is different, and I will only answer questions in accordance with my belief in Islam.

Regards,
Asep

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic