IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My brother left islam because....  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My brother left islam because....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 5:36pm

Assalamu Alaikum:

I find these discussions interesting and I find brother Usama's advise to be wonderful. When you become active within the Islamic Community as a whole, people come to know you and your character and they feel quite safe in introducing you to Sisters who wish to be married.

When I was a single Muslimah, by the way Sister Khadija, I actually got many more invitations when I was living single and I was very well accepted, I was quite active in the community and I found that most Muslims want to marry you off once they get to know you. They will go out of their way to find you a suitable mate. You just have to put yourself out there.

If the Brother had 8 engagements is it possible that he was doing something that led to the Sisters changing their minds? Perhaps it was not his culture or ethnicity but rather his personality? Or if he turned from Islam so quickly, perhaps this was a protection for the Sisters?

We must always remember that our mate is naseeb and sometimes we find them quickly, sometimes it takes awhile. But if someone is meant for you, nothing will keep you apart.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 3:33am

Originally posted by msmashaAllah msmashaAllah wrote:

Asalaam wa Alekium brothers. As I look around I see that there are many women converting into Islam. Many of these women are African American. I want to know why is it so hard for converts to get married and why is it extremely hard for brothers to marry convert African American women.----

I tried to find contact with African women in the past through an African work mate, yet he struggles himself to find one. He is not muslim so the conditions are less than me, but now 1 1/2 year later he still looking.

I went to the dating site for few months. I chat a woman within weeks from singapore. Two weeks later I flew to singapore to meet her, she was a beautiful woman. Unfortunately there was something she did not mentioned in the profile which made us could not continue. I like her honestly, she is a beautiful.

Than I tried again making contact with malays, difficult. With arabs (easy I have no problem with them), with three indonesians, difficult (with broken communication, although one that regretted when I withdraw my approach). With african american, too far away they are all in america.

I think the people who are looking for partner in the internet most of them have personality problem and communication problem. But this is the best way at the moment to have a chat.

One advice if you like to join, please be honest and be communicative even when a person outside your criteria make contact. Be always polite.

superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 3:40am
Br Israfil, now I know you are not married and still looking. Maybe it is worth a try by joining the muslim dating site for 3 to 6 months, you never know brother. I can't tell you much what's in it, you must be in it to know it.
Moona View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 10:28am
Brothers,I hope you do not mind my posting here. First let me point out that "The Nation of Islam",is NOT Islam. About the racist issue. My husband is Arab,I was born and raised in America,and am of white skin. My husband did not even speak english when we were first married,but we understood each other with our hearts until he learned english,and I learned more Arabic. I shall pray for this brother,that he come's back to the right way.,and finds what he desires in a good muslim wife.
Moonie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic